[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BLUE CRUSH

BLUE CRUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BLUE CRUSH

Postby maikuu » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:55 am

:geek: :ugeek: :twisted: :cry: :? :x :o :(
The acting crew with the real pros of Women's surfing:
Keala Kennelly, Kate Skarratt,
Rochelle Ballard, Layne Beachley, Megan Abubo.
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: BLUE CRUSH

Postby Reina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:49 pm

The story of this movie is that Anne Marie, a girl who wants to be a champion of the competition of surfing struggles but achieves her goal thanks to people around her.

Her mother has gone somewhere, so she has to earn money so that her younger sister, Penny can go to school. One of her friends, Lena helps Anne as a coach and practices with her every day. The another friend, Eden supports and encourages her.

One day, at the hotel, she met a boy, Matt and she came to enjoy spending time with him. She started teaching him surfing. She falls in love with him even though the competition is coming soon. At that time, Lena and Eden told her to focus on the surfing, then she practiced a lot. Finally, in the competition, she overcame a fear and became a champion.

I think Anne was able to win because people around her supported a lot. This movie taught me how important the friendship is. It was a great story. -Reina-
Reina

Postby 95rein » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:26 pm

“Blue Crush” was a movie that made me wanted to learn surfing. Before I watched this film, I didn’t know about that there were various professional surf leagues in the world. Surfing is the sport of riding on the top of a wave while standing or lying on a special board. Therefore, surfing derived from skateboarding so there are many similar words between both. For example, long board and short board.

In this movie, Anne Marie is a heroine who wants to become a champion of surfing league. She has two best friends. Their names are Eden and Lena. Eden helped Anne’s training of surf. Lena and Eden worked with Anne in the hotel of Hawaii to earn money together. They really love surfing. Finally, Anne overcame fear and she became a champion of the competition of surfing. -----Minju Yoon----

teacher's note: Thanks for this author and the previous author for being first to post their comments for "Blue Crush." I need to make one historical correction as I understand it. Surfing (he'enalu in Hawaiian ) did not derive from skateboarding, although it might seem that way. Surfing was probably invented by the Polynesians of Hawai'i and Tahiti. The sport was first observed by James Banks when he traveled through Tahiti and Hawai'i with Captain James Cook in the 1700s.

Westerners picked up the sport, and by the 1950s, it was very popular in California and Hawai'i. It was about this time that "sidewalk surfing" or skateboarding was invented. No one knows who made the first skateboard, but by the early 1960s, several companies were developing and making skateboards. The sport first became popular here in Southern California in the cities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo Beach. Both surfing and skateboarding will be added to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
95rein

Postby Aira » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:47 pm

This movie is talk about a girl who loves surfing a lot and wants to be a professional surfing girl.

Anne has a younger sister. She needs to take care of her sister after her mom leaved them without a reason. Anne and her two friends who named Eden and Lena are works in a hotel. They both like surfing. Eden always stay with Anne and training her surfing. Lena is a outgoing girl, always bring them positive energy and much laugh.

Things became different since Anne meet a boy in a hotel who named Matt. Matt is a soccer player and have not tried surfing before. Anne became a teacher for Matt to teach him how to surfing. They fall in loved. Anne just start confusing about her life. She did not know what should she do. Matt gives her support and told her wants to see the girl who is enjoy the surfing very much.

Anne has to figure it out by herself. Finally she choose to return back to the sea and be a girl who in the world of professional surfing. She surfing over and over again and win the match in the end. Every one is happy for her. Anne not only wins the game but also overcome herself.

After seeing this movie, I started to interested in surfing. Maybe I can try to surf one day. The most important thing I had learn in this movie is do not give up anything without trying. ---------------------------Aira Dilimureti.
Aira

Postby Momoko » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Eden supported Anne Marie by leading her to the right direction. She told her to focus on her dream rather than hanging out with a guy. Eden practiced her together and encouraged her strongly in the film. Therefore, I think Eden played a role to give her courage and improve motivations to win the competition. Lena helped her as a coach because she took care of her younger sister while she's not at home.

In my opinion, Penny affected Anne Marie's professional life the most. Penny was everything for her since she's the only family she has and she wanted her to go to college so that she attended the tournament to get enough money to take care of her. Matt was just an excuse for Anne Marie to forget about the tournament and trauma that she couldn't overcome.

