Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: THE THREE BROTHERS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: THE THREE BROTHERS

Postby ttangra » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:54 am

After listening to the story of the 3 brothers, Harry, Hermione and Ron could understand the importance of the 3 death hallows to themselves as well as to Voldemort.

The eldest brother who owned the most powerful elder wand in the world, was killed by the wand in the end. So it is still not for sure that Voldemort could beat Henry with the elder wand.

The Resurrection Stone, which killed the second brother might also betoken a doom if Harry was intertwined with the resurrection of his loved ones.

The Invisible Cloak could be used to help.The invisible cloak, which brings life to the third brother, might also bring safety to Harry and his friends. Although hiding is not a ultimate settlement of all the problems, but it could earn them time of preparation at least.
With all these in mind, they might be able to defeat Voldemort and conquer death.
ttangra

Postby Junyilyu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:02 pm

In this clip, Lovegood's last words are very important--"They make Deathly Hallows. They make one master of Death." Of course Harry wants to survive the war with Voldemort, therefore, he needs to get all three Deathly Hallows. Since Harry also has one cloak of invisibility(actually it is the same one that Death gave to the third brother), he may start to think about how to get the other two Hallows--the elder wand and the resurrection stone. Before Dumbledore's death, he has had planned all the things pretty well to guarantee Harry get the Deathly Hallows. With the belief to Dumbledore, with brave heart and courage, and with kindness and love, Harry becomes the master of Death and defeats Voldemort. Love is the greatest magic. ;)
Junyilyu

Postby Huanlin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:41 pm

The journey of defeating Lord Voldemort is very dangerous to Harry, Ron and Hermione. However, according to Mr. Lovegood, the three items are so powerful that the owner will become the master of Death. So apparently Harry and his friends would need these items to help them.

First, with the help of the elder wand from the oldest brother, they would be able to defeat their enemies with its great power. Or they should at least get the wand because if Voldemort got it, it would be even harder for them to defeat him. Second, with the help of the magic stone, they would be able to get advice and information from those who are dead already. Since they don't really come back to life (according to the story of The Three Brothers, the girl didn't come back to mortal world), they can't help during the battle. However Harry can still talk to the deaths and get courage or advice from them. Third, with the help of the cloak, they will be able to hide from and secretly attack their enemies. This would be very useful during battles.

Last, quoting Mr. Lovegood, the owner of the Deathly Hollows will become the master of Death. According to prophecy, either Harry or Voldemort must die. So, if Harry becomes the master of death, it means that he would be able to defeat Voldemort.
Huanlin

Postby reneeliu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi it is renee. Here is my speculation about the following story (since I never watched the films and books before, it may be a little stupid ;)).
After Mr.lovegood told Harry potter what was the meaning of the symbolic ornament worn around his neck, Harry sensed that in order to attain the power to defeat the enemy, he has to collect three things, which is the magic wand, stone and cloack of invisibility. Harry, Hermione and Ron obtained the wand and stone after undergoing untold hardships, however, they failed to find the cloack of invisibility. Based on the perivious clues, they evolved that the cloack was in Lovegood's house and actually Lovegood was the Third Brother's son. Lovegood admitted it and said that he was planning to give the cloack to his daughter, Luna. When Luna came home and Lovegood gave her the cloack, Death appeared. It turned out that Death were looking for the cloack as well, so he traced Harry's track and find the existence of cloack. To protect his daughter, Lovegood beat back the Death at the cost of his life. Harry took luna away and finally they four started off the journey of revenge.
reneeliu

Postby lxr205 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:08 pm

"The Three Brother" story provides details about the Death Hallow, which is an essential object guiding the development of the whole storyline in this movie. Therefore, after knowing that the Hallow consists of the power of three "prizes" from the Death, we know that this Hallow is extremely powerful and evil. In my opinion, what Harry and his friends need to do afterwards is, first finding the Death Hallow. After finding the Hallow, they also need to "accidentally" wake it up and fight with the darkness inside the Death Hallow. Finally, they will win the fight and return to their normal life.
lxr205

