[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

Postby maikuu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: I Love You, Man: WHAT IS A MAN DATE?

Postby ericlin231 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:39 am

Hello, I'm Yueh-Te Lin (Eric)

In my opinion, man date is like to get together with some guys and have fun, for example, hold a party in someone's house then playing cards games or drinking beers, even they just do chatting only, I think it can also call man date.
ericlin231

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 am

Man-date means looking for new male friends. That's usually happens when someone doesn't have a male friend and he wants to expand his friendship. In this short-sequence, Peter found himself with different types of guys who are gay, crazy or older men. But the results it's not satisfied.
dr.musleh.dent

Postby Foton » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 am

Peter tried to made friends for his wedding and his brother and his mother tried to help him with that , but there is misunderstanding in the meaning of man-date that's why Peter met a gay guy who thought he is a gay too. Also, it's very hard for him to find a good friend because all his efforts were not successful. However, he tried to used the internet to find a friend, but he met again the wrong one who was very old man.
Foton

Postby hanadi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:44 am

Man date has a lot of challenges when they play they often fitting. when make new man date you should make sure every thing is clear their age and type of man to avoid the misunderstanding. Meet new people is great ,but they need to be carful.Online date is the worst way to meet people because sometime people change their real identity.
hanadi

Postby alrefai » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 am

A Man date is a date between two men for the porpoise of building a friendship . It's not like any regular date so the men don't go for a dinner or a movie non of the real relationships dates like going for drinks after work
alrefai

Postby Basileo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:46 am

I man date can be a nice lunch with a new friend.Or going to a soccer game.Playing cards. Having some drinks. I also think going to a coffee shop. The mean goal from a man date is to get to know some new friends and enjoy your time. Sometimes you will not meet nice people but some other times you can find the right friend.
Basileo

Postby young » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:47 am

A man in the movie trys to make friends in various ways, such as playing a poker, watching a soccer game, having a dinner and using the Internet. However, it is difficult to make friends such a way because sharing time and experience with others is necessary to make friends. Therefore, I think that joining a sports club and enjoying sports with other men is one of the best way when man makes friends. For examle, I made a lot of friends when I played a basketball and soccer with other students at the university.
Last edited by young on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
young

Postby wonsom » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:48 am

Peter, main character of this movie, wants to make a freind for his wedding ceremony. For the this reason, he tried to meet anonymous people by internet website. However, he failed. in my opinion, the man-date cannot get with a purpose. Real platonic freindship requires a unconditional good feeling and will.
wonsom

Postby SungMin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am

A man date is when a man asks another man to go out for after drinks or any other just to make friends. A man date shown in the short-sequence is when Peter goes to Barry's house and plays cards and drink. This scene shows Peter with several people in Barry's house playing cards and Peter wins without knowing. Later on, Peter vomits on Barry after a drinking game.
SungMin

Next

Return to Movie Reports