LORD OF WAR (Mike)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: LORD OF WAR (Mike)

Postby wonsom » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Hello, I'm Jeong Wonguk -(willie)

Yuri is just an arm trader. The first time, he just wants to earn a money without meditation of death and war. However, with time he realizes the disastrous reality. He witnessed the murder and people's pain. He rationalized his act. "Although I stop to sell a arms, other arm trader will fill his role." Moreover, He rationalized himself "I just sell a weapon, not death." Otherwise, His brother, Vitaly seems to have a bad conscience. He acts what he can do, even if that act is useless.

The last scene of this movie, Yuri was released by a General who has many medals. That scene implies that the government allows the arm trade. The reason why government allows the arms is economic advantage. The politicians receive a bribe and commission from arm trader and munitions companies. Moreover, they lobby the pressure.
wonsom

LORD OF WAR (Mike)

Postby engomarq8 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Yuri Orlov justifies his work because one day Yuri witnesses a gun shoot out in a restaurant and suddenly becomes interested in firearms. Yuri has now found his passion for life and he not only begins to sell guns, but also establishes himself as one of the premier suppliers of firearms in almost all of the war torn areas of the world. Yuri is shown to be human in many ways, but becomes more of a machine than any of the weapons he sells. :roll:

Yuri approaches Vitaly and seduces him into the life of arms trafficking, claiming he needed a partner and that they were doing nothing with their lives. they need to get money and be human. Although not really knowing what he would be getting into, Vitaly reluctantly accepts and seems to hold his own with his brother

Why the government allows gun runners gun runners because There are plenty of examples of legal, government-to-government arms transfers that have fuelled arms races, perpetuated regional wars, and supported repressive regimes.

Actually i like this movie and i learn a lot of things from it. First of all , it teaches me that we need to think about the guns and wars. Why the people kill each other. I know there are a lot of reasons that relate in religion or get money or political and colonial ambitions. Whoever, i have learned that how most of people are victims of wars and nothing to do with its. But, the good things about Yuri who has challenged from big problems to be rich and has a lot of guns for sell.
engomarq8

Postby Sulttn » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:29 am

I have learned from this film that there are people killing each other without feelings and without any ruth, and the trading of the guns is not easy, and it is stronger trading, but does not have a person departs from them in peace, for example Vitaly Orlov he killed cause of the guns , he killed when his brother Vuri Orlov and the people from Africa were selling the weapons.

Vitaly was a good man and he has a felling not as his brother Yuri Orlov even if he was used the drugs but he wasn't need to cell guns or to be with his brother to cell the guns and the weapons,Yuri hasn't felling and he doesn't care about his brother or his family but Vitaly he cared about his family not as Yuri.

Vitaly was a good man because he thought selling the weapons made people killing each other , and these weapons make people not as a human , it's made people such as an animal . "Stronger lives longer than the poor".

Jack Valentine he knew about Yuri that he selling weapons and guns , and then he was trying to find the way that he was selling the weapons on, but he didn't find it clearly . And he was following him every where but he didn't find it clearly.

This movie is made me to understood what weapons and guns made people to be .And it's very helpful to practice and to learn the words that in the way of war and guns and who to make a deal and who to work with people in different countries.
Thank you Ms Mike.
Sulttn

Postby hanadi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:40 pm

this movie make me scared how it is easy to kill people in many different region in the world. also in this movie a lot of killer encourage Yuri to sale guns
hanadi

Postby M7MDHv » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:40 am

Hi

This is mohammed alsanosi

The film hero is Yuri, in the role of a Soviet arms dealer to travel to third world countries that have requested from the Soviet Union buy light and heavy weapons because of concern in the bloody civil war. Yuri is business man and he has wife and son also.
M7MDHv

Previous

Return to Movie Reports