Postby Gus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:11 pm

The new information about the brothers will lead Harry Potter to search the three prizes of death(cloak of invisibility,elder wand, magic stone). The three prizes combined together represents the symbol of Deathly Hallows(The Mr.Lovegood's necklace has the same symbol). Harry,Ron and Hermione probably are realizing that Voldemort wants all these prizes so he is going to be so powerful that he can be considered the master of death. Hermione realized that there's a tomb with the same deathly Hallows symbol, so they can use this information to search for this tomb and to search the other 2 locations with the same symbol that represents the other 2 prizes.
Gus

Postby chenyuer1118 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:09 pm

I have never watched any Harry Potter fimls before so what I'm gonna say is purely my prediction. :D Firstly, I like the story very much I think it is very fascinating. If I'm going to predict how Harry would use all the information he get, I would say that since they have already known what consists of the Deathly Hallow- the Elder Wand, the Resuurection Stone and the Invisibility, they may found that Harry, Hermione, and Ron happen to have each of those three items and then Death appears and he might be very angry about them. Therefore they start a fight. And I also bbelieve that later Luna would be a person who may either help them or causing some problem because Luna is mentioned at the begining of their conversation.
chenyuer1118

Postby JackieDu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:14 am

Although I have watched this movie once, I surprisingly find myself hardly remember any detail story, so what I'm going to say is purely guess and imagination.

"The Three Brothers" actually indicates Harry and his brothers how to beat Voldemort in two ways: the weapons they should bring together and the wisdom they should bear in mind and apply in future war.

Firstly, they now understand the symbol is a combination of elder wand, resurrection stone and invisible cloak, which make the master of Death. To win the war over Voldemort, they should start to gather all the three magic things right now, especially ahead of their enemy. The wand will be the key weapon to defeat Voldemort, the stone can help them communicate with the dead relatives and friends thus to get further enlightenment, while the cloak can help keep away from enemies' sight when necessary.

Secondly, they will be very careful not to abuse the magic power, since they have been proven to be very dangerous. As for young children, it's not so easy to keep consciousness all the time and stay clear mind in front of the seductions and emotional influence. Harry might experience similar situation with the old brothers (e.g. lose mind for a while), but the story he has heard will awaken him and help him pass through the difficult in the end.

This story also tells all the audience that the war between Harry and Voldemort is not only about power, but also a test of character, wisdom and maturity.
JackieDu

Postby wenhuizhu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am

The story of The Three Brothers, in my viewpoints, might give some hints for Harry to know how to fight with Voldmort and the result of the battle.

To begin with, someone, once attains the Deathly Hallows, will be the master of death. This is what Voldmort is eager to. Therefore, Harry must try hard to find them before Voldmort. The elder wand, if someone wants to get it, he must kill its former owner. Now it belongs to Snape, but actually, its master is Malfoy.Therefore, even though Voldmort will kill Snape to get the wand, it makes no sense.

The Resurrection Stone, it cannot revive any true life. What it can revive is a body with no soul, or with a pessimistic soul. This revived life doesn't belong to the real world. The Cloak of Invisibility, it now belongs to Harry, which let Harry know the immortality is of insignificance. People, easpecially Harry, should understand thoroughly the meaning of life. At the end of his life, what he should do is to accept it peacefully as long as he has strived, experienced and loved.

In addition, I think the fate of three brothers also represents the fate of Voldmort, Snape and Harry. Voldmort will die for power, like the oldest brother. Snape will die for lost love, just like the second brother. And Harry, is the one like the youngest brother, who greeted death like an old friend.
wenhuizhu

Postby Yuqing sun » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Almost in every Harry Potter movie there is a destined devil Lord Voldemort therefore the lord of Death to the three brothers is what Voldemort to Harry, Hermione and Ron. If this is the case, then The Three Hollows would be the keys to defeat Voldemort in the end. About how to find these three hollows ( the wand, stone, cloak), clues are buried behind the tale of three brothers.

The wand was stoled by a wizard so Harry must figure out who and where the wizard is. The cloak of invisibility was passed to the son of youngest brother, hence harry must get the cloak from the son. What's more, by the end of the clip Hermione mentioned a tomb where she saw the triangle symbol and that tomb may be the one where the second brother was buried.

On the contrary, if Voldemort beats harry to the draw, he will get unlimited power of death. So wish Harry all the luck.
Yuqing sun

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports