Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: THE THREE BROTHERS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: THE THREE BROTHERS

Postby 1993iris » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Death Hallows are 3 magic and powerful objects created by the Death. It contains the Elder Wand, the Magic Stone and the Cloak of Invisibility. Harry already had the Cloak of Invisibility which was given by his parents and he also knew where were the other 2 objects. Voldemort has came alive and controlled the world of wizard, so Harry has to defeat him and protect his friends and families. Harry has to get the Elder Wand and the Resurrection Stone. With all 3 things together, Harry will be as powerful and mighty as the Death. However, the story of the Three Brothers is a household story, so Voldemort must know it too. Therefore, what Harry is going to do is to find the Deathly Hallows first and use them to kill Voldemort for good.

Of course, Harry will encounter plenty of difficulties and setbacks, but he has friends, especially Ron and Hermione. The two of his best friends will help him till the end of the world. Moreover, Harry is the descendant of third brother which means he will survive eventually, as well as his friends. I believe, in the end, Harry will defeat the "undefeatable" Voldemort.
1993iris

Postby yuzhang » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:10 pm

With this information, Harry and his friends know the meaning of the symbol--the Deathly Hallows, which is the master of death when the Elder Wand, the Resurrection Stone and the Cloak of Invisibility are gathered together. And Harry also realize that the magic cloak his parents gave to him is one of the hallows, and he should keep it properly. Meanwhile, Harry and his friends must try their best to find the other two hallows before Voldemort get them, so that they could stop Voldemort from his evil plan--ruling the world. In addition, The Three Brothers story also conveys a message to Harry that all men should remain humble rather than pursuing power voraciously, or they will lead themselves to self-destruction.
yuzhang

Postby Yoni chang » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Harry and his friends, Hermione and Ron, had often encountered the symbol which was the shape of Mr. Lovegood's necklace, and they wanted to figure out the meaning which the symbol represents. Through the three brothers'tale, Harry and his friends found out the meaning of the symbol, the deathly hallows. The deathly hallows consist of three objects, the elder wand, a resurrection stone, the cloak of invisibility. Someone who gets all of the three deathly hallows would become a master of the death and get the power to control the death.

As Harry and his friends were on the journey to defeat Voldmort and the darkness that he brought about, the tale gave them a hint to how to destroy them! They have to gain three deathly hallows before Voldmort find out those. However, there will be various sufferings and troubles during the adventure, because Voldmort had a lot of followers who are loyal to him. Among those three hallows, Harry inherited the cloak of invisibility from his parents, and also has already seen a resurrection stone when he was young.

Therefore, I think Harry got superior position than Voldmort. I predict that, in the final, Harry will get all of those three and defeat Voldmort, and it becomes [a] happy end[ing]. To achieve these happy ends, Harry and his friend should keep the lessons from the tale in mind. The lesson that just some parts of three hallows were incomplete and would destroy them. Also, they should be humble in demonstrating the power from the death.
Yoni chang

Postby YiminGu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 pm

This new information being revealed, Harry realizes that he already owns one of the hallows: the Invisible Cloak. Now what matters is to find the other two hallows, the Elder Wand and the Resurrection Stone, so that they won't fall into evil hands and that Harry can be more powerful rivaling Voldemort since the owner of the hallows will be the master of Death. With the Resurrection Stone, Harry is be able to talk to the dead people, for example, his parents; so has an "unfair" advantage - he can get fully prepared before the real battle with Voldemort. With the Invisible Cloak, Harry hides from Voldemort and with the Elder Wand, he finally defeats the enemy in the head-on fight. Harry wins in the end because of his wisdom, bravery and help from friends.
YiminGu

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am

Based along the story of the three brothers, Harry Potter now knows the meaning of deathly hallow. First, he attempts to move that symbol away from being the cause of the damage or pain. Second, try to be nice to everyone in his relations and not to hurt the feelings of everyone. Third, he will be proving to protect himself from death. And he will try hardly to prevent any evil man of arrival from access to this symbol.
dr.musleh.dent

Postby haoqiulyu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi I am Jessica Lyu, I am happy to share my ideas here. In terms of the future development of the story, I suppose that Harry must get some clues from THE THREE BROTHERS in order to fight against Voldemort. High chances are that Voldemort will be killed as long as Harry collects all the three weapons--the wand, the stone, and the clock. However, the story would also inspire Harry in other perspectives, for example the dos and don'ts when applying the weapons. Arrogance and cruelty destroyed the biggest brother, and nostalgia killed the second one; only modesty saved the youngest brother. THE THREE BROTHER may be an important turning point that would help the three friends find ways to fight and finally win the war against Voldemort.

