[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - TRAINING DAY

TRAINING DAY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

TRAINING DAY

Postby maikuu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:41 pm

JakeAlonzo2.jpg
Jake & Alonzo
JakeAlonzo2.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: TRAINING DAY

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:58 pm

1. In the despite of the fact that he is a LAPD Narcotics Officer, he does not behave properly. For example, he suggests Jake to smoke a drug which they takes from some men. Besides, when they go to a woman's house, he steals her stuffs and they come in her house without warrant.

2. Alonzo is Jake's boss. So, when Alonzo calls him, he seems to be nervous. They meet for the first time in a cafe. Jake is surprised to talk with him because he does not talk as officers usually do. I think even though Jake may not think that Alonzo is worth respecting, he seems that Alonzo is good boss.

3. At first, Jake does not feel bad to Alonzo although Alonzo is not sometimes like a officer. However, as the story goes, Jake guradually starts to feel distrust because he sees Alonzo doing something evil many times.

4. I do not watch movies like this movie. Actores use slang and bad words. So although i tried to read the scrip and catch up with the story, it was hard for me to figure out what they are talking about. This movie is different from usual buddy movies in terms of the relationship between buddy. Usually the relationship gets better as the stories go. But in this movie, finally their relationship becomes worse and they tries to kill each other. That is interesting point for me.

teacher's note: I agree that "Training Day" has its share of violence and bad language. I read that it was the film maker's intention to show life as it really is in some aspect of L.A. in the 1990s. Having lived through this time and place, IMHO this film does a pretty good job of bringing the reality to film. While I wouldn't want a steady dose of this kind of movie, I think it helps us understand certain realities of life's dark side. Thanks so much to this author for being first to post and for expressing her honesty about "Training Day."

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :(
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Risaaa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:47 pm

1, Even though he is police, his action was unbelievable. It was first day for Jake to work as police, but he smoked a drug because his boss said to do so. Normal police will not suggest to smoke. In addition, when he sees person who does wrong thing, he takes their money and let them go. Police always arrest them to go jail, but he did not. He just want to money. He does not think society make better. This is Alonzo's problem.

2,3 When he met his boss first time at cafe, he seems like he rely on Alonzo. He said to boss he does anything what to do. He did not resist Alonzo and just follow Alonzo. However, finally, he thought what Alonzo did is wrong so he made decision to take action.

Actually I did not like this movie, because it is hard to see. This movie described gross scene directly. Last scene was awful. Moreover His boss, Alonzo, was really really bad guy. If I ware Jake, I change another job as soon as possible.
Risaaa

Postby Yunlin Yang » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:12 pm

1,Alonzo's problem is he is not a good policeman. He went to the Las Vegas and killed a Russian. So many Russian want to kill him unless he give[s] them a lot of money, in order to get money, he kills his friend, and steals his money. He forces Jake to help him,but at the first, Jake does not know his purpose.

2, Jake's first impression of Alonzo misunderstand, he feels this man is strange and not friendly.

3, Jake admired Alonzo when Alonzo taught something he didn't know before. But when they know Alonzo's plan, their relationship changed to be intense.

4,Tranning Day is a good movie, a good policeman and a bad policeman are a contrast. No matter how much money Jake can earn, the money can not change his personality and responsibilities.
Yunlin Yang

Postby maggieb0404 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:36 pm

1. I think Alonzo's problem is individualism. Everyone have to follow his own step.

2. I think Jake's first impression of Alonzo is he's so weird. He doesn't why Alonzo needed him to smoke the weed. He can't understand what's Alonzo thinking.

3. Relationship between Alonzo and Jake change worst. Started from Alonzo killed Dog, Jake don't agree with Alonzo. Jake thought Alonzo is not a well qualified of police. After that, Alonzo gave the money to Smiley to kill Jake, so that their relationship broke up.

