The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: The FAST and the FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Mike)

Postby Tony » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Japan in this movie is not so real, but drift is famouse and popular technique in Japanese comic and anime. Japan has so small road and a lot carb. Therefore racer, it is said "Hashiri-ya" in Japan, needs to learn drift. Lunguage and people are so strength for me, but I enjoyed this movie. The difference between Sean and his father. Sean's father protect his son by obeying group's rule, but Sean protect him and his friend by obeying his rule and doing not afraid break rule. It is not always good, but sometimes neccesary, I though.
Tony

Postby wonsom » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am

The opening part of this movie, Sean and his father have different way of thinking about their life. Sean was just a teens and doesn’t’ have a responsibility about his acts. So, after the playing illegal racing, he was sent to Japan by his mother. On the other hand, his father is a soldier who has sense of responsibility about his life and his son, Sean. Despite his immaturity, he gradually changed after meeting Han. For Han give trust and confidence to Sean.

Sean and Neela feel bond of similarity, because they’ve felt loneliness come from the reason they are gaijin in Japan. Also, both of them have painful experience about their parents. Neela’s mom was hostess in Japan and Sean’s parents divorced.

This movie’s attractive point are growth of main character and splendid car action scene. Especially, Fast And Furious is one of the most popular movie in racing movie, owing to thrill car racing in everywhere. Also, this movie shows us gorgeous racing scene in Tokyo’s downtown.
wonsom

Postby Mohammadu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 am

Sean Boswell is similar to his father in a variety of ways,For Example they both love cars and are considered gaijin(foreigner).However, at some point Sean faced his responsibilities and didn't make the same mistakes his father did in the past as it was stated in the movie.

Neela likes Sean because he is different from D.K,Moreover, He is kind,honest, and has potential.Sean likes Neela because he thinks that she is similar to him in loving cars and in having the same feelings of loneliness. Moreover, For some reasons they both had family problems as they were separated from their parents from an early age.
In real life Japan, there is no drifting of this kind because it's very reckless and dangerous. however, Drifting can be seen as very important in this movie, as how it's connected to the yakuza and the underworld.

This movie was very exciting and full of unexpected events,for Example, when Han died and when D.K lost in the end.Moreover, we can learn about the drifting world in japan, And how it effects the characters in a way that changes their lives like Sean.
Mohammadu

Postby Changkyu » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:26 pm

After i saw this movie, i saw the whole series of the Fast and the Furious!! This movies became one of my best one! Sean has a problem with his parents. Because he loves cars and race. First battle against Dk, Sean was defeated. Sean was not used to drift. So he practiced drift almost every day.

Finally he won the race and then Sean became the Drift King. Most Impressed thing in this movie was, Sean was outsider when he moved to Japan. But he tried to solve problem what he made. He has strong responsibility. And he changed outsider to insider!
Changkyu

Postby hanadi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Sean was totally different from his dad, he is positive and his father negative. Neela likes Sean personality and his confidence.
In Japan I thought there is no gang and crime I surprised when I watch the movie. They are dying to win the computation and they pay a lot of money for their cars.
hanadi

Previous

Return to Movie Reports