TRAINING DAY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: TRAINING DAY

Postby K.kurdi » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:28 pm

1. Alonzo has a personal Problem when he went to Las Vegas. He committed a crime by killing the Russian man, so the Russian gangs ask him to pay a large amount of money in order to clean up the situation.

2. At the beginning, he thought that Alonzo is an expert and the smart police officer who try to observe the laws, so he will help him in his first training day.

3. Jack was confused and worried because of Alonzo's behaviors when he had broken the laws without reasonable grounds answers. Then Jack noticed that Alonzo was handling a personal deal and treating him in a bad way. He gets angry about Alonzo and he wants to take him to the Police office.

4. I like the story, it describes the challenge between the good and bad faith of individuals. What is the best to do at work? Working honestly or looking for personal gaining. I believe that if the individuals work faithfully they will have a happy life. Most of the individuals who cheating at work have a lack of self-confidence and they look weak.
K.kurdi

Postby sei » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:40 pm

What is Alonzo's problem?
Alonzo is a rotten cop. He needed money to give to Russian gangsters so he got money illegally.

What is Jake's first impression of Alonzo?
Jake thought Alonzo is a good cop at first.

How does the relationship between Alonzo and Jake change?
At first Jake believed that Alonzo is a good cop. So he tried to follow him but Alonzo kept asking strange actions to Jake. Finally Alonzo asked Jake to kill a drug dealer to get money. Alonzo tried to kill Jake after that Jake realized that Alonzo is a criminal. And Jake tried to catch him.

Write a setup/opinion of TRAINING DAY.
In my opinion, the point of this movie is that we are also confused about Alonzo because we are in the view of Jake. I was also confused so much until the movie ended. Because as Jake did, I got good impression of Alonzo at the first, so it was hard to cast doubt him. however, I recalled the whole movie after the movie was over, I could notice that he was a bad guy from the beginning.

teacher's note: IMHO this author's impression of Alonzo's truth is exactly as the film makers want us to experience, which is a big part of what makes "Training Day" such a brilliant film and Denzel Washington's character building so worthy of an Academy Oscar for best actor. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sei

Postby Blair1122 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:16 pm

1.Alonzo was in bad situation to give amount of money to Russian to get out of criminal suspect. And the personality of Alonzo is not good enough to be a examplary cop.

2. When jake first saw Alonzo, he thought Alonzo is a examplary boss. As time gies by Jake realized that Alonzo has many problems which is illegal.

3. It seemed quite good, first time. Because they had trust each other. But thing was changed. Jake finally knew who real Alonzo is, consequently they walked each path.

4. It was interesting story. But for me the movie was little violent.
Blair1122

Postby Sulttn » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 am

Alonzo was a bad guy such as a gongs guy،he did bad things to Jake such as let him smoked the drugs,Alonzo killed people easily, also he had a problem with Russian people(Russian gangs) he had to give him money.

Jake was a good guy but he unlucky because he got stuck with a bad man (Alonzo) he thought that Alonzo is a strong man and a smart man, he was trying to do a good job with him but he discover that Alonzo is a bad guy.

The relationship between them was not good in the beginning Jake was trying to do a good job in his first day of his new job,Alonzo thought that Jake is a poor man and he will not stop him to continue the bad thing that he doing.

Jake found that Alonzo will still money to give the Russian gangs, he gave up watching him killing people and stilling money. Jake stop him and he might get killed by Alonzo Jake took the money, As we know that Alonzo get killed by the Russian gangs as all the bad people end.

This an interesting movie that shows the bad people attitude and what the are doing with people.I really recommended this movie as a nice story nice acrtres. Thank you for this movie.
Sulttn

Postby Hannah » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 am

1. Alonzo is a police officer of LAPD, but his bahavior is not like a police officer.
At first, I thought that Most American police officer might be strong appearance and behavior like Alonzo, but I founde i that he is not appropriate police officer by his doing.
He is related to the group of criminals and sometimes cooperate with them for getting money.
He is a type of bad cop.

2. Jake tries to believe and follow Alonzo, because he is trained by Alonzo.
Under this situation, Jake can't help to follow him and respect him.

3. Jake is smart enough to recognize Alonzo's real face, so he doesn't admit him as a police officer.
Jake begins to do as he believe to be right.

4. It is tough, but good movie. I like the good acting of great actor, Denzel Washington.
Hannah

Previous

Return to Movie Reports