I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

Postby SHIHO » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am

Hello this is Shiho from Japan.

Man-date means friendship meeting among two or more straight men. I can see a male date is so difficult thing from this short sequence because Peter always failed to make good relationship with other guys. However, I think a male-date is not so hard in real life because I think that getting formal dinner is not only a male-date but also just chatting with other guys can be considered a male-date. I can say Peter is just unlucky guy.
SHIHO

Postby M7MDHv » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am

Hi

This movie is talking about " how men make friends?". The main character is Peter. He is a man who is looking for friends.
He had two attitudes to make male friends. The first, when he met the older man by online date. The second, when he met a gentleman who is gay! because he kissed peter in his lips. In the end, we can say peter tired to make friends. He has to be careful when he want to hung out with new people.
M7MDHv

Postby engomarq8 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am

In this movie, peter tries to meet new friends and he knew many guys but he got problems with them. One of them is gay. He thought that He is a guy who looking for new friends but it doesn't. After finished meeting with them and suddenly the problems happened. One of them is gay who just kissed him in the street. He was surprised and felt bad. Even he failed the first time, he tried to meet new guys.he knew new guys and they do noy common with him. They like drink a lot and he just feel uncomfortable with them. In my opinion, Peter should ask any one who to meet with about their behavior or what do they like.
engomarq8

Postby afj8909 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:50 am

"I Love You, Man" is talking about man date. Man date means meeting a man as a friend, not as a soul mate. Peter wants to make a friend like straight man. But a guy, who Peter met, is a gay. It is not simple for Peter to make straight men.
afj8909

Postby Aizhan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 pm

It seems little weird that this guy hasn't any friend. He is trying to make a friend, but all the time he is failing: one of them was too old, one of them too strange to him, and finally, when he thought that he met one, he acknowledged that this person was a gay... Maybe, friendship is not such thing, that it is not enough just to want to create it. People not search for friends, but they fill each other when they met. They might have some common things like interests, they might share same thoughts or believes, or they might be just in the same boat: at work or school… But all of those things are not that important as understanding each other in any situation.
Aizhan

Postby engomarq8 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:53 pm

man date is just one way to get a new friend. I think the movie shows that there is something wrong with man date. For example, a man date means each person should know everything about his new friend before they meet just to avoid embarrassments they also should know what type of the relationship that they want. what their behavior and what the purpose from the relationship. That's why the movie shows us peter has many failures because he does not ask their new friends about their life and everything. ;)
engomarq8

Previous

Return to Movie Reports