INSIDE OUT

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: INSIDE OUT

Postby Nicole_Shan » Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 pm

This movie [is] about grow[ing] up and say[ing] goodbye to past events. When I saw this movie, I remember[ed] when I was a child some memories, the deep impression or something my mom tell me but I can’t bring to my mind. We love old friends, familiar hometown, but we also need Meets Stranger, had different life.

Riley’s core memories were in the Minnesota, so when she left the Minnesota, the memories became sad. Riley loses the Goofball Ireland; lose the imaginary friend Bing Bang, so she grows up. Riley is a joyful girl, but nobody’s life happy everyday. We need Sadness to cry to give vent to someone, need Anger to protect myself, also need Fear and Disgust, because this is the real life.

teacher's note: IMHO, This author demonstrates a good understanding of how Riley changes as she grows up, and how the characters and places in the story represent what happens inside out minds as we evolve from infants to adults. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
Nicole_Shan

Postby livejinjin » Sun May 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Before I saw <Inside Out> in class, I had seen it last year when it was released. I hadn't understood the true meaning of memory's changing. I just had felt interesting, because I like animation movies. But, now I do understand the true meaning about Riley's emotions like why 'sadness' tried to change happy memories after Riley's family moved, why a happy memory was changed, and complex-emotion memories.

Besides, I noticed every emotions sit in front of the consoles in adults' head, not just one emotion. Last year I wasn't more mature than Riley who is 12, I think. At the beginning of the movie in class, I was excited because the movie goes on San Francisco, but at the end, I wanted to hit past-myself who had so bad understanding.

teacher's note: I absolutely love how this author makes a personal connection to the story of "Inside Out." I think I had some of the same feelings both about myself and about my own daughter, who just happens to have been elven years old when "Inside Out" was released. She is now twelve, so I see it all happening before my very eyes. Thanks for a cool post!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
livejinjin

Postby Shogo Saino » Mon May 16, 2016 9:03 pm

It was for the first time to watch this movie, INSIDE OUT. I learned several things from this movie.

Especially joy is very important for our relationships. Like this movie, to express joy gives us good response from others. And other feeling are important too, and help each other. And, joy will be born from sadness and other emotions. Because if you feel sadness, someone will help you, and it will make this memory be good memory. And personality is based on emotions. So, we need all emotions.

And I think that this is the difference between human and animals. I think I want to take care emotions.
:lol: :x :cry: :roll: :|

teacher's note: I like how this author demonstrates the importance of the connections between the various emotions. Please focus on sentence syntax to smooth out awkwardness. Thanks so much for an insightful post on the amazing "Inside Out."

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
Shogo Saino

Postby Kellyma » Tue May 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi teacher:
This is the first time that I saw the movie. Actually, I have a little confused about what it says, because at first class I was absent for the class for about 15 minutes,I think I have missed something! But, I still find something interesting, I like the main idea of the story, it shows us that Riley has 5 emotional,just like everyone does:joy,sadness,anger,fear and disgusting!what makes me mostly interested and touched is when Riley lose her joy. What a terrible thing that a person loses his joyful, in the reality live, with the social pressure,we are hard to feel happy than when were young! But from Riley, it seems that I fond myself, we can't lose joyful, it makes us more positive and relaxing! This is what I get from Riley!
Kellyma

Postby huangsh521 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:01 pm

INSIDE OUT is a very creative animation. It uses a very creative way to express how emotion influence us and how we control our own emotion. It is an another brilliant work of Pixar. I love it. BART
huangsh521

Previous

Return to Movie Reports