PONYO (Mike)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: PONYO (Mike)

Postby sei » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 am

Hi, This is Sei.
I am going to show my opinion what Ponyo means in reality. Ponyo is the symbol of environment and Sosuke represent human being. At first, Ponyo wanted to be a human because she fell in love with Sosuke. It means nature is impacted by human. Actually, when Ponyo changed as a human and she was finding Sosuke, there was a tsunamai. Because at that time balance of nature was broken by Ponyo.

So human have an bad influence on nature. However, Sosuke also love Ponyo, not only as a human but as a fish. it means that human truely love environment. And Sosuke and Ponyo is young. It means eventhough there was big flood becasue of tsunami, the future is positive when we love our environment like Sosuke. Also Sosuke's mother and Ponyo's mother were talking, it means human commune with nature. After that, Sosuke overcome the difficulty. Therefore, Ponyo tell[s] us if we truely love, commune with nature and keep balance, our future will be bright.

I am touched by the director because his message was delivered to me as a beautiful fairy tale with an image beauty. Eventhough there are alot of films which are talking about environmental problem, this point makes Ponyo special.
sei

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

I'm Emika.
He is curious so he was interested in Ponyo so much. He is innocent and pure. He has many relationships with neighbors. So he seems to place importance on relationships with others and Ponyo. Sosuke and Ponyo made each other learn about human world or marine world. Ponyo asks about how human and marine lives can live together.

This was second time for me to watch this movie. In this movie, world in an ocean is portrayed and bottom of ocean was so dirty. Also Ponyo's dad said ocean was made dirty by human. Hayao Miyazaki may want us to understand how human treat ocean.
Emika Kanazawa

Postby ericlin231 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi, I am Yueh-Te Lin (Eric Lin)

When finish seeing this movie, I thought that the movie just bring us back to the world of pure and simple, no one cheating and talking advantage of each other, and the whole story is trying to describe “LOVE”.

In my opinion Sosuke doesn’t change his personality, he has already act like a person who is mature and reliable, no matter he was in some trouble, he still be kind and friendly to anyone. Ponyo is a little deferent, she feels everything curiously, want to see more things and try to become a girl that can get together with Sosuke. Through this situation, both of them finally learn about love includes making choice and being sacrifice.

The movie is keeping noticing the environment issues to us in many scenes, especially in the part of Fujimoto, Ponyo’s dad, we can easily guess why he disliked human, and in the end, he gives up and let her daughter become a human, made him a big determination to did that, actually I am touched by his love for Ponyo, because it’s really hard to forgive human.
ericlin231

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Sosuke has a family that means everythig for him. his mother is a hard worker and his father is a captain.

Sosuke and Ponyo change each other in the name of love. Sosuke changed ponyo to be a human. Ponyo changed Sosuke to be a leader.

I think the message through this movie is to human to take care of the nature to keep it safe place to live in.
dr.musleh.dent

Postby Foton » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 pm

hey I am Foton,

The movie was credible i enjoyed it.

Sosuke is a boy who's live with her mother and his father. He met goldfish with some magic power, Sosuke called his goldfish 'Ponyo'. They changed each other behavior, and leaned new thing in their life. First Sosuke toke the responsibilities of Ponyo and loved hem so much, and Sosuke's mother help them in some situation in the movie. The movie will help the children to learn how to love each other.
Foton

Postby hanadi » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:33 am

I really enjoyed watching Ponyo it is interesting movie it is show how the love could change the magic, i like Susky because he take care of Ponyo and he want to be friend in each case if she is human or fish
hanadi

Postby hanadi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:47 pm

I really enjoyed watching Ponyo it is interesting movie it is show how the love could change the magic, i like Susky because he take care of Ponyo and he want to be friend in each case if she is human or fish
hanadi

Postby Sulttn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 am

Sosuke is a 5 year old boy who is living with his mother Lisa and his father was a captain at a sea . Sosuke found a goldfish and he gave her a now name he called her Ponyo . Ponyo loves Sosuke and she doesn't forget Sosuke cause Sosuke he was cared about Ponyo. Ponyo's family doesn't need Ponyo lives with a human as human , they need her to be like them as a fish . But when Ponyo decided to stay with Ponyo she kissed sosuke and there is magic happened and Ponyo changed to a human .
After that Ponyo's father was trying to let her go back to the sea , but her mother came and saw Sosuke and she saw the love that between Sosuke and Ponyo and she let them live together.
This movies let us to feel the love and the younger who they felt together and it's gave us the big image for love .
Sulttn

Postby Mohammadu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Young Sosuke is curious and full of energy,This boy cares about other people like his mother Lisa,and the elders. His father Koichi is a ship captain. However, Koichi is always away at the sea,So Susuke and Lisa communicate with Koichi through using the Morse code. Because of Ponyo and Susuke falling in love, both young Sosuke and Ponyo change to become more caring Children. Sosuke Promises the Parents of Ponyo Fujimoto, and Granmamare that he will take care of their daughter. However, Ponyo had to give up all of her magic powers in order to become human. because she can't have magic powers and be a human in the same time.
This movie is so touching and inspiring to the point were it became my favorite animated movie. Studio Chibili and Hayao Miyazaki did a fantastic job in showing the environment and love in this movie and what that means to be a human. Moreover, we should care for the environment and we must not dump human wastes and trash in the ocean and sea, we must search for better and friendly ways to catch fish without causing damage to the environment.
Mohammadu

Postby bugra712 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:10 am

In this movie, Sosuke is 5years old and very kind and moral kid. He always very polite with elder women in his mother’s work place, take care them liken his real grandmother. And his father is captain, even Sosuke is very young, he can use Morse code to communicate with his father, it shows he is really smart.

Ponyo always thinks human is the big enemy of the world, because her father effected her mind. But she still has big curious to watch the outside. When she met with Sosuke her mind is completely changed and she like to became human. When Sosuke met Ponyo, he surprised her appearance and liked her cuties. After that they learned how to unite with each other and helped people when they have problem. Also they learned how to sacrifice.

The movies showed, human being significantly effecting the ocean environment, in this case, we have to educate the people notice their behavior, avoid to throw the trash in the sea, because it could causing the creature die. When we developing the high scientific technology meanwhile balance the environment to avoid the pollution.
bugra712

Previous

Return to Movie Reports