[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - I LOVE YOU, MAN

I LOVE YOU, MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

I LOVE YOU, MAN

Postby maikuu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 am

Document5 copy.jpg
Document5 copy.jpg (78.27 KiB) Viewed 5545 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: I LOVE YOU, MAN (Mike)

Postby Ted » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:34 am

Female friendships were described by talking. Women talked a lot about anything in the movie. For example, women gathered and talked about the problem that Peter did not have any friends. On the other hand, male friendship described through some fun. Porker game was one of the ways to interact with another male. If someone is not comfortable or funny, other guys do not want to become friend with the guy.

Peter had a hard time to make male friends because he did not have any male friend. Thus, he did not know how he could interact with other males well as a friend. Therefore, he needed to use time a lot by meeting many people.

Sidney was such a person who does not care [about] details. He just wanted to have fun in his life. Peter was attracted by his such personality at first. Through the friendship, Peter confirmed he is the that Peter could become a friend with him.

This movie was funny. However, the concept of this movie was kind of deep. Who is the closest same sex friend is very deep question. Interesting.

Teacher's note: So, according to "I Love You, Man," women talk, and men have fun. I like that. Thanks for pointing out that this film is both funny and deep. Yeah, I think it goes real deep, to a point where the honesty becomes almost uncomfortable. Maybe this is why it is not always easy to be honest about even normal things. Thanks, Ted, for being first to contribute to this topic.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com ;)
Ted

Postby Erolakbas » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Most of women like to speak too much , gossip and reveal privacy about people life's however most of men have much more funny and active life. Also this information not just in that movie ,it is same in real.

Peter is a very asocial person and his family take care too much of him so it caused some difficulties for him to communicate with other males as a conclusion Peter have [has] a hard time making friends.

Sidney is a funny and good person also he wants some friends too.Then Peter and Sidney meet somewhere after that they become friend.

This movie was funny and it included deep messages about family life , friends and love.

Teacher's note: Thank you, author for a good clean summary and recognition. glad you like the movie. I love you, bro.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :?
Erolakbas

Postby JIHYE MUN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 pm

The Most Difficult Thing; Between Love and Friendship

Male friendship made for following physically fun. So they played card game and went to the gym. On the other hand, female friendship consists of mental bond and verbal communication. Girls chat about the same interests. Peter didn't know how to react to male friends. Therefore, some of his new friends were got (<--what language?) him wrong. But, Sidney was distinctive. He just knew how to enjoy his life. Sidney looked sort of irresponsible, but he had unique personality. So Peter might felt drawn to him like a magnet.

It was a truly comedy. Then, there are so many gay characters in the movie. Actually, I thought homosexuals are strange people before I came USA. But when I arrived in L.A. and watched the movie, my stereotype had been changed! They are also common people. At first, I didn't understand Peter Klaven, He doesn't have any best friends. It's weird. But his fiance, Zooey understood him and encouraged him to have a lot of friends. How considerate she is! Definitely, If I were Zooey, I wouldn't settle down with him. Because he looked not sociable and he was kind of quiet. But It doesn't matter to her.

I learned about real love and friendship while watching this film. Real love is not a hard thing. Love is beginning a journey together. So It's a natural thing that you argued with your lover. And then this experiences make your relationships more sturdy. The end of the movie, I envied their love and friendship.

Teacher's note: Excellent summary, bro! I'm glad "I Love You, Man" was able to help create a more positive attitude toward being gay. It is so cool to know that we all share a human bond that seems to run deeper than our sexuality although libido may overwhelm us into thinking that sexuality is all there is in the moment. Funny, isn't it. And yes, the bonds of both love AND friendship in this film are something to envy. Thanks for a generous post (and let's clean up the verb grammar, please).

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :ugeek:
JIHYE MUN

Postby KimBH » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 pm

I watched this movie 2 years ago.

This movie is about friendship. Peter, the main character in this movie, makes a plan for the wedding, but he needs 'the Best Man' (a groom's best friend), but he doesn't have any male friend. Peter finds a male friend, and tries to be a best friend, but he [has] always failed. However, he finds a man, called Sidney, in his new selling house, and Sidney becomes a his friend. However, Peter's fiancee, Zooey, is angry because Peter pays no attention to her, and their plan for the wedding, and he always pays attention to his friend, Sidney. Anyway, Peter marries Joy successfully, and Sidney becomes Peter's best friend.

