[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE INTERVIEW

THE INTERVIEW

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE INTERVIEW

Postby maikuu » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:03 pm

SkylarkRapaport.jpg
SkylarkRapaport.jpg (49.15 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE INTERVIEW

Postby Miyoung » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:11 pm

This movie was first time and I searched some facts. Actually, this movie could not release in South Korea as well as all of countries. When the film had released, North of Korea reacted violently. Because it is a third-rate film of comedy, I thought we would watch as a funny.

First, answer about question
1. What is the C.I.A. plan for Dave and Aaron?
: They have to kill Kim Jong Un. It is their mission.
2. In the movie, what is the Supreme Leader’s personality?
: It is exactly communism for example. Humans need to have normally physical and mental well-being. But, it appears Kim Jong Un never did. It is a flagrant abuse of human rights.

Second, My critical thinking
1. It is important that racist language and action in film. Dave was escaped dog he had to protect from North of Korea. In personally, because I really love animals, I CAN'T ABSOLUTELY EAT DOG. But, it is interpreted it's like "Go away from countries to eat dog" in film. The film is cleverly criticizing North of Korea and South of Korea.

2. Some Asian actors, they couldn't exactly speak Korean and English. The film pointed out pronunciation of speech, they make fun of it.

3. The film was portraying well about Kim Jong Eun that he is fake all of thing. Food of premium grocers like signboard was everything fake. I know it is fake that [is] why they show us the fat boy and they have their own lives and live sufficiently. Actually, North of Korea is very poor EXCEPT KIM JONG UN.

teacher's note: I need to advise this author that there are syntax errors herein which should be addressed. One fun way to improve writing syntax is to do a lot of reading in the same language. This even works for native speakers. You'll begin to notice that there are reoccurring patterns of syntax which will become familiar to you.

Besides that, I much enjoyed reading this authors opinion about the film and the facts surrounding the story. Thanks also for being first to respond to this movie.

--mike :?
Miyoung

Postby Miyu » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:16 pm

I saw this movie first time, this movie was a comedy movie, but I think that it was a little crazy and grotesque movie because there are many slangs and blood scenes.

Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapaport killed Kim Jong-un to end up in North Korea because it was a mission to kill him from C.I.A, so they had to do it.

I think that a supreme leader need many skills and potential to lead and attract people such as deep and great insight, good communication skills, high IQ and EQ and pride. I think these things are very important for the supreme leader's personality because the person who have to lead many people for good way, so the supreme leader need these personalities.
For example, I think Lelouch Lamperouge who is a character of animation is suitable for a supreme leader because he saved the world from the fight at the risk of life and changed the world systems.

In the end, this movie is very interesting because in the movie there are Katy Perry, Nicky Minaj, the Rode Of the Ring, and so on. I knew them, so when I was watching this movie, I was more interested.
Moreover, I didn't know many Americans slangs, so I was able to know many bad words through this movie.
Miyu

Postby Nicole_Shan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:13 pm

I can’t find any information about this film in China social movie media website. I have no idea why the government hides this movie. But in China, we cannot use Facebook and Twitter or some website government think[s] they have some reactionary Information. So on this hand, I think North Korea and China are very similar.

I like this movie about an absurd and true story. Aaron and Dave are not heroes, but they save world. Must Kim die? Of cruse the answer is “yes”. Not just movie, in the real life, Kim also is a danger[ous] guy. People are curios and fearful about North Korea’s everything. I think, in this movie’s start, Kim is a big fun for Skylark Tonight this American TV show, which is a fake, like the fake fat kid and fake store. Kim just needs one way to show to American, North Korea is a big, strong, rich and open country.

I don’t know about Kim’s real personality, but in this movie, I consider about his life, I feel he does not treat Dave as a friend, he doesn't need a friend who came from American. C.I.A need[s] Dave and Aaron to take Kim’s out, and in the end, they do it. It is the good ending we want see.
Nicole_Shan

Return to Movie Reports