STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

Postby Elly » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Actually Rey was not a orphan. But leaving Rey in Jakky, her parents went to other planet. So Rey believes that her parents will comeback and find her any time tomorrow. In Jakku, she found iron and exchanged them to her meal.
Finn was a stomtrooper who is a soldier for Darth Vader. But when he encountered his first battle, he felt it was not a right way. So he decided to escape with Poe.

First Order made a weapon absorbs sunlight and then change to weapon. This weapon can destroy whole planet. A planet that attacked to this weapon disappear completely.
So First Order let this weapon take aim to Resistance.

BB-8 has a USB preserved a map that can find Luke skywalker's location.

I watched this film in theater. So this time was second time. But it was not boring! I really enjoyed this. Kylo Ren is absolutely bad guy. He tricked Han solo and killed him even though Han was his father. How bad he is! And there was a scene that Rey and Kylo were fighting. I don't know why but I felt something wanting watching this scene.
Elly

Postby huangsh521 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Rey is a girl who lives in desert alone, she collects pieces of equipment to exchange for food to survive. Finn is a warrior of FIRST ORDER, he realizes that what the FIRST ORDER does is totally wrong. So he betrays the FIRST ORDER and escapes from it. Then they meet each other in Jakku, they try to keep and save BB8, because it holds a secert information which is really important to the Resistance. And that is a piece part of a map.
Basically it is a classic America movie. the side of justice wins at last. you can see many familiar faces and scenes in this movie. the whole movie salutes to the old series of STAR WARS. -BART
huangsh521

Postby fkaram » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:13 am

While the Force Awakens has a few very minor problems, the rest of this film is absolutely fantastic. All of the characters, especially Rey and Kylo Ren, are extremely well-developed and very well-acted. The film is also easily the best shot film of the Star Wars franchise and the practical and CG effects are outstanding (deserves some Oscars for that). The action and emotion are intense and the underlying themes are amazing as well. Throw in some shocking plot twists and you have a Star Wars movie, in my honest opinion, comparable to A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Definitely a must see for this year. Collapse
fkaram

Previous

Return to Movie Reports