[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE NOTEBOOK

THE NOTEBOOK

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE NOTEBOOK

Postby maikuu » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:58 pm

ElderCouple.jpg
ElderCouple.jpg (28.12 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

Elder Allie (Gena Rowlands) and Noah (James Garner)
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE NOTEBOOK

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 pm

1. They meet at a kind of amusement park for the first time. When Noah sees her, he falls in love with her at first sight. On the other hand, Allie does not feel something special to me. However, as Noah shows his affection to her, she gradually get[s] to understand how much he loves her. She comes to realize how attractive he is.

2. Because he is Noah. He wants Allie to remember himself and their story of the past. His family tells him to give up trying for her to recall her memory with him, but he does not abandon his dream. We can see how much he still loves her from this scene.

3.Yes. I agree with her. This is because it is true love!! Although she has decided to get married with a fiance, she remember what her life with Noah was like before she goes to NY. It means that she really loves him still now. So, I think it is better for her to choose Noah. Her fiance will be quite sad though.

4. I really like this movie. I do not often watch this kind of romance movie. But this is one of the best romance movies that I have watched before. They love each other so much when they were younger. Even though they have to be separated by Allie's parents, they are together again finally. In the end, they die together. Through this movie, i learned what the true love is!!!!!!!

Teacher's note: Thank you so much, Erika, for being the first to comment on "The Notebook" which stars Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, Gena Rowlands, and James Garner (in his last starring role in a feature film). As this author points out, this classic speaks to both the young and the old about the treasures of everlasting love, something we all hope for.

I especially like how she points out that someone will be disappointed by Allie's choice. And that someone is Lon Hamilton. I like how the movie makes him out to be a very attractive guy, but he's not the one Allie truly loves. :roll:

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Risaaa » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:30 pm

1, Noah and Allie met in Amusement park at first time. Noah fall in love with her at first sight, but she was not interested in him. One night, they went to watch movie. After watching movie, they talked a lot. He laid on road. She said it is stupid. However, He said "rely on me." Then, she also fall in love.

2, He read a book because he wanted her to remember their memory. As they get old, it is natural to forget memory little by little. But he wished he could share feeling of love with Allie.

3,I agree her choice. She finally decided to live with Noah. She always thought about him even she married Lon. We should marry a person whom we really love.

The notebook is awesome. I cried many times actually. I don't like romantic movie, but it was really good. Best scene for me is when she remember about Noah. If I have an opotunity, I want to watch this one more time.
Risaaa

Postby lu0102 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Noah fell in love with Allie at first sight. He wanted to attract Allie to go out for a romance date. But Allie didn’t like Noah in consequence of his crazy expressing on the ferris wheel and tried to stop him. But Noah forced Allie to agree with the date or else he would kill himself. Then few days later they went to movie. Allie changed her mind at that night. After watching the movie, they walked along the road, and they danced, they lay on the ground. He gives her sense of freedom. They fell in love.

When Allie is old, she is sick so that she couldn’t remember anything about her family and lover even though something about herself. Duke who is Noah actually try to wake up elder Allie’s memory, he wrote down their love story and read to her.

I really agree with Allie. We should have the courage to follow the heart and love.

THE NOTE BOOK is one of my favorite movies. As in the movie, “In your life, there will at least one time that you forget yourself for someone, asking for no result, no company, no ownership nor love. Just for meeting you in my beautiful years. ‘ The love beyond the secular vision can be the most beautiful thing in life. True love gives people freedom and miracles.
lu0102

Postby araljudaya » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:38 pm

1- Noah loved Allie at the first sight, but she did not love him, so he was trying to go out with her, but she was trying also to avoid him as much as she can. then, Allie said yes after Noah said, " I will kill my self if you do not go out with me". They went to the theater together. After that, Allie loved Noah when she understand how much he loves her.

2-When Allie got old, she lost her memory, so he read the story because he wanted to refresh her memory to remember their great story of love, and he wanted to spend every second of his life with her.

3- Yes, I totally agree with Allie's choice. She knew how her mother's life is when she made a wrong decision by choosing to live with Allie's father because he has a lot of money, but she did not love him, so Allie did not want to choose a same wrong choice again.

