[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

Postby maikuu » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:29 am

ForceAwakensLogo.jpg
"May the Force Be with You"
ForceAwakensLogo.jpg (60.13 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: STAR WARS: VII THE FORCE AWAKENS

Postby Dunia(sarah) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:10 pm

The movie is about a girl i a dessert she is waiting her family to come she gather iron to get food .She once found an android he was going to get taken by a theif but she helped him. He turned to be the Bb-8 he was in the jakku in search for his master but it turned out that he is dead and he kept with the girl Rey. Finn came to jakku with Poe who died on there arrival to jakku . Finn analayzed tgat BB-8 was Poes android and that he have the map . Finn and BB-8 are being chased by Klyo who has a strong force and they find out there place and attack them
Dunia(sarah)

Postby Momoko » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Rey was lived in Jakku which is a desert planet and she was poor. But, she was brave and strong enough to save BB-8 from bad people. She saved BB-8 and they become close friends. One day, she met Finn who was wearing BB--8's master, Poe's jacket so that BB-8 and Rey recognized him as a enemy at first. However, he wasn't. Finn was a member of the First Order but he realized the mistake and he was running away from them.

So, they helped each other to protect BB-8 from the First Order. BB-8 has a fragment of a map which can be completed with R2's map. As a review of this film, I thought I wouldn't understand the story because I haven't seen other star wars series before.

Although, there were some scenes that I couldn't understand, I could figure out most of the story. I was so surprised that Kylo Ren was Han Solo's son. I'm curious about his past and what made him into dark side. If I had time, I would like to watch other series to find out.
Momoko

Postby Hima » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

In the first scene of the story, Rey lived in desert alone. She seemed to be poor and lonely. Also, she wished to see her family again. One day, Finn (FN-2187) decided to escape from Jakku. He also saved Poe and they could escape once. After that, Finn met Rey with BB-8. BB-8 was a key robot because it had crucial map. Because of having BB-8, they had been attacked. So they fought a lot.

They met Han Solo and they built good relationships. On the other hand, Ren, who was a son of Han Solo and Princess Leia tried to attack them again. Though he seemed to go back to their parents once, he killed his father in the end. Finn and Rey fought with Ren and Finn was seriously hurt by Ren. However, Rey won finally. They went back to their colleagues. At the last scene, Rey went to the place and there was an old man.

It was first time for me to watch Star Wars. Honestly, the story was complicated, but it was fun anyway. I cannot figure out the meaning of last scene, so I'd like to watch another series when I have time!

teacher's note: I am surprised at how many of the students in the class have not seen any of the Star Wars Saga as it has been extremely popular for a long time, and this is Episode VII. if you are one of these people, the last scene may be confusing. The "old man" is Luke Skywalker. In Episode VII (this one) we are told that he is the last Jedi. The Jedi is an order of knights who fight with the light saber and have very strong mental powers. They use their power to defend the Republic, now called the Resistance as the New Order, led by Snoke (Andy Serkis), has risen from the old Empire. They are the bad guys.

There is a lot of back story, so it would help to watch the previous six episodes as you like. They are very entertaining, and many people (myself included) find them inspiring as well. Thanks to everyone for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :cry:
Hima

Postby Mai » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:10 pm

When this movie begins, the Resistance is attacked and BB-8 runs far away. Then BB-8 arrives desert and meets Rey. She is alone and poor. Furthermore she keeps waiting for her family to come back. She helps BB-8. On the other hand, Finn who was one of the member of First-Order succeeded to get out of First-Order with Poe. Poe is a member of Resistance and BB-8's buddy. And Finn also meets Rey and BB-8 in desert.

BB-8 has a part of the map which can know the location where Luke Skywalker is. First-Order want to get the map. Rey, Finn and BB-8 meet Han Solo and they cooperate each other. However, Ren who is a son of Han Solo and Princess Leina fight them. Hun Solo wants Ren to come back to his family, but Ren kills Han Solo. But Rey fight with Ren and she wins. And finally she arrives at the place where Luke Skywalker is.

