[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby maikuu » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:29 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:08 pm

1. They both disliked each other at first when they were going to new york and they argued about everything.

2. I disagree with harry about how you cannot have girls as friends.

3. After I believe 12 years of bumping into each other, becoming friends then disliking each other again. Harry finally realizes that he loves Sally and decides to confess his love to her at the end.

4. I dont usually like old movies especially romance movies, but this movie was amazing. I likes the story behind it and I loved the comedy.

teacher's note: I especially like point #4 of the first poster for "When Harry Met Sally." A twenty-year old today would surely think this is an old movie while someone from an older generation would see it as a classic. Yet, the twenty something is able to recognize that this film takes its place as one of the all-time classics.

I'd be willing to bet that when they were filming it back in the 1980s, the film crew and actors had no idea how famous it would become. People referred to this movie as a "chick flick" meaning that guys couldn't possibly like it, and yet this author and, it seems, all the other male authors on this list seem to have thoroughly enjoyed "When Harry Met Sally." Thanks for posting!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol: :D :lol:
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby Basileo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:10 pm

First Sally hated Harry when they were taking the trip to New York she hated the way he thinks about love and friends and that a man and a woman can't be friends in any case. He thought she was attractive but thinked in a strange way like when she ordered in the restaurant. Sally thinks that relationships are not only "doing it" but more of a way to live with others and at first she didn't like the idea of marriage but then she wanted to get married and start a family. At first Harry's idea of a relationship is just "doing it" and then leaving but after some years he got married and after six years he had a divorce. I disagree with Harry because relationships are not only "doing it" it is more than that. I enjoyed watching this movie it has a great story well written and I don't usually enjoy classics but this a nice one. I like how it ends when everybody ended up with the one they loved.
Basileo

Postby Yunlin Yang » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:10 pm

1, When they meet first time, Harry thought Sally was a uptight woman, and Sally also didn't like him, she couldn't agree with Harry some points about relationship.

2, I disagree with Harry. He said, ""men and women could not be friends, the ending of a man and woman is sex.'' Because there are lot of experiences told me, beside sex, there are some different friendship between two genders.

3, After six years, Sally broke up with Joe, who is her exboyfriend. At the same time, Harry was going to divorce with his wife. When both of them were in trouble of relationship, they met at book store again. Then, they started to be friends, and overcome their difficult time together. At the New Year, they realized they fell in love.

4, It is my favorite movie in this semester, because it's seem like a true story. It is not really romantic, but warm. They experienced breaking up and divorcing, the personal sad story didn't prevent them to discovere their love. Although they have different hobbies, life and the view of points, but they can fix it and love each other all.It is awesome!
Yunlin Yang

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

1. They did not like each other. They had really bad image of each other.

2. I disagree with Harry because I think men and women can be friends. But I don't think men and women can be bestfriend. If I get close with any guy, I'll walk back mentally because it is so awkward to be like this for me.

3. They finally know everything of each other though it's negative. But finally they like anything they have.

4. It's harder to say "I love you." the more I spend time with the person like my family. This film shows that feeling. But I'll tell my family that I love them when I see them next time.
Ariel

Postby Hannah » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

When they met first, Harry had a favor for Sally, but Sally didn't like Harry at all.
I disagree that men and women can't be a friends because there are many relationship between men and women without love. They can help ,relieve and trust other, even if they are falling in love.
Finally, Harry and Sally fall in love by confessing love.
Harry found that he really need her, not as old friends but as lover.
He finished the confusion between friendship and love, he confessed to her.
Hannah

Postby Risaaa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

1, when they met at first time, they hated each other because of difference of opinion. Besides, he was really rude to Sally. For example, he ate a grape in her car, and said his opinion to her directly in spite of meeting for the first time.

2, Harry thought friendship between man and woman is involved with sex, they cannot become friends without it. On the other hand, Sally insisted that it is possible to have good friends even if our gender is different from others. I disagree Harry's idea, because Sally and Harry had a good time if they do not have a sex. We can built good relationship by having dinner or going to shopping.

3, They spent a lot of time as friends. However, they did have a sex one night. They thought it was mistake, but they think about each other almost everyday. Finally, Harry spent his new year alone. His thinking is all about Sally. He ran to place Sally was, and told her his true feelings.

I was thinking old movie seems like boring. However, I laughed so much, and enjoyed this movie totally. I would like to recommend this novo to my friends.
Risaaa

Postby moritzthierer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:15 pm

1. Sally despises Harry's ideas when they first meet and Harry isn't particularly fond of Sally either.

2. I disagree with Harry's idea that men and women can never be friends. While there might be a desire to have sex in some of those relationships that doesn't always have to be the case.

3. They fall in love after having been friends for a long time. They slowly begin to realize that they are attracted to each other in the aftermath of their sexual encounter. Harry finally realizes he loves Sally when he's alone at New Years Eve.

4. When Harry met Sally is a classic for a reason. The performances by both lead actors really sell not only the shift in age but also in attitude and in the outlook on their lives. The comedy is subtle but also hilarious at times and never seems unnatural or like the scenes could've done without it. The film knows when to be funny but it also keeps the right tone in scenes that are more serious. For these reasons and so many others I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
moritzthierer

Postby Sulttn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:18 pm

They impressioned each other about men cannot be friend with women without having sex with her, as Harry said the sex part always gets in the way. I disagree with that because, it seems like any girl should have sex with her friends (men) that means any girl should knew one friend who will have sex with her, he changed the meaning of a friends word . They had sex together they celebrated together in New year. However, they decided to meet in the next New Year, and they felt that there is something missing, they met again and Harry told her that he loves her. In the beginning she didn't expect that, but he explained to her that he couldn't sleep before listening to her voice and he likes her way when she older food, she felt that he is the man she was looking for. This movie described the way that love cannot be possible. Thank you for this movie.
Sulttn

Postby lu0102 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

I most disagree with Harry. He was negative, meanwhile Sally was positive for the love of life and future.

Sally didn't like Harry's personality. Harry thought Sally was attractive. However, they didn't think they would be friend with each other.

They spent a lot of time together and had great relationship with each other. They even did not know they have been loving each other for a long time. During a confusing time, they had really thought about their relationships. They need each other and they determined to be with each other for the rest of the lifetimes.

Good things take time. People knew what they don't want, then they might know what they do love. I really love this movie.
Last edited by lu0102 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lu0102

Next

Return to Movie Reports