CHEF

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: CHEF

Postby Sayaka » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 am

The main character of this movie is Carl Casper who worked at the restaurant as a chef. One day he quarreled with his owner about new menu and he was fired. He has a son, but he and his wife divorced a few years ago, so he looked forward to seeing his son very much. His son, Percy, also really likes his father, however, Carl didn't notice that.

After his unemployment, Carl started food track with his co-worker and Percy. Thanks to Percy's publicizing on twitter, their sandwich sold like hot cakes. He finally could have his own restaurant with his family!

I really enjoyed observing the change of relationship between Carl and Percy. Carl is proud of his job and Percy also respects father's job. It's very beautiful. However, the best reason I like this movie is it's background music. Every scene has lively Latin musics and I sang to myself.
Sayaka

Postby fkaram » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:34 am

This movie wasn't actually like what I expected tho.Who knew a movie about a food truck could turn into one of the best movies of the year? Of course, that's a rudimentary plot synapsis, but it is the heart and soul of the film. It's sometimes sweet, but sometimes serious. It has a nice blend of wit and humor, and features an amazing script that just feels like everyday conversation. The best part of the movie is what many directors strive for but never fully achieve: it shows how skilled professionals work, and how they feel when they do what they love (or hate for that matter). The food shown in the movie makes you lick your lips and just want to eat all the gourmet dishes Chef Casper prepares. And in some ways, the movie resembles the food he prepares: fresh, irresistible, and easily taken in. I could go on and on about what a good movie this was.
fkaram

Postby Aira » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 pm

I have seen this film more than once. I really like the music they used. Also the film is very joyful.

The story is about a chef lose his job in restaurant and start working at food truck. His ex-wife really supports him. Their son also interested in cook, so they let him help with the food truck. The chef has a really close friend who named John quit his job too, and came to help his truck. With persistent effort, their food truck became famous. During the time, the relationship between him and his wife became closer. The relationship with his son also became better. It was a happy ending.

In this film, I really like the guy who named John, I think he knows how to enjoy the life. He is good at cooking and also good at having fun. I really want to be a person who can doing best both at work and having fun. I also like their son. The son is very sensible. He can helping his father without complain. And he is very smart.

I am very enjoy this movie.
Aira

Postby Louloutesmile » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 am

This movie is about a professional chef who, after a public altercation with a food critic, quits his job at a popular Los Angeles restaurant and returns to his home town of Miami to fix up a food truck. He reconnects with his ex-wife and invites their young son to join him in driving the truck back to LA. John, a friend of the chef quit his job too and helped the chef in his truck. Therefore there were 3 of them. The chef's son was helping making Cubanos and was really interested about what he was doing. He posted some pictures of the truck on twitter and now their food truck became famous !

I loved how the relationship between the chef and his son got better, it was a beautiful ending.
Louloutesmile

Previous

Return to Movie Reports