I have watched only "Star Wars 7" before. So I didn't know the all of contents of Star Wars. (I just knew the name of the movie.) But I thought Star Wars is awesome movie and I understood the reason why it is popular and famous in the world. I want to try other stories of Star Wars!!!
Mai

Postby Reina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12 pm

In the first scene, Poe gave BB-8 a map of Luke Skywalker which is really important. He was caught by first order but BB-8 was able to get away and met a girl, Rey. She lived in desert alone and seemed like waiting her family coming back. As for Poe, he escaped from first order with Finn, who was a member of first order but turned to be a kind of resistance. Finn land Poe were separated but Poe met Rey and decided to protect BB-8 because first order also wanted to get the map it has.

They met Han Solo who is in their side and fought together. Actually he is Ren's father. He wanted his son to return to the family but was killed by Ren. But Poe and Rey beat first order.Thanks to R2-D2 and BB-8, they found out where Luke Skywalker is.

This was the first time to watch Star Wars, and realize why this is so famous and people like this movie! I got so excited and felt as if I were in this movie! I want to try other series of this movie.
Reina

Postby Doaa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:47 am

This movie about a girl her name is Ray. she lived in desert alone,and she was poor. Also, she wished to see her family again. In other hand, she was brave and strong enough to save BB-8 from bad people.

One day, she met Finn who was wearing Bb-8's master, Poe's jacket so that BB-8 and Ray recognized him as a enemy at first. Ray and Finn helped each other to protect BB-8 from the First Order. Actually, Finn who was one of the member of First-Order succeeded to get out of First-Order with Poe. Poe is a member of Resistance and Bb-8's buddy.

Actually, I missed the first of class, and it was so hard to understand, but at the end I I could figure out most of the story.
Also, this is my first time for me to watch Star Wars, but it was fun time.

- written by Doaa
Doaa

Postby Sayaka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 am

Ray is a girl who is scavenger and lives in Jakku. Her family were taken away and she was waiting for them for a long time.
Finn is a guy who worked at First order but he was afraid of killing people and run away saving one of Resistance, Poe.

BB8, which is a Poe's robot, has a piece of map which shows Luke Skywalker's habitat and Resistance and First order has been looking for. Afterward, the map was completed the rest of map that R2D2 had.

I've watched all series of Star Wars so I was really surprised that most of us had never seen it before. I hope everyone would enjoy and be interested in it! This movie has one of the worst scenes for me. It's that Han Solo was killed by his son, Kylo Ren. I watched this movie in January and cried at that time.
Sayaka

Postby rayanrd » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:17 am

The movie it’s about since fiction, and the story in this movie it’s hard to understand it, but I’ll try to explain it as I can.
There’s a girl her name is Ray. She lived in desert and she missed her family she also wished to see them again. Beginning of the story she found BB-8 in the desert, and she helps him. In other hand, Finn was member of first order he try to get out of first order with Poe and he succeeded. Poe and Finn are member of resistance and they are also meet with Rey and BB-8 in desert.

BB-8 escapes with the map and encounters a scavenger named Rey near a junkyard settlement . Ren tortures Poe using the Force, and learns of BB-8. Stormtrooper, unable to bring himself to kill for the First Order, frees Poe, and they escape in a stolen.

I didn’t seen this movie before, but I think it’s amazing story in the since fiction movie.
rayanrd

Postby 95rein » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Before their adventures begin, Rey is a girl who sells components from a junk Star Destroyer. She is a scavenger abandoned as a child on the desert planet Jakku, who is waiting for her family to return. She is completely self-sufficient and does everything for herself, until she meets Finn and adventure begins. Therefore, Finn is a reformed First Order stormtrooper. He realized that First Order wasn’t always right and disappointed about the First Order because it killed civilians indiscriminately. So he determined to run away from the army.

BB-8 is a spherical robot with a free-moving domed head. In the film, BB-8 is the astromech droid of the Resistance X-wing fighter pilot Poe Dameron. Poe entrusts him with a map that must be delivered to the Resistance headquarters in order to determine the whereabouts of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. While Poe is captured and interrogated by the sinister First Order commander Kylo Ren, BB-8 flees across the desert of the planet Jakku and finds sanctuary with the plucky scavenger Rey. Eventually Rey, the renegade stormtrooper Finn, Han Solo and Chewbacca bring BB-8 to Resistance leader Leia Organa, and ultimately reunite him with Poe. ---Minju Yoon
95rein

Next

Return to Movie Reports