THE GREAT GATSBY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: THE GREAT GATSBY

Postby Aira » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:57 pm

This is one of my favorite movie! I have seen this movie more than one times, and always want to cry when saw the Gatsby and Daisy meet each other again after few years.

Gatsby is the most romantic man, he loves Daisy more than anyone and anything. What he does in his life, is all for Daisy. Gatsby was born in poor family, but he seizes the opportunity to be a great man. He succeed. At a party, he meets Daisy. They fall in loved. Unfortunately, there has a war, Gatsby went to battle. They lost touch. Daisy married a rich guy who named Tom. Tom is a clever guy. I think he is bad, but he actually protects himself and her wife in the end. The worst person in this movie, I think is Daisy. She discarded Gatsby just for herself. Poor Gatsby, waiting for her phone calls till he dies.

Even [though] Gatsby did so many things for people, no one came to his funeral. What a cold-blooded palace! What a cold-blooded people!
I always felt sad for a while after seeing this movie. I hope Gatsby shall have Daisy(Jack shall have Jill), all shall be well.
--------------------------------Aira

teacher's note: I was quite touched by this student report on The Great Gatsby. There are a lot of similarities between Gatsby and Titanic. What do you think?

--mike :arrow:http:P//www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
Aira

Postby Doaa » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

This movie took place in 1920, New York, there was a great period of time for american people. The life was flourishing and developed. I noticed that there are different levels of wealth in society in that period, and Gatsby said about American life was like a green light.

Actually, this movie talks about Gatsby that he was born in a poor family, and he is believing one day he will be rich . He left his family when he was 16, and he love a girl named Dasiy before he joined the army. Dasiy was witting for him for along time.Then, during the war, a person named Tom is on the pursuit of Gatsby's girl. Then Daisy decided to marry Tom. When Gatsby comes back, he becomes fortune and powerful. He builds a great palace and has many luxurious parties to attract daisy's attention.

This movie described which is more important love or money. At the end, Gatsby and Dasiy couldn't be together because of Gatsby's death. It was a sad story about a great guy called Gatsby. I like this movie, and my favorite actor was Gatsby because he is a romantic, brave and kind person who is loyal to love.

- Written by Doaa
Doaa

Postby rayanrd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 am

The movie based on the 1925 that period of time American people were wealthy and prosperous. As I saw in this movie, the American people had many luxurious parties.Gatsby said about American life was like a green light. This movie talks about ( The Great Gatsby ) who was poor man and he got the wealth after the war. Gatsby love Daisy and he wishes married her, but she got married from another guy his name is Tom. Actually, this movie described what is the more wealth love or money.

The story of movie made compare between wealthy and true love. The end of the movie unfortunately Gatsby was death.
rayanrd

Previous

Return to Movie Reports