TROPIC THUNDER

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: TROPIC THUNDER

Postby lirongjia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:34 pm

This is a very funny movie. And i like it a lot. I have been laughing for the whole movie. And there are lots of superstars, such as Tom Cruise and Robert Downey, who are both my favorite actors.

My favorite character is Jeff Portnoy, the fat guy. I think it is disgust that makes him interesting. He is famous for farting in a movie performing all the characters on his own. It is really disgusting that he farts so much, it is interesting, though. It makes people laugh cause he is so good at it. Also, he does a lot of stupid things such as not following the team and running for heroins, which make other characters into a bad situation.

I think the most interesting moment is that when they found out that Alpa Chino is a gay. Because it's so funny that he changed the name of the man he likes, Lance, into Nance to pretend he is not a gay, Especially when Jeff Portnoy said he would literally do some dirty thing for him if Alpa Chino released him.

Otherwise, this movie also tells us that actor is such a unsecured job, that actors' lives are not easy. It shows us how people fight for being in a movie. They will do something they are unwilling to do only if they can be on the scene.
lirongjia

Postby doris » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:14 pm

I love this film. In my opinion, Simple Jack makes a good point about "special-needs" characterizations in Hollywood. Every film has unique meaning, and every film adopt different subjects to convey ideas. Furthermore, the film used funny methods to attract audiences.

Tugg Speedman is my favorited character. Tugg Speedman had performed the movie “Simple Jack” which was the yearly worst film, so he thirsted to get audiences’ affirmation. He worked hard to portray the role and be real actor. When he was captured by drugs trades, he played a role to touch people, and a little boy gave him the Oscar reward which made by himself. At the beginning of the movie, he had difficulties to cry, but in the end, he came to tears.

At the beginning of the film, it is funny to see the hurt body organs with blood and broken hands. After seeing this movie, it releases my pressure and makes me feel happy.

Finally, the movie is funny and impressing. It also leads me to real world. We must overcome obstacles and problems. Moreover, we need to find solution to the problem. Work hard to make dreams come true.
doris

Postby Joshua » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:22 pm

I think the character I love the most is Simple Jack. although he is thought to be a falling star at the beginning of the movie. He can't even pretend to cry while acting, even when he was caught and is used to earn money, the manager said that he only value less than this.

I think the most interesting part is when the simple Jack was kidnapped and was even forced to act to please the group there. and actually, he did touched the audience, and the funniest part is that when Tran called to ask Tom Cruise( the manager) to pay in order to save Simple Jack's life. The way he answered is so low-class that makes me laugh.

I really love this movie, and I will watch it again if I have time. It is so thought-provoking and ironic. After seeing this movie I realize that hoe great Ben stiller is. He wrote this movie and acted in this movie. He has conducted many movie that I think is a classic. Also, in this movie, I learn that how well can the " famous actors " acts. Not only is Ben Stiller, but also Tom Cruise, Jack Black,and even Robert Danny Jr. They are so great.
Joshua

Postby tiffanyfu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:49 pm

It’s a very interesting moive about“ I’m a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude”
Robert Downey Jr.and Tom Cruise who is I don't recognize the role they played, if not be told at the first time.And i think Tom Cruise’s role is very catch my eyes,even he doesn’t look so handsome.He plays a role who is selfish,shrewd,bad-tempered,bald and fat.What’s more,he also very open minded to talking the fluent bad words and dancing like that at the end of the movie.Such a handsome man to play a role like that,i think it is a big breakthrough

At the beginning of a small trailer--<Satan’s Alley>,Robert Downey Jr.and Tobey Maguire,Iron Man and Spider Man,the story is very interesting and if it was a real movie, i’m sure i will pay to watch it.

The movie also have a lot of Chinese elements like putonghua(Although as a Chinese most of time i can’t understand what are they talking),and Beijing Film Festival’s coveted Crying Monkey Award.I don’t the part of killing panda is fun and it makes me fell a little uncomfortable.

--TINGYI FU (TIFFANY)
tiffanyfu

Postby kimberly0610 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

I always love Ben Stiller's movie, he is a remarkable person who can make lots of classic comedy movies which is the hardest type of movie to make. I am surprised that this movie completely revealed the environment of Hollywood which is very cruel and reality, He use lots of ironic aspects to emerge the Hollywood, such as often making topic at disables, the actor who immersed himself in characters and forgot who he was.

My favorite character is Kirk Lazarus, played by Robert Downey Jr., he really did a significant job in this character. I'm barely can imagine how did he imitate this character so persuadable that he looked and sounded perfectly just like African American. It's still amaze me a lot about his professional acting skills.

To sum up, I would like to watch more Ben Stiller's movies!
kimberly0610

Postby amroalsanousi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:36 pm

it was a funny movie, it made me laughing a lot.
I think there are a lot of F words its makes the movies not good for every age.
my favorite characters are y Robert Downey Jr he fit was knitting the story, also Kirk Lazarus.
amroalsanousi

Postby Shogo Saino » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:22 pm

"Simple Jack" was a bad reputation in Hollywood, and this movie was call the worst movie. So this character was simply offensive. But this movie was very popular in the village that Speedman was caught.

I like the man who Tom Cruise acted. Because he has very crazy thought and cruelty. And his talking is very funny. Suddenly, he began turing on music and dancing. There is a gap between his looks and this action. This is very interesting things. And I like dance that he danced in the ending. Father more he is Tom Cruise. I can not believe that. He is not similar with him at all. If I did not be tell that he is Tom Cruise, I would not be able to recognize.

The funny moment is that actors in the movie misunderstood reality and unreality like "Three Amigo." Especially, Speedman had misunderstood all the time. He played with director`s head that was crushed by an explosion, but he had thought this was direction. But it was real. He could do that like a joke because he did not it was real. In addition, when he was caught, he complained about acting dangerous people because he is stupid and he misunderstood. I think sometimes ignorance about anything makes people boldly. So ignorance is bliss.
Shogo Saino

Postby s-al7arbi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:01 pm

TROPIC THUNDER is the only movie that i didn't like it !!.

I think that the vocabulary in this movie where difficult to me. Nevertheless, I understand the main idea, but I didn't like the way that how they are making a movie and the comedy was not convenient to me.

Saeed
s-al7arbi

Postby shmookh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42 am

in the beginning of the movie I didn't like it then the story surprised me when everything It has become a real & not a representation. I think Simple Jack didn't make good point.

My favorite character in this movie is Tugg because he is taking movie seriously all the time and he is funny.

I like this movie they have different story.
shmookh

Previous

Return to Movie Reports