BLUE CRUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: BLUE CRUSH

Postby Sayaka » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 am

This movie is about a girl named Anne Marie and some girls and guys who surround her.

Because of her mother's missing, Anne has to earn money to let her sister, Penny, go to school. Anne was going to participate in the biggest competition in girl's surfing. She met a guy Eden when she worked at hotel and they fell in love. Her friends were confused because she has a competition in few days that is significant of her life as a professional surfer. Anne was afraid of surfing because of getting hurted in the past. Finally, she overcame the fear and succeeded.

This movie remind me of the importance of people who always support me. I would like to keep doing my best in the U.S. to shoe appreciate them.
Sayaka

Postby fkaram » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:22 pm

BLUE CRUSH is one of the most motivational movies I've ever seen. It's about a group of people who live on an island and all what they know is surfing. And there are these girls who are literally from the lower-class people have a brutal life. They work as a maids in a hotel in order to pay the rent.

The main character in the movie is Anne Marie, a stunning girl whose mother left her with her younger sister. She tries really hard to make sure that her sister goes to school and does her homework to that she get to college. Anne Marie had a surfing accident three years ago, so she is scared of going back to surfing like before. But eventually , her two best friends did their best to help her. They motivated her to go the compilation.

It was frustrating at the beginning of the competition but eventually she succeeded .
fkaram

Postby huangsh521 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Anne Marie loves surfing since she was a girl. She wants to be a pro surfer and win the woman's world surf championship. She moves to the beach of Hawaii and trains for surfing every day. In Hawaii, she meets other two girls who also love surfing, they are Eden and Lena. When the day of competition gets colser, Anne happens to meet her dream lover, a man named Matt Tollman. She fell in love with him very soon and she kind of loses her faith of surfing. She has to keep balance between love and her career. ---Bart
huangsh521

Postby Doaa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:22 pm

“Blue Crush” was a movie that made me wanted to learn surfing. Actually, This movie is talk about a girl who's name is Anne Marie; she loves surfing a lot and wants to be a professional surfing girl.Penny is her younger sister, and Anne needs to take care of her sister after her mom leaved them without a reason. Anne and her two friends who named Eden and Lena are working in a hotel. They both like surfing. Eden always stay with Anne and training her surfing. Lena is a outgoing girl, always bring them positive energy and much laugh.

Every things change since Anne met a boy in a hotel who named Matt; she loved him at first sight. Matt is a soccer player and have not tried surfing before. Anne became a teacher for Matt to teach him how to surf.Then, Anne just start confusing about her life. She did not know what should she do. Matt gives her support and told her wants to see the girl who is enjoy the surfing very much. At the end, she chose to return back to the sea and be a girl who in the world of professional surfing. She surfing over and over again and win the match in the end.

the message of this movie was about how the importance to achieve your goals and have good friend. I liked this movie with high recommended.

-Written by Doaa
Doaa

Postby rayanrd » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:52 am

This movie was about a girl who loves surfing ,and wants to be a professional surfing girl her name is Anne Marie. Also, her mother has gone somewhere. Then, she is responsible to take care for her young sister her name is Penny. She has two great friends whom named Eden and Lena, and they are works in a hotel to earn money. Eden and Lena both like surfing as much Anne do.

The romantic moment began when Anne falls in love with Matt who is a professional football player. Because of she has good friends and best boyfriend ,they supported her to each her goal. At the end, this movie reminded me the importance of my dreams and friends. I like this movie, and it was the best.

Thanks Mr. mike
rayanrd

Postby Elly » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Eden and Lena are best friends and colleague. Supporting Anne's dream, they are always with Anne Marie. And when Anne didn't practice hard because of love, they weren't angry. Just supported Anne and gave advice.

Because her mother had gone to Las vegas, Anne lived with her sister Penny. She really cherish penny. But Penny think she is not a kid so she don't need care. Nevertheless, Penny hopes her sister's dream will come true.
Matt is a soccer player who falls in love with Anne. Because of him, Anne couldn't concentrate for practice. But for Anne, this feeling of love was very precious. Because her face looked so happy when she was with Matt. So I can't say that this love is bad.

I don't know lots of thing about surfing. But through the film, surfing is a typical sports of men. So I think it is very difficult to be a top surfer.

Just look at title, I thought this film was thriller like 'Jaws'. But it was touching film. It was very interesting the main character came into conflict between dream and love. Later, she won out every inner conflicts. It can be boring to some people who like action and fantasy. But for me, it was also a good movie. I think this film is good for killing time when people loaf at home.
Elly

Previous

Return to Movie Reports