THE INTERNSHIP (NATE)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: THE INTERNSHIP (NATE)

Postby yenchichi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Dana was a woman who cared more about her works than any other things.She used to put her works in the first place so that she missed a lot of beautiful moments in her life.It was not until she met Nick did she started her first taste of life.She exchanged the thoughts with Nick,which transferred her solid opinion of living.She then became a normal girl that dated with boy,and made use of her time for both works and leisure activities.
As for the interview of Billy and Nick,I first considered that was a bad interview.On account of that most of the stories in the interview of Billy and Nick were made up,and that they didn't actually understand the importance of the truth in one interview.However,after the discussion with classmates,I found the passion of Billy and Nick.The fact that they didn't have an awesome resumes didn't mean that they were insulated from Google's jobs.At least they did their best to gave it a try.And since determination and enthusiasm are the most crucial elements for seeking a job,I think these had made it a successful interview.
Nick and Billy were two ancient dinosaurs in this film.With the advent of Internet world,severals of new concepts had sprung up.Nick and Billy thus learnt a lot of knowledges of both Internet and professional stuff about computer calculating.On the other way,those young internships were all really clever but lack of coherence at first.The main reason why they couldn't do great was because they didn't make good use of their skills and made it unlike a team.After they put down their position and got to know each others,they win the biggest prize of Google,and that's exactly what they learnt from Billy and Nick.
yenchichi

Postby Nini » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:12 pm

When the boy Yo Yo appeared in the movie, I knew he would be the person who changed most. He was a typical Asian boy, raised up by a “tiger mother”, whenever he felt threatened, he would think of his mom, and became very frightened. He was unconfident and nerdy, you would never imagine him standing up for something, and you would never imagine him with a girlfriend. But He did it. After a while with Nick and Billy and other members in the group, he found a way to be with people, and the winning gave him confidence, made him stronger. In the end, he could finally stand up to object his mother, and I believe his parent were very proud of him.

Billy and Nick are a pair of funny odd guys. They were fired by their previous company, and they did a interview with Google, both of them didn’t have any experience of computer or Internet, but they made it to Google as interns, and they passed the test to become official “Googlers”. The interview was actually very successful, but not in a traditional way. They talk very informal, didn’t answer the questions directly, and they were completely unprofessional. But they really made an impression to the HR, and what they said in the end of the interview was really genuine and touching.

During the internship, Nick and Billy learnt a lot professional knowledge and experience from other interns. They changed from completely amateurs to passionate and skillful interns who are qualified to work in Google. The other interns also learnt something from Nick and Billy, too. They are very good talker and sales, when the other interns could not persuade the owner, Nick and Billy nailed it. And their passion and attitude were also very impressive. That’s what Nick and Billy brought to the group.

Xini
Nini

Postby abanumay » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:58 pm

I really like the movie.the internship movie was so interesting and full of challenges. The most important thing I have noticed is that Nick and Billy's good attitude when they encountered the difficulties resulted from different generations in Google's internship. People grow up in dissimilar conditions and played different roles in life. While, they will have very different opinions on many issues. In order to minimize the generation gap, they all tried to understand and communicate with others. working at Google has a great benefits . such as insurance m good salary , and you can work comfortably and so on ! but I don't like to work there because I'm not familiar with these stuff .
:geek: :geek:
abanumay

Postby Aibar » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:58 pm

All doors are open for you when you are young. What to do if you are 40 years old and you were just fired from your work? No problem. Billy and Nick will answer you. Two heroes of this movie are just fired from their work and searching for new opportunities. So, they are trying them in a new company... Google. It is a place for the brightest minds of the world and it seems like there is no place for Nick and Billy. However, during the movie we can see that their life experience and desire to learn something new are very important. So, what we can learn from this movie? Never give up.
About movie, I can say that actors played well and scenario is typical with happy end because people expect to see in a comedy only positive things. I like this movie. Funny and interesting.
Aibar

Postby nathayde » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 pm

The Internship is a really amazing movie. It tells a story about two characters, Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) who work as sellers on a retailer of watches. They end up losing their jobs because the company closes. Then, Billy decides that it's time to take risks professionally and convinces Nick to accept an internship program at Google, so he pretends that they are university students in order to become interns at Google.

The interview process with the two is great fun, as well as their journey at the technology company. They do the interview at a public library because they do not have computer with a webcam. At the beginning, they do not respond correctly relevant questions, and they are confusion, but at the end, Nick decides to be honest and tell them why they need a job, then they are accepted.

At Google, they encounter new and advanced minds and start a selection process which is a competition among groups. There is a diversity of odd people. During the process of selection, Billy and Nick’s group face some adversities, for example, at the computer task, the boss gives explicit instructions about what they should do, although Billy is confident, he does not log in to the system, and all group lose this task. However, at the end, they win the competition and become interns at Google.

In my opinion, Nick and Billy learned from the young interns how to have responsibility, some computer skills, and also that if you study hard, you can get whatever you want. On the other hand, the interns learned from them life experience which is essential to have a successful career. They also learned that even when you face some obstacle, you should have a positive attitude.

The most important lesson of this movie is that if you want to have an achievement, you just have to fight for it!

Thank you. :)
nathayde

Previous

Return to Movie Reports