4- THE NOTEBOOK is one of the most interesting romantic movies that I ever seen. until the last moments of the movie, we do not know what will happen. A great romantic movie needs a perfect scenario and beautiful end. the final scenes shows why Allie's choice was correct.

sincerely,
araljudaya

Postby Yunlin Yang » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Hello,this is Yunlin

1, how do they fall in love: When Noah saw Allie at first time,He fall in love with her,and invite her to have a date. Allie did not promise him at that time. Subsequently, he showed many things that Allie did not know ,but Allie was interested in that. Such as they laid on the street and danced on the street .So,they fall in love.

2, why does Duke read to elder Allie:The elder Allie was sick,She just can remember something few minutes,after that,she forgot everything. Duke read the notebook to help her remember who is he, who is herself and their love.

3, I agree with Allie's choice, because if she had married with another one,the another one wouldn't have done something when she became elder and couldn't remember everything. She and Duke are ture love.

4, I really like this movie,First reason is it is not as monotone as other romantic movies,it tells us more stories about them.Second,It is a surprise movie, at beginning, they don't tell us the elder women and the elder man are Allie and Duke.Moreover, the ending is very amazing. Lastly, I like the music and frames of this movie!
Yunlin Yang

Postby sei » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Noah fell in love to Allie first and he kept asking to going out together to Allie. Finally Allie changed her mind and they fall in love.
Because he is Noah and he wanted to let Allie remeber their story.

Actually I don't like romantic movies but the story is really touching. I also surprised because I heard that this is based on the real story. This movie made me to believe love can do anything.
sei

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Hello this is Ahmad,

1. He met her in the amusement park and it was love at first sight. At first she didnt want to go out with him but he kept asking and even threatend to fall off the wheel ride just so he can go out with her.

2. He reads to her because shes sick and have memory loss and he hopes to revive her memory by reading her the story of their love life.

3. Yeah i agree with her choice because they were meant for each other from the beginning.

4. I am not a fan of romance genre but this movie has to be one of the best. It has all you could ever ask for romance and drama.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby Sujin72 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:21 pm

1. Allie and Noah first met at an amusement park. Noah fell in love with Allie as soon as he saw her. He approached and asked her out on a date without hesitation, but she answered that she doesn’t want. In spite of her response, he didn’t give up and tried again and again. Before Allie met him, she had not experienced a lot of things. However, she felt happy by spending time with him. Finally, she also fell in love with Noah pretty soon.

2. When Allie and Noah get older, Allie has got dementia. She doesn’t have a lot of memories, she doesn’t realize who she was and she doesn’t recognize Noah. However, Noah always wants to stay with her even if she doesn’t know him. Thus, Noah doesn’t disclose who he is and introduces himself as Duke to her. He reads the notebook written about their love story to her because he believes that it helps her call to remembrance and he hopes that she returns to herself.

3. When Allie had to choose between Noah and Lon who was engaged to be married, she ran to Noah. I completely agree with Allie’s choice. It is not only for Noah. She grew up under her parents’ expectation and control, so she thought of what parents want and what people expect from her before knowing what she really wants and doesn’t want. However, I think that it is the choice only by herself. Even if she underwent inner conflict, she could listen to her heart what she wants and what she needs and she could choose Noah.

4. THE NOTEBOOK is a movie about a beautiful love story, and it makes us think of what eternal love is.
Sujin72

Postby Hannah » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:12 pm

1. They met at the amusement park for the first time. Duke fell in love at a first eye. But Alli is not interested in Duke,she avoided him. One day they met on the street, Duke had an interesting experiment that lay down in the middle of the street. Alli followed Duke, by this happening they built trust each other. Duke was a romantic guy that read poem every nights, Alli is innocent like a child. Their love was so hot like a summer day.

2.Alli forgot lots of her memories by illness, Duke tried to make her remember memories. The book that Duke read was the diary of Alli, most of contents is about their love. It was very beautiful love story.

3. Before watching the end, I imagined that Alli choose Lon and merry Lon. It is more realistic. And I imagined that Alli and Noah meet again after Alli got illness. That story is more dramatic, I think.

Thank you for this beautiful movie. I still remember their lovely scene in this movie.
Hannah

Next

Return to Movie Reports