4. This movie called " Training Day". It is a bold and shocking realistic gangster film, it exposed the naked when undercover police investigators must deal between black and white two, right and wrong become blurred the real situation. Alonzo detective story describes of a rookie policeman Jake Holt test, Jake must prove that they have in a day in the streets undercover investigators of ability and courage. He was involved gradually over the next twenty-four hours a clear right and wrong is not the reality of the world, and he and Alonzo to stick to their beliefs, must take their own future and life as a bet. By the way, it's a good movie.
maggieb0404

Postby lu0102 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:04 pm

1. Alonzo was a cop who was involved in a conspiracy. He always was on the edge of the law. Something he did prompted criticism from Russian.

2. Jack maybe thought Alonzo was a[n] expert who can be followed.

3. When Alonzo shot the innocent people, Jake found Alonzo had some secrets what can be scared.

4. However Alonzo did what, he was a man who I like and full of charm. Denzel Washington’s performance made the film excellent. I can’t imagine if Denzel Washington wasn’t in the movie. One topic of the movie can be how to do the right things. Alonzo made his choice what lead to his *****. Jake made the right choice to save himself and other people. We are our choices.

teacher's note: I like the idea of choice. "The Iron Giant" explores the very theme but in a very different genre context. I also like how this author points out that Alonzo's great charm is not enough to keep him out of trouble. There is a HUGE spoiler in this post which I removed so as not to ruin the enjoyment for others who've not seen this film yet. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :ugeek:
lu0102

Postby Basileo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:07 pm

I loved the movie it was well shot and the actors did awesome in it. I love the acting of Denzel Washington especially. The relationship between Jake and Alonzo was great at the beginning but through the movie Jake started to notice strange things in Alonzo's behavior and that he keeps secrets from him. Overall I think I will watch the movie again and again because it is a great movie.
Basileo

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:12 pm

1. Alonzo wasn't your regular old detective, at he begining of the movie it showed that he sees things differently. But later on it shows that he isnt really a good cop. He follows his own rules and he owes dangerous people some money.

2 and 3. At first Jake was nervous to meet Alonzo and when he met him he wasn't he guy he expected him to be. But he followed alonzos rules even if it meant breaking the law. But jakes opinion later change when he sees Alonzos dark side.

4. Who doesnt love a denzel washington movie. I watches this film three times and it was my fourth with Mike. I love this movie and I love denzel washington's acting in this movie. I always recommend this movie to anyone who didnt watch it.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby Ariel » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:32 pm

1. Alenzo commits crimes though he does his job. For example, he took drugs from street men and force Jake to smoke the drug in his car.

2. Jake respected Alenzo as a successful police. However, Jake was confused because Alenzo seemed to not be so good man.

3. First, Alenzo was a boss and Jake was under his control. However, after Jake left from the house which he was almost killed by a gang, he was going to go to Alenzo's house to catch him. Many of Alenzo's neighbors came out and surronded by Alenzo and Jake in front of Alenzo's house. Alenzo asked them to kill Jake and give them much money but nobody followed him. One of them helped Jake leave there. In this situation, Jake was totally beyond Alenzo.

4. At first, I didn' like this movie because I don't like to watch violence. However, I enjoyed watching it later. I was pumped when Jake was almost killed by the gang in the bathroom. After watching it, I wonder Jake would be a good cup later or become like Alenzo. This movie shows what justice is.

teacher's note: I always love to read student comments that describe how they didn't think they would like a movie because of the genre, and end up loving it. Thanks, author for an excellent post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted:
Ariel

Postby araljudaya » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:53 pm

1- Alonzo' problem is that he is involved in some criminals activities, so he commits crimes and he is trying to persuade Jake that he is doing well if he does like criminal's acting.

2- Jake was surprised when he met Alonzo at the first time. He was excited about the first day of training, but he founded himself with a strange rookie cop. He promised Alonzo that he will do whatever Alonzo wants, then the problems began.

3- The relationship between Alonzo and Jake changed when Jake Found out that Alonzo tricked him in order to be able to escape and to involve Jake in his troubles. Alonzo thought that he is the only smart and he can trick everyone, but he was wrong.

4- I've seen this movie forth times before, and it was amazing every time. I think it is the best movie for Denzel Washington. I hope we can watch," Flight" movie in this semester. It is also one of the best Denzel Washington movies.
araljudaya

Next

Return to Movie Reports