[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

Postby maikuu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:52 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Sean Boswell does what he wants to do, while his dad is strict and serious so he does not do like Sean. They have similarities. They like a car. Sean likes driving and drift. His dad fixed a car.

Because they are gaijin. They felt like isolated. In addition, they have a problem about their parents. They are similar.

In this movie, the drift-racing culture was not famous in Japan because people raced indoors. Also, people showed a feeling of proud of themselves by the drift-racing . The drift-racing might be like their pride.

I like this movie. I am from Tokyo so I know much about there. I have never seen drift-cars there. The drift-racing culture is not popular in Japan so the mixture of cultures is interesting. Also, in this movie, some of Japanese famous actress and actors appeared. The teacher, who told Sean to put on uwabaki, is a Japanese comedian. That scene was funny.

Teacher's note: It feels great to get a Japanese perspective on "Tokyo Drift". I was surprised to find out that many of the actors are actually not Japanese and Han, I think, is Korean. Thanks, author, for being the first to post and share your country's perspective.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Sulttn » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:40 am

American teenager Sean loves participating in illegal car races. It defies rivals in one of these races, but it causes the destruction of his car and the race ends in disaster. Rather than eliminate the death in prison due to his young age, Sean is sent to Tokyo to spend a period of time there and to stud[y] at different universities with his father, who works in the army and he used to fixing cars. Sean up to Tokyo and start looking for the secret world of the races, and discover a whole new world of competition cars in the underworld of Tokyo and he discovered a new friends such as Neela,Han,and Twinkie. And the racing way isn't not just only on speed, but it's more about the ability to control the car.

Sean Boswell compare and contrast to his father by telling him about the messes that happened and he cannot leave it like that he needs to fixed and make every things on a good way , when he said i'm gonna fix these problems that i did it. i'm gonna clean the messes that i did it. And that affected his father to not let him leaving with out cleaning the messes.

Neela was Dk's girlfriend, and she lives at abroad country in Tokyo whoever when Sean Boswell came to Tokyo she knew Sean Boswell, and found Sean such as her situation, Sean Boswell lives at aboard country too as her and all of them and both of them are American. When they knew each other Dk felt jealous cause of Sean and Neela because they were talking with each other a lot, and they hung out with each other, that reason let Dk being crazy and he start being inconsiderate person and he attacked Sean all the time and he tried to kill him. That reasons let Neela and Sean attracted to each other.

Teacher's note: This author does a thorough job at summarizing "Tokyo Drift". Also there discussions about Sean's relationship with both Neela and his father. There is plenty of drama to go around in this movie. I advise this author to check GPS for smoother editing. I like how this author points out that drift racing is not just about speed, but also about controlling the vehicle. Thanks for a good post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :(
Sulttn

Postby bugra712 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 pm

According to The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT, I felt really amazing and definitely fell in love that movie.

In the movie, Sean's dad was divorced with his mom when he was child, His dad is the military in Japan, He has a stable work and mature. In contrast, Sean drove illegal race in US, and escape to Japan. Even he didn’t met his father before, but he still accept him. In the movie both of them did [made] mistake[s] before.

Neela [is] also an outsider in the Japan. She came here when she was child. After her mother died she was accepted by DK’s uncle and she wanted to escape from them. When Sean had raced with DK, they were met and has some feeling with each other, Neela appreciate Sean’s passion and braveness.

In this movie, I knew drifting is a very important part in racing. I noticed car modification is very popular in Japan. Usually before the match, rider will adjust his car and practice his drifting skills to ready to the game. It’s very cool when they drifting.

To sum up, after I watched this movie, I felt Sean is very brave and dedicated man. When his best friend Han died, he went to DK’s uncle place to return him money, and required the one more game to get peace and his girl friend. Finally, he succeed and able to live in his town. When I was seeing the Han’s friend came to him place and ready to game, I was very looking forward to watch next season about this movie.

Teacher's note: I'm glad this author found "Tokyo Drift so enjoyable to watch. This author makes a good point by noticing that even though Sean has a history of making trouble, he is good deep down inside. He is brave and loyal. These are traits we can all admire and emulate. Thanks for a cool post. BTW several of my Japanese students mentioned that drift racing is actually not well-known in Japan. This calls for a little research.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted:
bugra712

Postby Sara_alhejazi » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:49 am

Sean and his father are similar in their love for cars, In addition to that both have made mistakes in the past. Also, they are different in some aspects, the father is systematic and serious person and he wants Sean to follow what he says. But Sean was doing what he wanted and did not abide by his father's order, and therefore his father Kicked him out of the house.

