[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - CHEF

CHEF

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

CHEF

Postby maikuu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:15 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: CHEF

Postby Reina » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:56 pm

This movie was really interesting for me because it describes many things like the relationship between father and son, and between father and mother, his pride about the job and so on. Especially, I enjoyed watching how the father, Carl and his son, Percy build a great relationship as they spend time together.

At first, Carl didn't realize that Percy likes and respects him. Then Carl quit the job at the restaurant and he started food track and his son helped him a lot. For example, he cleaned up the track, helped buying foods, and encouraged people to come by using Twitter.

Sometimes the father and son quarreled with each other, but Carl realized that Percy very misses him and finally, he decided to let his son to help the food bank.

I think spending time together is the most important thing for building good relationships.

-Reina-

teacher's note: I like how this author observes how the son (Percy) actually contributes to the family business, but in his own way, a way unexpected by the dad, Carl Casper. Good job, author.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :evil:
Reina

Postby Almaz777 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:37 pm

I had so much fun and pleasure watching this film because i have always liked to watch films about professional chefs. And this film has all criterions that i really like. This story tells us about a man Casper who worked as a chef-cooker in the cool restaurant. He also was dedicating all his free time to his lovely work.

But, one day, he started to argue with the owner of that restaurant, possibly he was right, but owner didn't think so. Consequently, after a few days he was fired. He also had a child Percy and his friend Moly who supported him. However, the fact that he lost his job doesn't made him upset because he was very confident person. Moreover, he decided to open his own food truck that was selling a healthy food. Eventually he found the lost culinary inspiration and along the way, he established a relationship with his family.

Alma.

teacher's note: Good summary, Alma, Glad you like Chef, one of my personal favorite recent films.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
Almaz777

Postby Momoko » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:48 pm

They started to work together to clean the food truck, but Casper was mean to Percy at first. However, Casper realized that he was wrong and apologized to him for being mean. On the food truck, Casper gave a part of his job to Percy and he did really well. In addition, Percy advertised about food truck on Twitter and because of this, a lot of customers came to buy his Cuban sandwich.

They also had some time together to just hang out alone. They couldn't have enough time to spend father and son time together so that this journey made them closer than ever.

My favorite character is Percy because I could see how much he loves and respects his father from his interests in cooking. I liked the way that background music was used in this movie. The music made the audience feel like they're actually in the film and it made me into the film. In addition, I was surprised that Casper leaned from a real Chef [Roy Choi]. I could see how they precisely describe cooking scene in the film.
Momoko

Postby Dunia(sarah) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:11 am

That movie is pretty good i liked it .Since i am a international student i learned alot about american and mexican life , beside that i also learned how to do a sandwich called empingao.The music in the movie made the movie interisting for me.What i realy liked about the movie is that it contains alot of every day vocab that can help me in my daily life.Specisly that movie is great to watch it with a group or your family.
Dunia(sarah)

Postby Elly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Through this film, I think the director wants to tell us about passion that you can challenge everything you want to do. Originally Casper was a chef of a good restaurant. He wanted to make and serve a new menu, which he created, for critic. But the CEO didn't allow about that. And then he left the restaurant and made the menu in his house even he couldn't serve that dishes to critic. In that scene, I could see a really powerful passion of his job.

At first, It looked like that playing with Percy was not his like but a duty. But as time passed in the food truck, they knew their truth. Casper taught cooking to Percy. Attitude about cooking too. And when they had a free time before open the food truck, they went sightseeing the city and ate delicious food together. Through this sort of thing, they were getting closer.

My favorite character in this film is Martin. He is always cheerful and makes other people happy. He snag a song while he made ingredient of cubana sandwiches in the food truck. This scene is one of my favorite scene in this film.

CHEF makes me hungry. My stomach was crying even I was in the class. This film's background is little bit familiar to me. Also background was so pretty and if I have a chance, I want to travel the places that came out in the film.
Elly

Postby Mai » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 pm

During this film, if you have a special skill, and if you like that, you can do everything even though the locations and conditions are not good.
In the case of Casper, first of all, he worked at good restaurant in Los Angeles. But, one day, he was fired and lost his job. After that, he started to work at food track with his friend and his children.

Casper has a his children, Percy and an ex-wife. They separately live in, so Casper and Percy meet while limited time. After he is fired the restaurant, he goes to Miami to look for new job, and he decides to start to work at a food track. However, he doesn't have even track, so first, he washes his used track and buy some food for sandwich, new menu with his son. He doesn't want to work with his son, but when they work together, they notice to help and love each other. Casper tells Percy that cooking and serving for people are interesting. On the other hand, Percy helps his father to advertise about their food track by using twitter. Finally, they can work together, including Percy's mother.

I like Percy because he is cute and honest. Although he is a little boy he hardly works for his father because he really loves his father. I was impressed by his behavior.

I think this movie is not only interesting, but also affectingly. I really like this movie!!! After I finished watching the movie, I missed my family....^^
Mai

Postby Doaa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 am

This movie is about a man who worked as a chef-cooker in the cool restaurant his name is Casper. The story began when he started to argue with the owner. He wanted to make a new menu, which he created, but the owner didn't accept about that . After a few days of fired, he decided to open his own food truck.

He worked very hard on his truck to be clean with his son his name is Percy. Percy and his best friend Molly supported him all the time. They cooked, and had fun time together.

Percy is my favorite character because I could see how much he loves his father from his interests in cooking, and I could say that he is genius when this child used Twitter to attract customers for his father's truck.

At the end, I liked this movie, and I had fun time because I always like to watch programs for professional cooks :)
Thanks Mike, I always like your choices.

-written by Doaa.
Doaa

Postby rayanrd » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:35 am

Actually the movie was fantastic. The movie took about a chef who loses his restaurant job and he starts up a food truck. That what gonna be happen when he got a truck from his Ex-wife pair. The film started by good chef works in fancy restaurant then it was some troubles with his supervisor resulted to lost his job.

The chef has a kid. That kid love his father "Chef" job, and he try with his father to learn him who to be a good chef. Actually the transition point was when the chef lost his job because when he got a food truck his kid marketing this brand in social media then he got a lot of likes and shear and re post it. The father "chef" surprised what his sun did in social media.

The chef careful when he submit the food to the customer, and he learned his sun who to be a good chef when he want to get a good serves to the customers. in final the kid want to Continue the job with his father. Then the kid took a permission from his mother to work with his father on food truck.

My favorite corrector was Percy [the son] because he tried more and more how to be a good chef and he learned it fast.

Thank you mike
rayanrd

Postby Hima » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 am

I liked this movie! I could see many stories through this film. Also, I like to see someone's cooking. So this movie made me happy and hungry.

At the first of the movie, chef Carl Casper quit the French restaurant because he couldn't make dishes as he like. After that, he decided to start food-truck business by himself. Fortunately, Martin who was his coworker at the restaurant joined. He played an important role to success food-truck. Of courese, Carl's son, Percy did great job! Because of these two guys' help, the food-truck food became incredibly popular. At the same time, through this experience Carl had a good time with Person as a father. Once he scolded his son about the attitude toward customers, and cooking. This scene seemed important for two of them. Gradually, they built a stronger relationship than before.

In the end, Carl could open his restaurant helped by Ramsey Michel, who had battled a lot at the French restaurant. It was happy ending.

Carl taught me how hard and exciting to do what I want to. And this movie made me warm feelings:)
Hima

Next

Return to Movie Reports