[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - SNOWDEN

SNOWDEN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: SNOWDEN

Postby Asma » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 am

4. Are you aware of governmental spying? Do you feel safe when you communicate via the internet? Is this something we should be concerned about?

Yes I'm well aware of governmental spying, I do feel safe because I usually don't say anything confidential when I use the internet but I do see why some people might feel unsafe because the government is spying on them and hack their privacy, though I don't think that we should be concerned about this because there not using our information against us their just trying to make their work easier
Asma

Postby Renadalsa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:57 pm

4. Are you aware of governmental spying? Do you feel safe when you communicate via the internet? Is this something we should be concerned about?

this has been a controversial topic for a long time. i believe this is for the citizens benefits so if the citizen was in trouble they can locate where is he exactly and help him, they can prove his innocence too. However, people are posting their private life online anyways so i don't know if we have to be concerned about it.
Renadalsa

Postby RebeccaL » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 pm

RebeccaL

Postby RebeccaL » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm

1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?
The thing which Snowden did was very brave. And this event is recorded in history.
I will not do the same thing.

2. Is Snowden a patriot?
If the country belongs to the civilization, he is a patriot. If the country belongs to the government, he is not a patriot.

3. Are agencies like the NSA and CIA necessary? Or do they help create the same problems they are trying to prevent?
I think NSA and CIA are necessary. We said, "Power is a knife. You can use it to help people, and you can also hurt people."

I have never thought governmental spying will happen in the past. Now I feel uncomfortable when I use my computer. We should be concerned about this. Privacy is important.
RebeccaL

Postby hnb99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

I think what Snowden did was pretty risky and it could’ve put him in great danger but i would have done the same
In my opinion, what Snowden did was patriotic since he was protecting and defending the rights of millions of Americans in The United States
I’m aware but it was never an issue
hnb99

Postby HamadAlRamadhan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 pm

What Snowden did was extremely risky. Prior to the movie, I thought Snowden was a traitor and an enemy trying to expose the US government by applying his methods of strategic and mischievous hacking skills, but what shocked me is how human and civil Snowden was; He had a girlfriend and a regular life as a working man. Living in correspondence with the blindness the government inflicts on the mass ticked him off and set him on a vigilante mission not to demolish the NSA but meticulously reveal their stalking on the world. Snowden in my opinion is a global patriot.
I really liked the movie.
HamadAlRamadhan

Postby Alanood19d » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 am

1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?
What Snowden did was very brave, not everyone could do the same thing. I don't think that I’ll be brave as he was.

2. Is Snowden a patriot?
In my view, I believe that Snowden is a patriot. because what he did was for all Americans, and this is not an easy thing to do.

4. Are you aware of governmental spying? Do you feel safe when you communicate via the internet?
I had some doubts about it, but I did not expect it to be so serious. because of that, covering all the cameras in my electronic devices became a habit to me, and I’m not the only one, but all my family as well.
Alanood19d

Postby Hramadha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:27 am

This is one of the most interesting movies I've seen this year. it really introduces a controversial event in time. the act of edward snowden is one that i believe is right. the movie does move in favor of his character, actions, and motives of what he did, and i personally agree with that side. i do believe what he did was right because to begin with he did not agree to hide and lie about certain information that goes against his moral rights. Plus, i think it is never a good thing if anyone is being decided in any way, so just that that fact solely it is better that he disclosed the things he disclosed for the sake of people being int the picture. Any type of deception could never lead to anywhere good, it would only lead to the a build up of more destructive habits that could only do harm to the world.
Hramadha

Previous

Return to Movie Reports