ROUNDERS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: ROUNDERS

Postby Dunia(sarah) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:00 pm

It's a great movie to watch.I liked how mike wanted to get to a certain point we can call it revange from the person that he gambeled with him and lost .He had his crazy friend out off jail and he pushed Mike to go back and gamble because Mike stopes gambling after losing his money.In the end Warm convicted Mike and they started gambling and faced alot of problems because Warm has some tricks that he does while gambling . Lastly,the revenge time was up Mike started playing with the man that he once gambled with him and lost his money. And Mike won .
Dunia(sarah)

Postby Leon » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:43 pm

The movie,Rounders, is about gambling. Firstly, rounders are players who knows all the angles and earns their living at the poker take.

Mike and Worm had a good relationship with each other. They considered each other almost brothers. One day, Worm was arrested and jailed. If he had disclosed the story about them when he got arrested, Mike would have been caught . Therefore, Mike had a strong bond with Worm.

Mike told Jo he was never played poker. However, Mike couldn't keep his promise. That's why Mike had to be in trouble with Jo several times.

KGB was a man who was related with the Russian gangster, he was good at poker. He was beaten by KGB at the porker game, and lost all his wealth. Furthermore, Worm was in debt to KGB. For these reasons, Mike had a problem with KGB.

I’d like to watch the movies about gambling like poker. That’s why I was so excited when I watched this movie. I was surprised that the main characters in this movie were luxurious. In addition , I got an impression that even though the theme was difficult, the content was simple to understand. Consequently ,this movie is great movie!
Leon

Postby rayanrd » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:33 am

The movie was interesting, it (was) describe[ed] one guy his name is Mike McDermott. He's working in mailing delivery. He has saving some money as emergence, but he decide to spend this money in gambling. When he played the gambling he loses his money immediately because he didn't have any experience for that.

There is some beautiful girl her name is jo . Jo (she) tr[ied] to avoid mike to don't play gambling again because he don't have enough experience, but he didn't listen to her and he loses all he have save.

When he work with professor and he deliver something he sow the professor play gambling and he give to him some heading technique for this game. The interesting think is his friend while he was imprisoned his name is Lester "worm" Murphy. Mike started playing poker game again with "Worm". Mike was smart, while Worm was [a] mechanics.

The story began when Mike continued playing poker game with Worm. Worm got Mike into debt with Teddy KGB, and he lost his all of money. Then, Mike borrowed the money from the professor to challenge Teddy KGB again. After that, they play[ed] again. Finally, Mike won because he notices that KGB has the habit having cookie when he is certain to win.

thanks Mike, actually I like this movie :D

teacher's note: I must caution this author that there are numerous GPS errors in this report including some basic grammar stuff and inconsistent time frame. I suggest that an improvement is needed in this area. Aside from that, thank you for a thorough summary of ROUNDERS. I'm glad you like this movie. It is one of my favorites, and IMHO a classic.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
rayanrd

Postby Louloutesmile » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:41 am

The movie is about Mike, A young man who was a really good poker player who gathered his entire stake of $30,000 and lost it to Teddy KGB. Jo his girlfriend, told him to quit poker, and he promised to reform. But the next day his best friend Worm got out of prison, and of course he had to meet him at the prison gates, and of course that lead to a poker game that night, and to a dangerous series of problems. Worm told mike that he needed money because of a debt. therefore they tried to earn money by playing poker games but Worm cheat. Mike asked his professor for money. Then he played against KGB and won.

I would like to know how to play poker after watching this movie.
Louloutesmile

Previous

Return to Movie Reports