PREMIUM RUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: PREMIUM RUSH

Postby maggieb0404 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 am

1. PREMIUM RUSH means very fast courier.
2. The envelope for Sister Chen is so important because her son need that to come to U.S..
3. Advantages of being a bicycle messenger is so exciting. However, disadvantage of being bicycle messenger is so dangerous because it needs very fast. You have to be a good riders as well.
4. It was a very exciting movie for me. Honestly, I am not good at ride a bicycle. I know how to ride it, but I can't ride it very fast because I would be scared for that. Anyways, the rider is very good at ride in the movie. Also, I think he is very intelligent because he can remember the map where he needs to go.
maggieb0404

Postby maggieb0404 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:53 am

1. PREMIUM RUSH means very fast courier.
2. The envelope for Sister Chen is so important because her son need that to come to U.S..
3. Advantages of being a bicycle messenger is so exciting. However, disadvantage of being bicycle messenger is so dangerous because it needs very fast. You have to be a good riders as well.
4. It was a very exciting movie for me. Honestly, I am not good at ride a bicycle. I know how to ride it, but I can't ride it very fast because I would be scared for that. Anyways, the rider is very good at ride in the movie. Also, I think he is very intelligent because he can remember the map where he needs to go.
maggieb0404

Postby moritzthierer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:23 pm

1. Premium in this context means fast, high qualitiy delivery

2. Contains a recipe for the money Nima payed to get her son to the US

3. Adv.: Noone can tell u what to do, constant activity, not having to sit in an office
Disadv.: Highly dangerous, possibly lethal

4. Good movie with solid perfomances by Joseph Gordon Levitt and Michael Shannon. Rest of the cast is mostly forgettable and one-dimensional.
Overall plot isn't too thrilling but is pulled of relatively convincing. Bike to Car and Bike to Bike races are the best executed scenes in this movie- therefore best part of the movie.
moritzthierer

Postby Yunlin Yang » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:23 pm

1: Premium Rush means very fast and get the money

2:The envelope is from Nima who is a Chinese mother, she wants her son lives with her in America, but she wrote some essay that had some problems, so the Chinese government didn't allow her son follow her. Therefore, she gives money to sister Chen, sister Chen uses an illegal way for taking people to America,which is by taking boat. the ticket of the boat is in the envelope.

3.For them,the advantages of being a bicycle messenger is a good thing, because they like doing it. And they enjoy the speed and free. But the disvantages are it's very dangerous, and it effects other people driving on the road.

4, I like this movie , because it tells us to do something you want to do, and do something that is right.
Yunlin Yang

Postby K.kurdi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:35 am

1.In this movie premium rush means quick delivered shipping by a professional person, so people can trust the shipping office.

2.Because it contains the receipt that grantee sister Nima's had paid to let her son cross the border gate without investigation.

3. The advantage of being a bicycle messenger are:

a.You will be healthy and fit person because you are practicing a physical effort.
b. It can develop the person's skills, such as analyzing in a critical way and come up with quick alternative solutions.
c. It creates exciting while the biker challenging time, traffic congestion and his or her co-workers.

The drawbacks of being a bicycle messenger are:

a.The biker facing a massive amount of dangerous situations that may cause death.
b. If the item is not delivered to the receiver, you will lose your reputation, so people will not trust you any more.
C. Sometimes the fee has not made since, despite the risk that you took.

4.I Like the idea of being diligent to achieve what you are good at. In addition, helping people to get their messages quickly through an exciting adventure.
K.kurdi

Postby sei » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:47 pm

The evelope will let Nima's son come to America and meet her.

It would be quite dangerous because a bicycle messenger has to be still faster than others and in NY, there are lots of cars and people which is bad for being speedy. But if somebody likes riding bicycle and enjoy that kinds of thrill, it would be good.

In my opinion, this is a good movie because I could feel the same thrill and speed as if I am riding a bicycle in NY. Also [the] story didn't go smoothly. They ran away from cops to deliver the envelope. And the last scene, their friends gathered and helped the guy, it was pretty touching for me.

teacher's note: Thanks author for weighing in. Glad you like "Premium Rush". I may have already mentioned that I first saw this film on a flight from the U.S. to China on a tiny screen with lots of background noise, hard to hear anything. But something told me that this would be perfect for ESL. I think your comment and the others validate this notion. Thanks so much!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sei

Previous

Return to Movie Reports