ALMOST FAMOUS (Mike)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: ALMOST FAMOUS (Mike)

Postby ericlin231 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello. I am Yueh-Te Lin(Eric)

First of all, I really like this movie, it’s meaningful one that I’ve ever seen this year. In this film, there’re two different sides about what family is, one of them is the traditional family leads by William’s mother, another one is the bus tour with Still Water‘s members. This film didn’t make Rock “n” Roll as the symbol which seems like cool, it try to give the answer to point out the traditional family value, which is the real rescue from chaos. Due to the answer, William can keep himself as a real person all the time, even he’s going to the trip with Russell, the guy who is usually messed up in life, William still act in different way neither to others, and he choose to solve the problems not just avoiding it.

The most favorite moment in this film I think is when they found Russell in the house taking drugs that made him in coma, then they pulled him back to the bus, there’re a song played in the bus. At first, no one trying to sing it, but few seconds later, they sang it one after the other. I really like the song and was touching by the scene, because it just showed us how music affecting people to be better.

I try to understand what director wants to express and convey to audiences, and I’ve realize that he has such an enthusiasm emotion through music, it is his whole life and that makes the story become so natural and smooth, made me feeling like I’m not just an audience but also a friend who is listening the music.
ericlin231

Postby engomarq8 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:22 pm

William got along well with his mother and sister separately. He has become interested in rock music and journalism, writing for several underground newspapers. William is successful person. He bears the trouble travel and stay away from his mother to fulfil his jobs

Music world full of risks and problems. Also with music business, there are world of finance, sex and drugs. It is a road full of mystery.

My favorite moment in this movie when William's mother calls him and asks him if he is ok? And there is noisy music and he does not even hear what his mother said and at least he heard his mother said i love you and she was crying. I like it because there is no love in the world like mother's love to her children. Mother has a big heart. This is a great movie in general.
engomarq8

Postby hanadi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43 pm

I enjoyed watching this movie , it gives an information about the lifestyle of rock band in 1973. They fall free to do what ever they want and travel around the cities in United States. I like William because he is smart boy and became successful journalist in early years.
hanadi

Postby Sulttn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 am

My favorite character is William, because he is running to his goals to write a good news about the Stillwater band to the famous magazine Rolling Stone , his mom needs him to be a lawyer but he doesn't wanna be a lawyer , he needs to be a writer . And he wrote a good store and a good experiences with the Stillwater band .There are many beautiful things exotic and strange , worried things and bad things in this business and these trade shows us these are things such as: drugs addict and having sex .
the most moment that i liked in this movie , when Penny Lane let Russel went to William's house by "via" giving him rung adders and that adders was for William's house and she gave and let Russel found the best fans and the good boy that can trust him. After that Russel was thinking about her and about William ,after that Russel let William finshed his last interview. That was my most important moment in the movie.
The Musician's life i learned from them that, they're simple people and they have mistakes and they have beautiful work ,and the interesting thing they are working as a group .
Thank M.R Mike
Sulttn

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Russell because he knows that who the the best friend is and who wants him to be a good person.

It is not real and it makes the person drop into a bad habit.

The moment that when Punny let Russell met with William.

it's a good movie I recommend it to anyone wants to know the real life of the music and the famous persons.
dr.musleh.dent

Previous

Return to Movie Reports