I LOVE YOU, MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby MickaRu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 am

This movie is very good comedy talking about friendship and love. I mean relationship between Men/ women, Men/Men and women/women.
In the beginning of the movie Peter asked Zooey to become his wife. She said Yes. Immediately she called her friends to announce them the good news. Then Peter remarked that he didn't have men friends. All of them were girls. He decided to look for ones. He made some man date but didn't find or met gay. One day, in a open house, he met Sydney. Sydney wasn't interested in buying a house but only free women and foods. After that Peter called him and they had some man date. With time they became real friends and did some man things together. Peter changed and troubles with Zooey began. Peter and Zooey had big dispute because Peter said that he didn't know he why I wanted to marry her. So Zooey decided to leave their home and went to stay to her friend's house. Peter went to see Sydney. He told him that's it was his fault. He decided not to meet him anymore and ended their friendship. Then he saw Zooey, told her that he loved her and went back together. The day of the marriage Peter wasn't totally happy so Zooey called Sydney to invite him but he was already in road. When he arrived him and Peter both talked and admitted they were missing and liking each other. The marriage went on and Peter had now a wife and a best friend.
MickaRu

Re: I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby tinattaro » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 pm

I watched this movie at first time!
I always don't watch movie, so it is a little bit difficult for me to understand that content.
However, these character are so interesting!
I want to watch it again !
tinattaro

Re: I LOVE YOU, MAN (Mike)

Postby Daeyoungkim » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:56 pm

Peter, a real estate agent, gets engaged to his girlfriend Zooey. But he does not have any close friends to share the good news and realizes that he needs to find male friends in order to have a best man for the upcoming wedding. When during an open house at Lou Ferrigno's mansion, he meets Sydney. The two quickly become friends, bonding over their mutual adoration of the progressive rock band Rush. A day, they went to shopping for tuxedos, in there, Sydney asks Peter why he is marrying Zooey. Because of this question, peter decides to end their friendship. Before the wedding, Zooey sees Peter looking sad, clearly missing his friend Sydney. She calls and invites Sydney. Finally, Sydney assumes the role of best man, and the wedding commences.

After watched this movie, I thought that do i have real friends? good friends? This movie is very good for me.
Daeyoungkim

Postby Claire9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 pm

I saw this movie before, I feel good watching it.

I would like to have a friend like Sydney Fife. I think a lot of guys would. Even though it's funny, charming and light-hearted,
that may be the basic appeal of "I Love You, Man." Sydney represents the freedoms most men hesitate to give themselves,
maybe through fear of ending up alone, arrested or locked inside behavior that looks fun when you're young but crazy when you're older.
The great thing about Sydney is that he lives your fantasies so you don't have to yourself.

I Love You, Man" is, above all, just plain funny. It's funny with some dumb physical humor, yes, and some gross-out jokes apparently necessary to all buddy movies, but also funny in observations, dialogue, physical behavior and Sydney Fife's observations as a people-watcher. I heard a lot of real laughter from a preview audience, not the perfunctory laughter at manufactured payoffs.
Claire9

Postby Yazza-94 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 pm

This movie gives the audience a clear idea about how male friendship is different from female friendship. The things that guys do together and can not do with girls. For example, you can not talk about girls with a girl or get into fights with girls :D. It's about manhood.

However, Peter and Zooey are engaged and that creates a problem between him and his friend Sydney. Peter is stuck in the middle of satisfying his fiancé or experiencing what it's like to have an actual friend. They get into fights because of that, but they resolve the problems eventually.

Peter gets married and his friend Sydney comes to his wedding wearing a penguin suit. Overall, the movie was good because it clarifies many things about relationships and friendships. And if you're no careful you may lose both.

Thanks

Teacher's note: I think this author makes a good point about the fact that there are things a guy can't discuss with a gal, and vice versa. There is also a little summary which gets the best points of the film. Who said penguin suit! I know who this author is, and I need to say, "Best work yet!" Thanks for weighing in. bromissimo.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
Yazza-94

Postby Yoshika » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 pm

I think this movie tells us the importance of friendship.

The main character of this movie, Peter propose marriage to Zooey, and she accepts it. The best frined is needed for weding, but Peter doesn't have a best friend. So, he tries to make friends. It is very difficult for Peter because he does not know what is true friend is. But he knows it gradually after meeting Sydney.

The way to become friends is different between woman and man. While woman get along with friends through talking, man do that through sharing funny experience. I agree with it in real life.
I enjoyed watching this movie a lot!

Thank you.
Yoshika

Postby nathayde » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Review of “I love you, man”

I love you, man is a romantic comedy about a relationship of two men. It is different from traditional American romantic comedy in which a handsome guy marries a beautiful woman. This movie focus on a man, Peter, who is the typical good family boy, honest, dedicated to work and passionate man, that realizes that he does not have a best friend to choose as best man for his wedding. On the other hand, his fiancé has many friends and always goes out with them.

In this way, as he has not built a true group of friends, he tries to find new friends. Then, he occasionally finds Sydney that becomes his soul mate. The film shows the construction of a feeling between two men. Sharing the same interests, they realized that they complement each other.

This is an atypical movie for me because in my opinion the relationship between men usually is stronger than that between women. This is due to the fact that men tend to spend more time together, playing videogame, watching football, or just hanging out. A man always has a group of friends, so it is weird a man like Peter that does not have any close friend. While women usually go out just to gossip when they have an important issue to gossip or debate. Another point is that men tend to be more reliable than women. Men always try to defend and protect their friends.

It is an interesting movie; it is fun to watch how a relationship is built during the movie.

Thank you! :P
nathayde

Postby Kiyomi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm

“I LOVE YOU MAN” is really interesting movie. I think that there are many movies of girl’s friendships, but the movie is boy’s friendship movie. That is why I felt new when I watched the movie. The movie told me to be honest and not to hide own real feeling and thinking. I also think that the acting is important to make a friend. To be honest, I’m not good at showing my mind to other people and be afraid of a judgement from my friends. That’s why I do not talk too much and agree with other people’s opinion easily. So, I respect Sydney who do not hide his real mind and do what he want. I want to be like him. ( only the point ) Actually, Sydney is a strange man. It is true. But, he is cool, so I understand that Peter was attracted by Sydney’s action.

In addition, I have a favorite scene. Sydney asked Peter for a loan of 8000 dollars suddenly because of creating advertisements using his photos for him. Firstly, I surprised and thought that it is crazy, but I was impressed after I knew that the advertisements was successful. I felt the bonds of friendship between Peter and Sydney.

I like the movie! Thank you!!
Kiyomi

Postby jhhan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:27 pm

The issue that this movie featured was unusual thing and interesting. It was about the difference between the love relationship and friendship. Usually, people behave differently to their lovers and friends. To lovers, people want to show all good things and sometimes don't wnat to be honest. However, with friends people became more honest and share very secret things. The movie well described Peter's struggle to find true friendship. It was very unusual situation because most of other movies focus on finding lovers.

Peter and Sydney became friends but had problems because of Zooey. Because Peter didn't know how to manage well between his lover and friend, he had difficulty to keep relationship with Sydney. However, by Zooey's effort Peter and Sydney could finally be best friends. I think it is very realistic situation. Many couples fight because of their friendship. So, the theme of the movie was interesting and it made the movie distinctive from other usual romantic comedies. I really enjoyed it!
jhhan

Previous

Return to Movie Reports