[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Postby maikuu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:33 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Postby aisha13 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm

The movie is kind of extraordinary. The transform scene was so good. It also showed the prediction of how the 21th century will be like. The special effects were so accurate except the touch down scene there was a fualt and also there wasn't enough conversations in the movie there was so much music and noises but other wise the movie and the special effects were good enough!
Last edited by aisha13 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aisha13

Postby Basileo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:46 pm

I like this small sequence of the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, I think I must watch the full movie so I can judge if in a fair way. I think it was not that accurate production of the future but it is an old movie so they did what they were thinking. I loved the special effects in this move dispute the fact that it is old, but if you want to compare it with the CGI today without a doubt the CGI is more realistic. It was well shot and I like the opening scene of the apes and the watering hole and how they started using tools and how they get more smarter.
Basileo

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:49 pm

1. The movie didn't really have the right predictions for the 21st century. But they were creative and I would have thought the same thing if I was born in that time.

2. In my opinion the CGI effects were amazing especially since it was made in the 1960s. Yes it wasn't perfectly done and compared to what our CGI effects are today it wasn't that bad. The spaceship scene is my favorite because it's surprisingly good even though they made that scene with CGI technology made in the 1960s.

3. In summary I liked the Earth to Moon sequence, I was impressed by the CGI effects. I liked the creativity they had and the imagination they put into that movie to portray how the 21st century would look like.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby Risaaa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:53 pm

It is obviously different between now and movie's 21century. To travel space is usual in movie, but it is not now.
I felt this movie shows imaginary world. Actually, I could not understand all of it. It is kind of weird. I really do not know what is end of movie. I want to watch it more to understand this story well.
Risaaa

Postby sei » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Some details of the movie such as food of space are a little bit different from now. However, it is amazing that the director's imaginations are almost there even before human being landed that moon.

The skill of special effects of this movie is awesome. I cannot feel any ridiculous things caused by the lack of the skill. People may ve anle to believe that this was made in 21C.

Floyd is a doctor and he goes to the moon to solve the mystery of the black column. While he is haeding to the moon, the movie shows us how space looks like and what is happening in the space. I don't know what the black column actually is. However I guess it affects to the story a lot.
sei

Postby araljudaya » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 pm

- At the beginning, when I knew that the movie was produced at 1968, I predicted that the pictures and the acting will be like old movies, but it was wonderful.
I believe that the movie predicts the future, in general, accurately. We will find some mistakes or something different than what we have now, but I think it's great especially when we know it was in 1968. In addition, the special effects were terrific even when we see it in a new movie. All in all, the movie was wonderful except some background sounds and music.

Thank you,
Ahmed Aljudaya
araljudaya

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:01 pm

3. Honestly, I could not really understand what is going on in this movie. This movie starts with the scene that apes hit something black many times. It was impressive for me because I didn't expect the beginning of the movie was such a shocking scene. Background music is effective to express and emphasize scenes. In particular, when people arrive at the moon in order to research, BGM is like people's voices. It sounds strange. I think by using wired sounds like human's voices, the atmosphere of the moon is expressed. Also, the theme of this movie is unrealistic but the movie looks real because of CGI.
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Sulttn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:03 pm

It's unusual movie and story .
It's not accurate but the way they were acting was fantastic. There are some things that cannot understand it such as the starship when they were arriving at the station there was dust at the station cause of the starship ( on the air ) ,also when they served the drinks on the small boxes and who did they can use the restroom, Stanley was behind the restroom and their was a small signal written on it "zero gravity " what does the mean !?
The movie looks too old cause of the stuff they were using it in the movie.
I don't know why the gorillas were attacking the other one on the beginning.
I felt excited to see what happened after the annoying voice that came and the soon the raised and to see what happened to them .
Sulttn

Postby Sujin72 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Actually, the modern scientific technology has advanced for a long time. So, the future showed by this movie is not similar to our present and seems to not enough. Also, there are many movies dealing with the Space recently. I think today's CGI effects are much higher than the special effects in this movie because I feel that I am in the Space during watching today's movies about the Space. However, it is excellent trying to describe the Space considering the year that the movie made.
Sujin72

Next

Return to Movie Reports