MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

Postby Changkyu » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Much Ado About Nothing is a comedic play whatt was written by Shakespeare.
Before i see this movie, i though that Shakespeare's work was quite a difficult to me. But my thought change after i saw the movie.
This movie, Much Ado About Nothing, was really interested for me.
Specially the last scene of movie is deeply impressed.
Because a movement of camera is continuedly. And also fluttering down of blossom scene is really impressed.
The movie was made in 1993, but camera techiques and scenery both are fascinately.
Changkyu

Postby wonsom » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Benedick insist that love makes a men idiot. So, he was opposed to Claudio's marriage.

The reason why the story that Shakespeare wrote 400 years ago is simple.
It shows the character's basic emotion ; joy, anger, sorrow, and pleasure.
For example, This story shows the characters' emotion by their monolog.
This literary devices makes people can sympathize with character of this story.
wonsom

Postby AlaaAlansari » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Claudio had to check when he saw that women, and he thought she was Hero. If he really loved her, he could be more confident that it wasn't her. Hero got shocked at her wedding day. I think Claudio had to pay what he did. However, Hero forgave him for what he did when he apologized, and everything went back as nothing happened.
AlaaAlansari

Postby Mimi.t96 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 am

I think people in this generation still struggle with loving someone. As we saw in this movie, sometimes people cannot believe what their lover say because of too much love. Claudio did not believe what Hero said about that night at all even though Hero told him the truth. Love made him crazy and he lost his calmness. In our generation, of course the way to have those relationship has changed. However, I don't think the way to love someone has changed too. Love is the most important thing and it sometimes makes people crazy like Claudio and Hero were. I can say that "Love is blind" all the time.

In this movie, Hero pretended that she died because of Claudio, and she appeared in front of him again finally. However, it is so hard to make this happen in reality. If someone made same mistake like Claudio, he/she would never come back to him/her. That's why Claudio should have believed her before he lost her. Love is trust. Love is compassion. And love is to love yourself:)
Mimi.t96

Postby SHIHO » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:56 pm

I don't think that loving someone has not changed between 400-year old and today. People often pretend to dislike a person who they love in realty, like Beatrice and Benedick because people don't have self-confidences. Also, people are influenced easily by their lovers because they love too much them.

I really love this movie because I can learn old English and I can see similarities between people who lived 400 years ago and people who live today in terms of love.
SHIHO

Postby afj8909 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:22 pm

The movie 'Much Ado about Nothing' is talking about love between Claudio & Hero. However, Don John disagreed their marriage so they planed to make break off their engagement. Claudio misunderstood that Hero was having an affair last night before their engagement. But finally, Dogberry & Neighbor found the truth. Claudio & Hero got married, and the movie was ended with happy ending. When I watched this movie, I couldn't understand this perfectly.Words in script of the movie was too hard to understand. Even though the movie was hard, I'm glad that the movie was ended with happy ending. Through this movie, I could understand Western Middle Age's way of thinking.

Teacher's note: I'm not sure Don John disagreed with the marriage proposal between Claudio and Hero so much as he simply wanted to make trouble and saw a perfect opportunity. His profile is that of a person who was mistreated in life, and so he chose to pass his pain on to other persons. This is a tragic choice and an example of why love and kindness is always the better pathway. I like how this author recognizes the opportunity to observe life in the 1600s (actually after the Middle Ages). I dare say people were not all that different from people today. As Benedict says, "The world must be peopled." Thanks for a good post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
afj8909

Postby Saud97 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 pm

1-Why is Benedick so opposed to marriage?
2-What must Claudio do to prove his love for Hero?
3-How is this 400-year-old story still relevant today?
4-Write a summary/opinion of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.
ANSWERS
1-Benedick thinks marriage has no meaning and thinks its not manly to be in love.
2-Claudio needs to sing to her grave in order to prove his love for Hero.
3-Deception can still ruin relationships today.
4-A Lord needs to marry the king's daughter as a sign of gratitude, but one of the lord's soldiers fell in in love with the king's daughter. That soldier's name was Claudio, but little did they know the devious Don Jon tries to ruin everything because he was evil.
Saud97

Postby Sulttn » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 pm

This film has a deep story and beautiful, and all the personality in this film has a different story from the others, I've learned from this movie that confidence is very important especially in relationships,in love,and in pre-marriage. But what happened in this story makes us to don't trace the bad people and the people who are splitter, and you have to don't let these people who needs to broke your life by lying on you , you have to find approve, trust,and to find an excellent people. For example when Don John was trying to broke the relationship between Claudio and his girlfriend "Hero" to don't get marriage. But finally they got marriage .

This story is too old and the way of this story is very interesting and it facts. In this story the show us the real people in this life, wherever it doesn't matter who old is it ! "story" the important and interesting things in the story are the people, the feelings that people on their life and it still the feelings on people in these days .

Benedick he has a very interesting story, he was representing that he isn't love Beatrice but in fact loved her. Also Beatrice, she did the same thing with him to don't be in love with him. But in fact she loves him. And Then they were fighting all the time together , they just need to keep their love secret and each one wouldn't wanna the other know about the love. Benedick and Beatrice are hiding their love, and this cause and effected them to don't marriage . And that the reason why Benedick so opposed to marriage with her.
Thank you .
Sulttn

Postby Non5553 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Benedick was thinking that the marriage could change him to a stupid person. Also, he was against married. I think he was afraid to be husband for somebody, but at the end his friends planned a great plan to make him think again to be in love with a beautiful girl who makes him very happy and evoke him to make a serious relationship. :lol:
Non5553

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Claudio must prove his love by his word and says the truth about Hero.

Even though this story was written over than 400 years, but the love is the human feeling that won't change over the years.

I think this story provides that love between men and women in the most extreme way. it means that love could be happen by aggressiveness or by the romanticism. And shows the people who want to destroy that via evil way.
dr.musleh.dent

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports