[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - V FOR VENDETTA

V FOR VENDETTA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

V FOR VENDETTA

Postby maikuu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 am

:x :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :shock: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek:

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: V FOR VENDETTA

Postby Jihyeonkim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 pm

"Voila! In ciew, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the
verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However,this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation stands
vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently
vicious and voracious violation of volition The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, geld as a votive, not in vain,
for the valure and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of
verbiage veers most verbos vis-a-vis and introduction, so it is my very good honor to meet you...
And you may call me V."

This a famous quote which impacted me. I think a person who sees this movie will see it again. Like that it was such a good movie.

Teacher's note: Ah, but I much prefer to read what this dear author thinks rather than repeat what I have already experienced from watching the amazing "V for Vendetta," a film to watch over and over. Thanks for being first to post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgropwenglish.com :?:
Jihyeonkim

Postby Yi Yun » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 am

1.Evey is a young girl who(m) is saved by V from the Fingermen. She lost every person in this movie. She wants to be strong and V helps her. They are attracted to each other in the process. Finally they fall in love, and Evey inherits his spirit.

3. To me, V's actions are justice. He started a revolution for everyone in a special way. He freed people's minds, and made people get rid of the government's control.

Teacher's note: Thank you, author, for a concise follow-up report.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
Yi Yun

Postby akerke » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:06 pm

The honest movie - is the best one! In the story, the act takes place in the alternative future In England, where rampages a severe and everything-controlling totalitarianism. Everything is under strict and severe control: one wrong step, action or even word and you're not an alive person anymore. The scenario described in this movie is so close to the situation of our present state of affairs in the world, where you should be careful when you do or say something.

One very remarkable moment of this movie is that it accurately describes how powerful the Media's impact is now and would be in the future. The film gives the impression that the typical resident of this country (England in that case) depicted as sitting and looking on his large TV completely idiotic talk shows, as well as news, and that all his work. So, this typical citizens do not even understand why they need a revolution, what their limit is - there is a TV and everyone is happy.

But, from the other side why [do] really they need a revolution? The population lives in peace and prosperity of satiety, only the negative things are that they have a curfew and a prohibition for a homosexuality. So, what is the problem? I think, in that case, the movie is not performed good because it needs more significance reasons.

Teacher's note: I am in agreement with this author until the end where, regrettably, our opinions part paths. :roll: I think the movie gives plenty of cause for a revolution. *spoiler* The government has caused the basic problem in the first place, only so Sutler can gain a grip on power. Then, when things get out of hand, the government performs live experiments on hundreds of people, maybe more, in order to seek a cure for the problem.

They seem to hate everyone who is not "true blue' in their core values. This includes Muslims and Americans. (ouch). Let's see, what else. They carry people from their homes in the middle of the night and make them go away. This happened to Evey's parents and to Gordon Dietrich when he satirized Adam Sutler on his TV show. And there's lots of little things like Sutler has absolute power over all aspects of life. Yeah, I suppose a revolution would be called for given the circumstances. But that's just me. Thank you, author, for a well-articulated post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
akerke

Postby abanumay » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm

V for Vendetta is an American political film [in which] everything was under severe control. The story start from a girl whose name is Evey. She was a young girl she Fight with V against the Finger-men. she had a friends but lost them in this movie. However, V helped her to be more strong on her life then she start to believe him and trust and at the end they fall in love with each other.The government become so tyrannical because what they did before and V as trying to revenge.He as trying to show up the justice. He did all that for made people get rid of the government's control and have them rights. :ugeek:

Teacher's note: GPS alert. I must caution this author to be aware of beginnings and ends of sentences (full stops and caps). I corrected a few, but not all. Otherwise, this is an excellent setup for "V for Vendetta". It gives us a clear notion of what to expect without giving away too much. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
abanumay

Postby Molly » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

Any society needs some or another revolution in the process of it's development. It is inevitable process of human development. May be that's why there is nothing controversial in this film. At each step of the development there is a person who comes out against the existing system. This is precisely the moment when the system shows its inconsistency. Such people always lived. Guy Fawkes, Gandhi or just V. And I hope they will always be.

I understand that every revolution requires sacrifices. Not all people are ready for change. But I think, there will be more victims without changes . How many people will England's government kill if V never comes? We don't know. May be More than V, may be less. But people understand that they don't want to live under such restrictions. They don't want any curfews. That's why the revolution has happened. It was right time. And right person.

Such people will always live, because the ideas never die.
Molly

Postby Fawziah » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:16 am

1- V and Evey met when V saves a young TV reporter named Evey from rape at the hands of fingermen forces her to join him, and takes her under his wing. Then he starts to fight the government in Nov 5th. Evey found her family who's arested by the government in V believes. Then they fall in love until he's died.

2-The government became so tyrannical because of virus runs wild in the world and most people are dead, and Britain is ruled by a fascist dictator who promises security but not freedom.

3- To me, what V did was kind of justice but not in this bloody way. I against violence even though it's for rights. The movie talked about 2020 which is supposed to be way much demands civilized.
Fawziah

Postby The3TG » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:36 am

Awesome revolutionary movie about an avenger man and his precise plan to change his corrupted government and society making no effort to change their reality.

I really liked the mysterious personality of the masked V and the fancy way of speaking in literary quotations. The way V planned things and educated and prepared Evey is marvelous.

That particular movie put me in kind of indecision and confusion thinking about right and wrong. I would defiantly recommend that movie for a friend.
The3TG

Return to Movie Reports