Both of Sean and Neela are gaijin in Japan. Where they attracted to each other as a result of what they passed by the events.

Drift-racing in Japan is not as popular as it is in America. However, they have a great interest in cars and engines. Also i noted that the police do not prosecute the contestants, because they know they will not be able to catch them. I do not know the truth about this matter in Japan.

I watched this movie twice, and I'm still enjoying it and all of its parts. It is true that the races are fun and make you feel proud when you win but very serious and you may lose your life because of it. We also have the option to do what we want, but we must bear the consequences.
Sara_alhejazi

Postby Risaaa » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:34 pm

There are some different and similarity between Sean and his father. Both of them likes car, and they have a lot of knowledge about car. However, his father is serious person. He had some rules, and he pushed it to Sean. In opposite, Sean didn't give up anywhere to do what he wants. Finally, his father support Sean.

In my opinion, this movie invited criticism, because there has several strange things. Actor or actress speak unnatural Japanese. I guess Japan is a few people who can speak English and Japanese fluently. But American people doesn't care. Asian people are same face for them. in addition, in Japanese high school, they don't have many foreign student,and we don't use computer in classroom to study. That was so funny.

Anyway, I enjoyed this movie, and I missed Japan when I watched this movie.
Risaaa

Postby engomarq8 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm

there are some compare and contrast between sean and his dad. In compare, sean and his dad got a lot of trouble problems when they was at school. In fact, his dad divorced his mother and traveled to another country to make his own money. sean also left his mother after several problems that hi made. his dad lived in Tokyo alone long time. in addition sean left his father when he found group of racers and help him to drive carefully. in contrast, his dad left his country to make his own money. however, sean when he was young, he made a lot of problems and made his mother paid a lot of money and his dad kind of hard working.

Neela likes sean because he sees many beautiful things that she always want it. her first boyfriend bever pay attention to her and he always like to date many girls. Actually he prefers to have girlfriends than have one. he always smoking weeds and drinking alcohol. however, she sees a dream boyfriend who bever give up and gentlemean. in addition, he is very interested in her.

the drift-racing culture has shown us in this movie is that how dangerous to engage in this culture because it has a lot of sacrifices and dangers. it's true thar where there money, but possible at any time that person will lose his life. In fact, death at any impelling, gangs , girls , drugs , alcoholic and money.

In my opinion, this is really a great movie, i like it because it has many advantages and dangers. Actually, i like action movies where is cars. but it teaches us that also the life could change anytime. And in any moment it can be from trouble life to a wonderful. :D
engomarq8

Postby SHIHO » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Both of them are outsider (Gaijin) who moved from U.S to Japan. Also they love car. In addition to similarities, there are some differences between them. Sean is really free person who does what he wants to do. On the other hand his father is strict. He persuaded his son to obey rule.

I felt the drift-driving culture is crazy. I mean that everyone is addicted to money and girls. Also they don't feel guilty to violate other people. Actually, I think that this movie is kind of wired for me from Japan because I have never seen Yakuza (Japanese mafia) and guns in Japan. Guns are irregular. So I hope people who watched this movie did not have negative images toward Japan. Japan is clean and beautiful country.
SHIHO

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:09 pm

They have similarity to like cars but they have differences Sean likes drifting and his father fixes the cars.

Because they are gaijin. They felt like isolated. In addition, they have a problem about their parents. They are similar

The drifting in the movie is most important in the racing but it is not popular in Japan like America.

To be honest, I don't like this type movies but it was enjoyable.
dr.musleh.dent

Postby sei » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Sean and Neela are attracted to each other because they are same. They are called 'gaijin' which means foreigner or person who comes from other places. Also their parents are not stable. Sean's parents divorced, Neela's mom was dead. So they are outsider. These make them to attract each other.

This movie is the series of The Fast and the Furious. Recent movies are not only about racing, but this movie is. Some parts are hard to understand for me because I am not interested in racing. So I couldn't follow the characters' emotion well. But the scenes that they are in racing are absolutely cool even though I don't like racing. I could feel the speed like I am on the car.
sei

Next

Return to Movie Reports