Teacher's note: This response is awesome in its logic and inference. If this author has seen "Deathly Hallows," it would still require the need to reconstruct the logic of the coming events in the story, no easy task, (in one's second language, no less). Great job, and thanks for posting!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
haoqiulyu

Postby RayXiao » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Harry and his friends, having known the story of the Three Brothers, are surely well aware of the significance of the three magical pieces and will set out in search of the other two pieces, given that Harry has been in possession of the Invisible Cloak for a long time, thanks to his father. However, the three youngsters will not be the only party searching for the treasures. My prediction is that Harry, Hermoine and Ron will go through ups and downs together as usual, receive help from capable and honorable people along the journey, and in the end, successfully gather all three magical pieces and thus become the master of Death. This will give advantage to Harry and his friends in their battle against Voldemort. Besides, the treacherous journey itself will carve out a stronger, wiser and braver Harry Potter, a transformation of character which will be encouraging and uplifting.
RayXiao

Postby Taro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi I am Taro. Although I am not a big fan of Harry Potter, I really like magic. I have never seen the movie before, so just let me guess what will happen next. Harry Potter, Hermione, and Ron would spear no efforts to find the Deathly Hollows. Definetely, Mr. Lovegood would help them. Of course, they would find each of them - the elder wand, the magic store and the cloak of invisibility. As we known, only when the three megic power work together, it would display powerful strength. So they have to find all of them. Harry is the descendant of third brother and he has already had the cloak of invisibility. However, there are many abstacles for them to get the other two. They would go though every trouble they would meet. At the end, Harry and his friend successfully protect their home. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Taro

Postby HenriqueTeixeira » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:15 pm

I am not a fan of Harry Potter, actually I just saw the first movie and I did not like it at all. However, I will try to figure the final of the movie. :D

The part of the movie that we saw in class showed the history of three brothers that received three presents from death because they were clever enough to cross the river. The first brother asked for the most powerful wand, the second one wished to have the power to bring someone from the grave and the last one received a clock capable to hide someone from the death. The three objects together make up the Deathly Hallows. :shock:

It is possible to notice that the union of the three prizes of death (elder wand, magic stone and cloak of invisibility) would be able to make someone invincible, so I think Harry Potter and his friends (Hermione and Ron) will try to find the three prizes to be able to defeat Lord Voldemort.

Teacher's note:

Considering that this author is not a Harry Potter fan (Can you believe it? 8-) ). I think this is an excellent post and a great prediction, especially considering that the author probably never saw the film (pity). Thanks for a great post!

--Mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com
HenriqueTeixeira

Postby Yumqqq » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello Mike, I'm sorry for having done this late, hope you wouldn't mind it. :|

I'm not a super fan of Harry Potter, and I watched some Harry Potter movies before, but they didn't give me much impression. I'm trying to recall some fragments in the Deathly Hallows, and here goes my answers.

Harry, Ron and Hermione went to find Luna's father, who knows the story of the symbol that confuses Harry. The symbol is actually made up of 3 parts, the wand, the stone, and the cloak, and each of them has a story about the three brothers. The elder brother asked for the power of avoiding death, but then was killed for being to arrogant; the second brother asked for the ability to bring his dead wife back, but eventually he killed himself for not being able to keeping his love in the mortal world; and the smallest brother, who was the humblest, only asked for cloak that would keep him invisible so that the death could never find him, and he died peacefully when he turned to an old age. The story of the Deathly Hallows may give some hint to Harry, Ron and Hermione, and help them to find the Deathly Hallows.

-Yumqqq
Yumqqq

Previous

Return to Movie Reports