WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

1. They hated each other. When they met for the first time, Sally gave him ride to New York but they were incompatible and therefore they always had quarrels.

2. Harry said that girls and boys can't be just friends, and boys want to have sex with girls who they find attractive. On the other hand, Sally disagreed with this idea. I also disagree with Hally's idea. They can be just friends. I think so! I have lots of makes friends and they are just friends.

3. After they made a mistake, they didn't talk in a while. While they did not spend together, they realized their feelings to each other. Finally, Hally came to new year's party and told his feeling. Although they spent much time together, they were just friends at first. As they spent, they realized their affection to each other. It took so long time to realize it.

4. I really really love this movie. It's sometimes comedy but romantic. I will watch this movie again someday!
Emika Kanazawa

Re: WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby sei » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:19 pm

What are Sally and Harry's first impressions of each other?
They did not like each other because they have too different opinion of everything
Harry and Sally both have ideas about relationships. Which idea do you most strongly disagree with?
I strongly disagree with Harry that women and men cannot be friends. Because I have many guy friends and our relationship maintain at least 5 years.

How do Sally and Harry finally fall in love?
They realized that they like and take care of each other.

Write a setup/opinion of WHEN HARRY MET SALLY.
I have never watched this movie before but I heard the title of it many times. And after I watched this movie, I realized that why this movie is famous.
I can feel that how their emotion of each other is changing and how they become more precious to each other. And I was impressed that the movie shows the comfortable and relaxed relationship between Harry and Sally. Usually in romantic movies, they focus on the feeling that heart flutting which happens only for early time. However, in this movie Harry and Sally became a coupld aftee they get used to each other. This comfortable couple also made me comfortable to see them.
sei

Previous

Return to Movie Reports