[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ENCHANTED

ENCHANTED

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ENCHANTED

Postby maikuu » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Amy Adams as Giselle and Patrick Dempsey as Robert
Attachments
GiselleRobert.jpg
GiselleRobert.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ENCHANTED

Postby moritzthierer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm

1. Giselle arrives in New York through a fountain in Andalasia that leads to a sewer on Times Square.

2. He helps her because Giselle seems utterly helpless.

3. She discovers that true love is about more than just the infatuation on first sight.

4. I did like the movie especially the way the classic fairy tale tropes got incorporated into the real life story. The CGI is also surprisingly advanced. Amy Adams was very convincing as the out of place, helpless damsel. Though I feel it a waste of Idina Menzel as they didn't let her sing.
moritzthierer

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

1. She was sent by edwards step mother so she doesnt marry him.

2. He saw her all alone and he felt bad for her and then he fell in love with her.

3. She discovers that true love isnt what it really is in our world and that its just a fantasy atleast thats what robert tells her until she falls for him.

4. I likes this movie even though it wasnt my type of movie it was still entertaining enough for me to enjoy it. I also liked how it was also comedy.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby Ariel » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:14 pm

1. The Queen Larissa, who is stepmother of Edward, drop her off into a fall and sent her to a manhole in New York City.

2. Because he thought Giselle could not survive in New York without any help at first. However, he started falling love with her and wanted to help her.

3. She discovered the true love with Robert. At first, she didn't know what the true love in the real world is but she learned how to love a man as she spent time with Robert. He took care of her and taught her the real world.

4. "Enchanted" reminds people in the real world of dreaming. The people in the real world tend to focus on the reality. However, we sometimes need to dream and try to make it come true.
Ariel

Postby sei » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Before she came to NY, she is waiting for Edward. But it was because Edward is the prince, not she loved Edward as a person. However, after she came to NY, met Robert and realized the reality, she fell in love to Robert even he is not a prince.

I also want to say about prince Edwardcs ending with Nancy. Some are dreaming romantic love, and some prefer realistic love. In the movie, many people consider Edward as a crazy person. I realized that if people meet their lovers like Nancy and Edward, even though other think they are in the fairy tale, they can make their own happiness.

Moreover, as Robert changed his mind and met Giselle, sometimes it will be wonderful to believe miracle love.

teacher's note: I especially like what this author says about Edward and Nancy, and how their ending can be seen as a metaphor for how people sometimes find love in the real world. There is no "correct" way to find the one you love. We each find our own path. I like how "Enchanted" can inspire us to believe in romantic love. Do you believe?

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
sei

Postby Risaaa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:16 pm

1, Giselle met old woman on the way Giselle was going to wedding party and old woman pushed her into hole. Finally, she got outside from darkness and arrived New York. It is magic of Queen Nerissa.

2, After arriving New York, Giselle was standing in front of board which designed castle. Robert and Morgan saw that, and caught Gisselle who was fallen off. In addition, he taught about real life to Gisselle.

3, At first, in Andalasia, she got married with prince soon when she met him. However, in New York, she took time to know about Rovert. She is getting accustomed reality life.

I like this movie because I love Disney. It is so romantic, and this film makes me want to go Disney land. Songs and dances are good also.
Risaaa

Postby Basileo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Giselle arrives in New York because the Queen Narissa is jealous and she banished her there so she doesn't get married to Edward. When she arrived at New York City Robert founded her and tryd to help her to get back to Andalasia but he is not sure where this place is he doesn't know if it is a city, state, or a country.

When he helps her they feel that they are falling in love with each other without knowing in the first place because Robert has a girlfriend and they are together for 5 years and he is thinking to marry her and Giselle was planning to get married to Edward.

After spending some days together they figured out that they are in love. I liked the movie and I usually don't like this kind of movies which has a fairy-tale world but I like this one because they used cartoon and real filming which ended up with great result.
Basileo

Postby Blair1122 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 pm

1. She was arrived in NY by falling in the fountain that Queen Larissa made.

2.Initially, his daughter (morgan) asked him to help her, as time goes by, he attracted her by her innocence.

3. She learned about new emotions, new ways to knowing people in NY with Robert's family. Finally,Giselle realized what true love is.

4.I love this movie so much. I also believe in 'True love'. It was the moment so happy and warm!
Blair1122

Postby Hannah » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Giselle promised to marry with Edward that she was fall in love with. But his step mother doesn't like her to be a queen instead of her.
She push Giselle and let her go to the real world New York City from Andallaisia. Robert met her on the street when Giselle tried to open the door of the board.

His daughter looked her and wanted to help her.He tried to help and find someone for her, so he takes her his house.
Giselle discover the feeling in her own mind thank to Robert. But I don'k know why Giselle and Robert love each other. But I understand that this movie is like a fantasy.

Giselle feel true love in Robert and they are happy ever and forever.

This movie is keeping bright and positive and songs that Giselle sing are supporting that. So, this movie make me happy and pleasant.
Hannah

Postby lu0102 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 pm

She was cheated by the queen,dropped into the fountain,through the time and sever line,she came to the New York City.

I think he was moved by Giselle's chastity and goodness.

When Giselle was arguing with Robert,she had some new emotional feelings about angry. She learned something new and exciting to meet a new self. The feeling maybe is a true love.

I like the story that makes me happy and laughing all the time. Love does not mean to change people. But people can be changed if they really love one.
lu0102

Next

Return to Movie Reports