[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - GOOD WILL HUNTING

GOOD WILL HUNTING

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

GOOD WILL HUNTING

Postby maikuu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:54 pm

SeanMaguire.jpeg
SeanMaguire.jpeg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 2891 times

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: GOOD WILL HUNTING

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 am

I really enjoyed this movie. this is first time for me to watch it.

Will does not have his family. In addition, his foster father treated him violently. He does not know about love and feels lonely. Although he has a talent for methematics, he does not have an opportunity to show his talent.

When he worked at a university as a cleaner, he answered a difficult question on a blackboard. Prof. Gerald Lambeau saw him writing answer. He noticed his talents and he asked Will to work together. Also, Will started talking with Sean Maguire. As they tell each other about themselves, they get to know each other and they console each other.

I like this movie. This movie is realistic. In this movie, each person has a problem. We see their inner conflicts. We feel sympathy with them.
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Risaaa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:53 am

1, Will does not have a mother, so he was brought up by a foster parent when he was a child. And also, his father used violence on him. That is why, he has shut himself off from everyone. moreover, he went to the police many times because of brute accident.

3, Sean and Will has same experience, so they shared that. Sean was also ill-treated by his parents.He could understand Will's situation. Therefore, He said "It is not your fault" for Will. And Sean lost his wife lately. On the other hand, he broke up Skylor. Sean knows person who is important to him is only one. So he advised Will to touch on her seriously.

While I was watching this movie, I heard some sentences which are touching. For instance, " You are not perfect. She isn't perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other." I like this one. No one is perfect. I learned several things during this movie. I hope Will face Skylor seriously.
Risaaa

Postby Mohammadu » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Will didn't have a family when he was a child; he was an orphan because his parents that were supposed to love him most abandoned him. That is why it's hard for him to trust people, and make new relationships. Will worked as a simple janitor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In addition, professor Gerald Lambeau challenged the students to solve a problem he had posted. However, Will solves the problem anonymously, and when Lambeau knew about it, he introduced will to Sean Maguire to help him solve his personal problems, and because the court demanded that he had to see a psychiatrist. I have seen Good will Hunting before, and I must say that this is my favorite drama movie, because Will is such a complex character in which he struggles with a troubled past. However, Will overcomes his struggles and becomes confident about himself in the end.
Mohammadu

Postby Changkyu » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Will, who spend his lifetime with his friends and working at Mit as a janitor. But he is a genious. He sloved a math problem as a piece of cake. Professor Lambeau start to seek Will. And Will got crush on Skylar who student in Harvard. Lambeau wants to make him a mathmaticia. However Will is rebellious.

So Lambeau decied to ask to Sean who was a friend at college to manage Will. Will can not open his mind to Sklar and Sean. Because he didn't have any family he was abandoned from daily. He grow up as orphan. But he tries to open his mind gradually.
Changkyu

Postby Basileo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Will had a rough past, he was an orphan and his foster father treated him in a very bad way. His life was lonely and he only had his friends by his side, until he met Skylar. When he was taken to Sean in the beginning he didn't like it but after a couple of times going there he founded a connection between him and Sean. When they started talking both of them helped each other.

I really enjoyed and loved this movie and it was my first time watching it and I think I will watch it again and again. What I liked about this movie also that it was well shot and the chemistry between the actors was fantastic. And the way they all talked in the New Yorkers accident fluently was amazing.
Basileo

Postby Saud97 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Questions
1-What is Will's background?
2-How does he become acquainted with Prof. Gerald Lambeau and Sean Maguire?
3-How do Will and Sean Maguire help each other?
4-Write a summary/opinion of GOOD WILL HUNTING.

Answers
1- A janitor at M.I.T. and has a gift for mathematics, He can solve chemical formulas, but he needs help from a psychologist to find direction in his life and that psychologist helped him change his life.

2- Professor Lambeau sees Will writing the answer to a problem on the chalkboard, but Will runs away before they can talk. Lambeau soon discovers many disturbing things about Will, including the fact that he is stuck in jail for having just physically attacked someone who had beaten him up many years earlier. Lambeau arranges with a judge to keep Will out of jail, as long as Will agrees to work on mathematical problems and to get psychological help. Will agrees to these conditions.

3- Will helps Sean Maguire fix himself and see the loneliness that threatens to consume and paralyze the psychologist. Sean Maguire helps Will's defense mechanisms. When Will opens up to Sean. Sean knows why he always runs away from his emotions.

4- Will Hunting has a fight with his bully who has been tormenting him long enough until Will hits him physically. A police officer wanted to break them up, but Will hits the officer and gets himself in court and eventually in jail. Professor Gerald Lambeau puts a problem for his graduate students. One day out of the blue, Will comes and fix the problem. When Professor Gerald Lambeau knew that Will is in jail. He talked with a judge and offer Will freedom and that he do his math problems. He also calls Sean Maguire, his old college roommate, and Sean agrees to help misguided Will Hunting. Surprisingly Will helps Sean move on with his life. After Sean's lost his wife.
Saud97

Postby Foton » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:16 pm

I like the movie and I enjoyed it.

Will Hunting did not have a family, he was a orphan and it was a difficult time to him, but he had a good friends that were very closed to him. And Will was very smart guy that made the professor surprised because he solve a very difficult problem on the blackboard, the professor was shocked when he knows that Will was this smart guy. So he started to help him and he made him neet his friend Sean Maguire help him. In this moment, Will's life has been charged.
Foton

Postby mjonmovie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

What is Will's background?
-Will is a 20 years old guy who worked for MIT as a floor cleaner. He was born as an orphan, and he is very violent as he has been to court because of fights. He lives in poor house, and all his friends are workers like him. However, he has a brilliant brain as he can solve conundrums that even Prof. Gerald Lambeau is hard to do.

How does he become acquainted with Prof. Gerald Lambeau and Sean Maguire?
In MIT, Prof. Gerald Lambeau posted a difficult problem as his graduate students. Will, who was cleaning floor, saw that accidentally, and solved it anonymously. As a challenge to the unknown genius, Lambeau posted even more difficult problem. While Will was solving that, Lambeau noticed that the genius was Will; however Will fled because of fear that he could lose his job which is his sole income. But soon, Will was put on a trial because of fight, and Lambeau helped him with a condition that Will study mathematics under Lambeau's supervision. Will agreed with that and studied with him, showing amazing mathematical ability, but Lambeau thought that Will needed a psychological therapy. Being desperate because of Will's continuous refusal to therapists, Lambeau introduced Dr. Sean Maguire to Will as a last hope.
mjonmovie

Postby AlaaAlansari » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 pm

Will had no family. He was alone. He was a genius who is studying advanced maths. He had a photographic memory, and he could solve complicated scientific problems.
AlaaAlansari

Next

Return to Movie Reports