THE NOTEBOOK

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: THE NOTEBOOK

Postby Basileo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 pm

They fell in love by spending so many time together and they called it summer love. Duke reads for Allie so she can remember, because she lost her memory. Sometimes when he reads to her she will remember some of what happened in the past. Allie did the right thing because she followed her hart and went with the one who she loved. I thought this movie was amazing it showed true love and how they handled there break up, and how he wrote 365 letters for her because he really loved her. They used to fight a lot but thats one of the things they love in each other.
Basileo

Postby Blair1122 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:48 pm

1. They fall in love when they were young. During Allie’s vacation, she visited her family’s vacation home. At there, she met Noah, who is working at carpenter’s shop. Noah fall in love with Allie at first sight. accidentally, they met at movie theater, and then they had a chance to have conversation as they walked at quiet, romantic night. From that night, they started to love each other irresistibly.

2.Because the book which duke read to elder Allie is a book about their love story, written by Allie .
Duke wanted Allie to awake her old memories through the book.

3.Yes, I do. Life is short. I think we should live and spend our life with somebody we love.
Their love was perfect, precious, and hot. I hope my love also could be fabulous like that.

4.I saw “The notebook”, over ten times. It gives me beautiful inspirations to be a person as lover of somebody. Full marks to this movie for amazing story, image, and music!
Blair1122

Postby Ariel » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:54 pm

This is Ayaka.

Noah fall in love with Allie when he saw her for the first time in amusement park. He tried to go out with her passionately. She was forced to go out and went out. Steadily, she began to like Noah. However, she had to leave there because of her family. Noah mailed her a letter per a day for a year but her mother hiden the letters. Their love were broken. As a resault, Allie married another man who is handsome and good businessman. On the other hand, Noah still loves Allie and rebuilt a old house to a gorgeous house for her. Allie found it by a newspaper. She visited him and finally they got together again.

I was touched by Noah's true love and effort not to give up. I learned old culture and rules of rich family. I enjoyed a lot.
Ariel

Postby dongyunh » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 am

Hi professor, I'm Dongyun Ham (Dana)
I'm going to reply about your questions.
1. They met in theme park and Noah falled in love with Allie when he saw her at the first time. Allie came from city to enjoyed her vacation and Noah was country guy who was born at that town.

2. Allie suffered from illness, so she can't recognize her family and even her husband, Noah. So, Duke wants her to remeber him and their family by hearing their love story.

3. I'm a very practical woman....I'm not sure that I can choose like Allie, if I were her. But, I want to cheer upr and respect their love and choice.

4. This movie is very famous, so I already known about this movie. But I heard that this movie's ending is so sad that I tried to avoid it. Even though Allie had opportunity to married rich man and lived in wealthy life, she chose the love. Through this movie we can see the power of real love.
dongyunh

Postby AlaaAlansari » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:05 am

This movie draws a perfect picture of love. It shows how love can resist many difficult circumstances and hard time. I liked how when Lon Hammond respect Allie's feelings when she told him that she still loves Noah. What makes the movie very emotional and romantic that when he was keeping send her letters for a year after they moved out.And how he loved her even when she had Alzheimer's and she didn't remember anything. It was a wonderful movie.
AlaaAlansari

Postby aisha13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 pm

the movie was so emotional and full of romance and breath taking scenes that made me want to see what will happen more. i liked the under rain scene and the special effects of it and the fake rain too. the story and the plot were good enough and the actors played their roles very well they made me think like if they were a real lovers not just an actors who are filming a movie.
aisha13

Previous

Return to Movie Reports