For most people, friend is the most important thing in their life, including me. This movie reminds me what is the true friendship. I love this movie.

Teacher's note: Yes, I like how this author (I love you, bro.), points out a fun plot point that has to happen. Once Peter and Sidney become friends, there has to be a shift in the balance of power, and this causes some humorous moments. Thanks for a cool post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
KimBH

Postby Mumumumumurarara » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Peter had a hard time making male friends because he had never reveal himself to others. Just by looking at first, Peter looked a very good person though, by the story advanced, I could understand why he could not have a friend. I thought that he was a person who had hidden his honest opinion, and kept some distance from others. The relationship, friend, is just a result of understanding of each personality, thus it is obviously impossible to make a friend whom he can call best friend if he does not show his honest heart, and disclose himself. Therefore, I thought he had never had a friend and he had a hard time making friends.
Thank you.
Mumumumumurarara

Postby Manayo96 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:15 pm

I really enjoyed this movie too, I LOVE YOU, MAN. This movie is about one guy who just get married with his girlfriend. His name is Peter.
His wife who is named Zooey has a lot of friends. From my view, I think she is perfect as woman and as wife. She is beautiful, kind and has good friends. However, Peter did not good friends like her. So, he tried to find good friends.

I think that it is kind of strange because Zooey doesn’t care that Peter don’t have good friends. So, I think he don’t have to find. Anyway, he found one guy at open house. His name is Sidney. At first, they have good relationship, but the relationships caused the problem between Peter and Zooey. The relationship between two men broke up because of this problem, but they noticed that they need them each other. Finally, they got back good relationship.

In this movie, there are some funny scenes. However, this movie has good messages which are related to our daily life. It was really interesting.

Thank you.
Manayo96

Postby I-Rong » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 pm

It was my first time to see this movie.
Peter and his girlfriend, Zooey decided get marry and he needed to find groomsmen and he noticed that he doesn't have any one can be. So, he started to find his groomsman. He met Sydney and they were really match and became close fast. At last, he had to choose between his marriage and friendship. In the end, he got his marriage and friendship.

I can see many American culture and many slang in this movie. And I can felt that if you be with someone who is really match with you, you can do many crazy things that you can't imagine. It's called friendship. Friendship is the most important things in my life. It makes me miss my friends who met on last semester!!

Thanks for sharing this movie and made me to think about my good memories. :)
I-Rong

Postby Hidetoshi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:38 am

I was able to learn something important from this movie. Social relationship is one of the important skill in the life. In my opinion, to fulfill the life, connection with the other people and to have some best friends are very important because I think they make me get more humanity. I thought why a person who cannot have even male friends can have a good ralationship with woman at first. So this movie was kind of strange for me because he had a wife. I just reconfirmed friendship and love is totally different. And I can say Zooey is the kind of greatest woman because she respected him though he didn't have a best friend. This is the relationship and understanding each other. I think because she respected him, he tried to make a best friend.
Peter and Sidney's charastaristic were different. I think sometimes the different personality makes them gonna have a good relationship because both can inspire each other. I really enjoyed this movie and a lot of time I sympathized with them.
Hidetoshi

Postby Mikii5 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:02 am

I really enjoyed this movie. The beginning of this movie seems to be filled with the happiness because Peter proposed to his girlfriend Zooey to marry him.
But story starts after that moment. On their way home, Zooey called a lot of her friends to inform that she was proposed in their car. In addition, she asked Peter to call his friends. But actually, he did not have any close friend like Zooey. However, he could not say about it to Zooey, so he decided to make his close friend for Zooey. He tried many times, but it was not so easy to make friend for him. There was obvious cause because Peter never showed his honest feeling. He faked and concealed it because he wanted friends but he really needed to show his real feeing and opinion to make a real close friend.
Eventually, he can be a friend with Sidney because Peter was taught the way to show his real feeling by Sidney. Peter did not hide it and talked a lot with Sidney, so they can become closest friends each other.
I was also taught many thing by this movie because it is sometimes difficult for me to make friends. But it is important not to fake myself and to show my honest feelings.

Thank you.
Mikii5

Next

Return to Movie Reports