NIM'S ISLAND

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: NIM'S ISLAND

Postby Hannah » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:44 am

1. Nim is 9 years-old little girl. She live in the small island with her Daddy who she loves: she has no mom, so her daddy and Nim are the special relation each other. Daddy is daddy to her, and he is also mom and a friend to her. There are no people in this small island, so she doesn't go school. All of her learning is from nature and her animal friends. She lives super happy life.

2. Alex Rover is a hero from the novel that Nim reads, Nim is confused between the reality and imagination from that novel.

3. I like to live in that small island that has beautiful nature, if I am with all of my family.
Living in the city is so tiring and busy, there is no time to think and reflect me.

4. This movie inspired me about the living in the nature and the relation between Nim and her Daddy moved me. I still remember Nim's eyes that misses and waits her Daddy.
Nice movie!!
Hannah

Postby AlaaAlansari » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 pm

The movie uses a lot of imagination which is cool. Nim loves her routine in the island and she loves to read a lot. She was reading the superhero's book whose name was Alex Rover. Alex Rover is an imaginary character in Alexandra's life and book. Alexandra is the writer of Alex Rover book. Nim wanted to meet the superhero Alex Rover, especially when she got in trouble when her dad disappeared for few days. She needed help from the superhero. she was trying to contact him via email, but she didn't know that Alexandra was the one who texted her all the time. And finally she met her superhero who was actually Alexandra. But Alexandra couldn't help Nim to find her dad, because he came by himself.
Last edited by AlaaAlansari on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlaaAlansari

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:46 pm

1. Nim is a small girl who loves ina island isolated from the outside world and only gets in touch with outside world in the internet and she lives with her scientists dad. She does not go to school and is alone in the island and she plays with her animal friends.

2. Alex Rover is a fictional character who is an exploerer and hero a book bought to her by her dad and written by alexandria rover.

3. Living in an island would be refreshing and fun. To be one with nature and enjoy all of the beautiful animals and views.

4. Nims island was a good movie to watch with the family. It shows how it's like to enjoy nature at its finest and how to conquer your fear. This movie really makes you think on how mankind is destorying it.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby dongyunh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Hello, my name is Donyun Ham (Dana)

1. Nim is a little girl who likes nature, their secret island, and animals. She lives in an isolated islaned that people don't knnow with only her father. She always learned about world from her books and father, who is scientist. She used to read a book, named Alex Royer, and really wants to protect their own lovely island from other people.

2. Alex Rover is a exploer who is a charecter of Nim's faovorite book. He is not a real human and he came from author's imagination.

3. If I lived in a small island sine when I wans born, I think I will like it, because Nim's island seems like my fantasy that I dreamed when I was young. But, I was born at city. So honestly, I can't withstand boring life. There is nobody except me and my father, that situation makes me lonely. Humans need to make relationship with othe people in society.

4. This movie reminds me a childlike imagination and stimulates me to run away from busy life. In movie, Nim's island looks to peaceful place and there're no any competitons, so I can relax through this movie.
dongyunh

Previous

Return to Movie Reports