[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ¡THREE AMIGOS!

¡THREE AMIGOS!

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

¡THREE AMIGOS!

Postby maikuu » Thu May 26, 2016 4:33 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ¡THREE AMIGOS!

Postby Miyoung » Sun May 29, 2016 4:32 pm

The acting of the them was surprisingly good and I have to admit that I enjoyed it immensely. El Guapo is rogue. However, It means handsome, though. Three Amigos appeared silent film[s]. Carmen (? I can't remember name of hero) saw [one of] the films. One day, suddenly El Guapo invades that she lives small town in Mexico. Then, she decided to ask for salvation three Amigos. However, they thought that is not real fight because they are movie star. But, El Guapo's servant shots at one of them. On the specifically, villagers think about a marvelous to keep their town (They made similar clothes as three Amigos because it means to win use their confusion). Finally, three amigo take care of villagers.

I felt one thing. Silent films have never really been silent.

teacher's note: I just love - love - love this author's closing thought about silent films! Thanks for a nice summary and for being the first to post at Movies Grow English.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P
Miyoung

Postby Nicole_Shan » Sun May 29, 2016 6:32 pm

I felt really funny and more relax when I saw this film, but comedy movie also have more meaning we can ponder. I want [o] focus on two ways to think about this film. The first one, is movies has changed our lives. In 1895, the brothers Lumière played the first film they shoot, named “Train stop”. People afraid when their saw the train is coming, like THREE AMIGOS, Carmen also think[s] Amigos should be real hero.

Even now, sometimes we laugh and cry along with movie, this moment we don’t think there are fake, we really enjoy the show. Secondly, no matter what era, everybody need[s] hero. Maybe everyone's life will encounter a suffer called "El Guapo" , but we also have hero in the heart, like Three Amigos, make me laugh and defeat difficult[y]. Perhaps the movie want[s] to tell us never give up even you are in the dark now.

teacher's note: One of the films I sometimes show in film class is Hugo, directed by Martin Scorsese. It celebrates the life of Georges Méliès, a pioneer in silent films and Hugo also shows the famous film about the train and how people marveled at its realism.

I like how this post discusses how ¡Three Amigos! pays tribute to the silent era of film making. There is just something romantic in reaching back 100 years and looking into the eyes of an early movie star and realizing that even though they have long left this world, there essence can be immortalized through the magic of movie making.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P :roll:
Nicole_Shan

Postby livejinjin » Mon May 30, 2016 4:18 pm

This is so old movie, but I felt its comedy code is fit well with nowadays it. There's no serious story, so it is good to enjoy lightly. Also it is easy to understand, so I could enjoy this movie. I wonder if kind of invasion had really existed or not. In the movie, people killed residents too easily and lightly by shooting a gun. I want to know they really had thought people's lives lightly or just happened in movie's. Mexico's traditional culture like costums, guns or Tequila is so intersting and attractive to me. I really want to go to Mexico someday.
livejinjin

Postby Miyu » Mon May 30, 2016 6:02 pm

I saw this movie for the first time. I thought this movie is very fun because every characters are interesting.
Three amigos are movie stars and they are cool and strong in the movie but actually it is totally different. However Carmen though they are able to help Carmen 's village from El Guapo. El Guapo is a really bad men but it means handsome in Spanish and Carmen is kind and obedient. Moreover, there are transparent swordsman and the tree which sings. These characters made me happy and fun.

It is difficult for three amigos to become real heroes because they are just movie stars. However, they save Carmen 's village from El Guapo and his companions because they are smart and brave. So, in my mind, the three amigos are real heroes.

In this movie, it described that people's life in old cityscapes of Mexico and sometimes the movie characters use Spanish words, so I was able to learn former Mexico and Spanish languages.
I think that this movie not only are fun but also can learn about Mexico.
Miyu

Postby Shogo Saino » Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Finally Amigos could beat El Guapo and save Santa Poco. But it was difficult way. Because they had never fought with someone in the real world. They were misunderstood by villagers. I think it is interesting point. But they fought El Guapo, who is a bad person and is selfish man, to save the village.
I think people can do everything if they put them whole strength into it, and cooperation is very important.
Shogo Saino

Postby xie,qiujing » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:14 pm

This is the first time that I watch the Mexico movies of Three Amigos, which give me a deep impression. In this movie, the three amigos seem like stupid at the beginning of the movie, however, I find that they are all brave and optimistic to life. They win EI Guano and save Santa Poco, they try their best to protect Santa Poco and the people in Santa Poco are willing to believe them and cooperate with them. I was deep moved when I watched the ending of the movie, they work together to fight against with the EI Guapo and they win. I like the three amigos' attitude to all of the things that they faced, and I hope I could become brave and confident in the future.
xie,qiujing

Postby Benz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:31 pm

This is the first time that I watch the Mexican movie of Three Amigos, which is really funny. In this movie, the three amigos seem like stupid at the beginning of the movie. they ended up with some sence of courage . I hope I became courage like these amigos and face my situations bravely .
Benz

Return to Movie Reports