2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Postby Yunlin Yang » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm

1, 2001: A Space Odyssey predicts many amazing things about traveling on the moon. People can take a special airplane to the moon. There are many things you can do when you are in this airplane, such as eating, calling your family, and having a meeting. Thre are also waitress for travelers, professors and astronauts. Most of those predictions are achieved tody.

2,I don't know about CGI so much, I just know it's about computers. The computer technologies in this movie are amazing. Such as a special machine can record people's voice, when people say their names and destinations clearly, the machine will know who you are. Maybe we don't have this computer technology today, I am not sure...

3. About this movie, actually I don't really understand what it say, I like the music though. My favorite sequence is the waitress walks in the airplane, she is very carefully, moreover, she can walk any ways, she doesn't fall. And when the pen flies, she catches it. It shows us there is no gravity on the moon. I am interested in that.
Yunlin Yang

Postby JOY » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm

In the movie, they imagined the future little bit weird. There is no gravity and just walk upside down anyway. So what are they expected things were wrong. We cannot travel in the space. But that is interesting imagine to me. They eat their meals liquidity. When the woman served the meal, she walked the wall. It was interesting. And the video calling is real in now. It's accurate thing.
The movie starts with monkeys fighting. They started using weapons and kill each other for their greetings. And then, movie skipped into future. The space station has voice printing program. That is good to check the people who they are.
JOY

Postby Hannah » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 pm

I can't believe that this movie made in 1960s. At that period, human didn't arrive to the moon yet.
Therefore, the imagination of the director is amazing.

I know that this movie was made without CG. The scene of this movie has static and long-distant shot,
these effects make us feel as we are in the space.

I can't understand all of the story and intention of the creator,
but it is very imaginary and unique.
Hannah

Postby dongyunh » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 pm

1. In the movie, it looks common to travel to space, people can choose their destination like moon, contact with family who lives in earth, and the relation between America and Russia is better than 1960s. However, most of these scenes are not correct. Only specific people can go to space and there are so many regulations. Traveling to space is not easy even in 2016. Yet, description of eating food in spaceship is almost accurate.

2. CGI effects in this movie are pretty great than I thought. Of course, in some scenes background and motions of people are awkward when I compare with today's technology.

3. I enjoyed to watching this kind of scientific movie like "interstellar". So this movie also attracts me and moviemaker's imagination is awesome, even though they couldn't have enough skills and informations at that time.
dongyunh

Postby lu0102 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Most of the things in the movie happened now. It seems like we can make a phone call wherever we are.

The director's imagine was so incredible. Comparing with today's CGI, the movie can be a wonderful predict. It's like a poem for the future.

Watching this movie is a different experience. The time is limited for us to know all the secrets of the space. But the desires of discovery are always burning.
Last edited by lu0102 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lu0102

Postby maggieb0404 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

I enjoy watching this movie which is Earth-to-Moon sequence of 2001: A SPACE OOYSSEY. To honestly, it isn't accurate to today's reality, but I am sure that it will be the future of now. I don't know when will it achieve, but may be someday soon. This movie used the special effects. In my opinion, it was good in 2001, but of course it can not be compare with today's CGI effects. Today's CGI effects is very advanced, so they can not be compare. If someday the space ooyssey achieve, I really want to try to take it. I think it must be very exciting.
maggieb0404

Postby Doaa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Millions of years later, a space plane carried dr. Floyd to a space station to United States outpost on the moon.
After a video call with her daughter, Floyd's met scientist Russian friends. They asked him about rumors of a mysterious epidemic,but Floyd declines to answer. He was apologizing for the epidemic cover story. Then, he went to the meeting. After that ,Floyd and others ride in a Moonbus to the artifact. It was fiction movie.I think that movie could be improve with more details.
Doaa

Postby Ariel » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:38 pm

1. They protected well although they did not know there is no gravity in space.

4. I could imagine how the producers made this movie for some scenes. It was good to stand on the side of producers and guess how they took this movie. However, it was hard to catch story there. If people have business meeting in space someday, it will be interesting.
Ariel

Postby amroalsanousi » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

I was surprised when i knew the movie was published in 1968 .

The movie has a great imagine. but there are some mistakes,like the dust in the moon

Also I liked the scene which was in the airplane and how the life it goes in spaces.
amroalsanousi

Postby Hajraf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:12 am

The film was good but I did not like to imagine the film director because he has great imagination and his imagination was too broad
Hajraf

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports