Almost Famous: NOT ON THE LIST

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Almost Famous: NOT ON THE LIST

Postby shmookh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:07 am

I think penny and her friends they like William. Maybe because they are in the same age? They tried to help him to do his interview for the band, but Freddie the doorman was so strict about the guest list. I think he can help William to do his interview even if his name not in the list but he was so rude with William.

Also Stillwater they didn't like William when he talked with them in the beginning, but when he mentioned something about their style in the music they like that.
shmookh

Re: Almost Famous: NOT ON THE LIST

Postby chihyi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Even though it is my first time to watch the movie, it is interesting with teacher Milk for showing me the way. Among all the film sections we watched, we can find entirely opposite two worlds between William’s family and the environment he tried to interview.

The most impressive scene is that the doorman impolitely stopped him again and again, but William never give up and try different ways to get into the door smoothly in the end. Maybe it is a representation that a simple man goes into a complicate world, but it is neither bad nor good. Penny Lane said that they are not groupies and be here because of the music.
Rock music is so attractive that they all inspire the music.

Thank you, teacher Milk!
chihyi

Previous

Return to Movie Reports