As a summary of this film, Hawaiian girl surfer, Anne Marie challenges "Pipe Masters surf competition" which is one of the dangerous tournament. However, she has a trauma. One day, she met Matt who is a football player during her job at hotel. She needs money to take care of her sister but she lost her job. Anne Marie, Penny, Eden, and Lena decided to make some money by giving surfing lecture to Matt and his friends. Anne Marie and Matt became close. But, Eden told her to focus on the tournament. She practiced a lot with Eden. Finally, she won the competition because she didn't give up until the last moment. She made her dream came true.
Momoko

Postby Almaz777 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:23 pm

The story tells about a girl who's name is Anne Marie , she wanna reach her goal of being the best surfer in the world.

Anne Marie lives in one of the most beautiful places in the world - Hawaii. She also needs to take care of her little sister , because their drinking mother left them for Vegas. She lives with her little sister Penny in a small house on the beach. There are also 2 Anne's close friends living with them Eden and Lina. Penny is a typical teenager who wanna be independent. All of them spend all their free time surfing. It wasn't enough for Anne and one day Anne decides to participate on the competition of the best surfers. Eden practices with Anne , to face her fear of big waves , and encourages her on her dream.

Everything was quiet well , from Eden's point of view, until one she meets the rich , proffesional football player and falls in love with him , and also he makes her to look at her fears from the different angle and try to conquer the blue crush.

At the end, she reaches her goal and becomes the best surfer in the world.
Almaz777

Postby Mai » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:54 pm

This story is about surfing with 4 girls and a guy.

Anne, Eden and Lena are best friends, and they and Anne's sister, Penny, live together like a family. They always go surfing. One day, Anne met Matt, became his teacher of surfing and she fell in love with the guy. She caught up in him and often stays at his hotel instead of going back to her home.

Then, Eden was strict to her behavior and sometimes has trouble about that with Anne, on the other hand, Lena was mild without making sarcastic remarks. However, Eden and Lena want to let Anne win the tournament: it is a "Pipe Masters Surf Competition" win because to win this tournament was Anne's dream for a long time. They knew that, so Eden, Lena and Penny cheered for Anne.

Finally, Anne accomplished the competition and she became the famous surfer in the world.
Mai

Postby Louloutesmile » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Anne Marie is a pro surfer who lives with her two best friends and her young sister. They don't have a lot of money, and work as maid in a hotel where Anne Marie met a wonderful guy.

Her dream was to win the Pipe Master competition. But she was affected by her mom who left Anne Marie and her sister, and never talked to them again.

However she was supported by all of her friends and her boyfriend. Her best friends did everything so that Anne Marie will win the competition.

I think surfing is really fun, but I couldn't do this as my work, be a professional surfer.
Louloutesmile

Postby Dunia(sarah) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Blue crush is a great movie to watch its all about beach and surfing thats why its called 'blue' . That movie was about a girl that lives by her own she dont have a good salery or job she was a maid , even tho she was struggling through all of this bad sittuation she had a dream and she did reach her goal in the and she failed many times but she stood up and kept trying until she became a famous great surfer in the cover of a magazine.

That made me want to learn surfing acctually after i sow that movie i went to San Diego i saw people surfing but frankly i was afraid to try doing it i think its risky .
Dunia(sarah)

Postby Hima » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:53 am

This movie is about the girl who loves surf.

Anne Marie had great best friends, Eden and Lena. They always supported her. Lena accepted just the way Anne was. Even though what happened to Anne, Lena smiled and encouraged her. On the other hand, Eden sometimes scolded Anne. Especially when she always spent the time with Matt and didn't try to face her dream. This is because Eden loved Anne so much and she didn't want her to go wrong way in her life. Eden knew that Anne loved surfing a lot. So Eden didn't want Anne to give up her big dream. That is why she encouraged her to join the woman's world surf championship.

Finally, Anne told Matt that she would participated in the surf tournament. In the contest, she failed again and again. However, she never gave up. In the end she won in the tournament! It was because her friends, younger sister, and Matt supported and encouraged her.

This movie reminded me the importance of dream and friend! I was encouraged by watching this.
Hima

Next

Return to Movie Reports