BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE (Mike)

Postby Claire9 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:48 am

Bowling for Columbine is a documentary, it talking about the Columbia high school campus shooting.
He has interview with many people, such as Matt Stone、Charlton Heston、Marilyn Manson.
They were talking about this case and analysis the reasons. Guns are weapons; it is use by kill people.
However, you can say I use it to protect yourself. Some people always sleep like that put the guns under the pillow.
It is an important thing of America people. They feel unsafely. The US government still retains the individual possession of firearms policy.
They say it is accustomed. Last year, two Chinese students were killed. They are USC students. Strengthen security work can not stop shooting.
Claire9

Postby nathayde » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 am

Michael Moore, director of “Bowling for Columbine”, through the murder of students and teachers by two students from Columbine High School in the United States, try to question the firearm culture of the North Americans. From this point, Moore begins to analyze the American culture of submission to fear and mass alienation, in addition to the excessive use of firearms by the Americans and the consequences caused by this armament of the population.

Moore criticizes various sectors such as large arms industry, stores that sell weapons and ammunition, and US government. He also analyzes people from all these areas that may influence the numbers of high violence in the United States.

The scene that most shocked me was when he opened a bank account and received a rifle. This shows how easy is to get a firearm in some states in the United States.

In my opinion, Moore shows that federal government, mass media and large corporations, especially those in the military sector, who profit from the sales of arms and security, encourage people to buy arms, that is indirectly related to high rates of deaths by firearms in the US.

Thank you!
nathayde

Postby Daeyoungkim » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 pm

I was shocked after watching this documentary movie. How people buys a gun easily like a soda? If buying a gun is difficult to people, many crime can prevent.Also, they could not happen the accident that Columbine high school students killed other students.

In the US, every day, people can read a news article about gun accident. So, the U.S government try to make a law, gun control acts. I know that Gun control refers to laws that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearm. I think that the US government has to enforce the gun control acts. Because, government regulates gun control more strictly, firearm accidents can decrease. Guns lead to criminal actions and violence, if buying gun is difficult to criminals, crime rate will be decreasing. Keeping guns out of the hands of criminals prevents violent crime. And taking guns away from criminals also reduces violent crime.

At this documentary movie mentioned that buying gun is very easy. Not only fire arms also people can buy a machine gun like M16. So, this problem have [has] to change !!

Teacher's note: "If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." This is what the NRA has said for years as an an argument against banning guns. What do you think?

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
Daeyoungkim

Postby Yazza-94 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 pm

The movie was great and well done Michael Moore. I think it's very controversial because it shows some bad side of American culture and what do people feel and think about certain groups. Michael went all out !!! From the west to the east of the country. I was really surprised by the fact that buying gun is like buying a gum in some parts of America. Midea has a very strong effect especially on young people. For example, people look at some ethnicities in a very wrong way because of the media. That's how they created bad stereotypes among some groups. Overall, the movie was based on a high school story and it was followed by some interesting facts that showed me. It's an Oscar winner also "well deserved".
Thanks ;)
Yazza-94

Postby I-Rong » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:27 pm

I heard about the reason of that American people can have guns and they need it. This culture is very different from my country.

Even though people said that can use bullet to control the guns, but the truth is not. I can understand that people need it and sometimes just for protect, but government also has to face squarely the guns effect problems. Most of people can use it at good ways, but some of are not.

This movie made me think about the issue between opposite ways.

Thanks for sharing this movie!! :)
I-Rong

Postby Kade » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:03 pm

What really surprises me is how easy to get guns in the united states. Violence I think is a big problem here, I noticed that from the news I here here everyday compared to where I live. I think putting more strict rules for owning a gun could reduce the problem but what really surprise me that they don't do that here in the US. I think the problem is bigger than we think and it's much more complicated.
Kade

Previous

Return to Movie Reports