[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - COWBOYS & ALIENS

COWBOYS & ALIENS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

COWBOYS & ALIENS

Postby maikuu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:09 pm

CowboysAliensPoster.jpg
CowboysAliensPoster.jpg (41.16 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: COWBOYS & ALIENS

Postby Almaz777 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:27 am

According to this film, from my point of view, i think that Jake Lonergan, despite the fact of losing his mind, is a sort of a cowboy who doesn't like to get into troubles, but can give a setdown if somebody forces him. That kind of cowboys usually tend to be the strongest ones.

In the beginning of this film, we can see a man Jake Lonergan lying on the ground with a unusual bracer on his hand who also doesn't even remember his name. After a little fight with some cowboys he wears their clothes and goes to the nearest city Absolution. Soon inhabitants of the city find out his name and that he is wanted by the authorities, but when they are about to pass him, they notice an UFO hanging over the city and taking the residents, exactly then he realizes that he has very powerful weapon against aliens. By the end of the film, they recognize that aliens come to the Earth in order to obtain gold, and find out humans' weaknesses. Consequently, they are together wipe them out by exploding their space ship.

Almaz
Almaz777

Postby Momoko » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:33 am

Jake is a man who has a strong sense of justice, and he is brave enough to defeat aliens. The aliens are collecting golds in a gold mine underground. In addition, they kidnapped humans who wore some golds such as metal watches or guns so that they can get more gold.

Based on this film, in classic Western movies, men usually wear hats, ride horses and fights in the bar with others. And their enemies are usually Indians.

As an opinion of this movie, I found it interesting that cowboys and Indians helped each other to defeat aliens and save people. It is because they are normally described as enemies in classic Western films. I believe aliens lost the battle because they underestimated the humans. Also, I liked it when the Colonel and his son end up having a good relationships after the battle. From my view, it may be because the Colonel's son lost some bad memories [about him and] his father.
Momoko

Postby Reina » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:11 am

From my point of view, Jake Lonergan is a man who is really brave and has a strong sense of justice. He fought against aliens in order to save people even though he lost his memory and does not know who he is and what happened to him. Also, other cowboys are also brave.

In this movie, cowboys and Indians were enemies at first, but through fighting together they trusted and helped with each other. It was one of my most impressive points.

As for Jake, he gradually remembered everything and then we knew that he was once caught by aliens and a woman who he loved was killed just in front of him. I thought that such a terrible memory made him to forget everything. Finally it seems that he accepted his past and started new life in a different place.

Throughout this movie, I feel that the most important thing is having trust and bravery confronting powerful enemies with strong will to save people. That's why I believe they were able to defeat aliens.
Reina

Postby Doaa » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:09 pm

This movie talks about a cowboy his name is Jake. Jake is a strong man, and he is brave enough to defeat aliens. The story began when the taliens were collecting golds, and they kidnapped humans who had some golds. Then, they can get more gold.

This movie based on in classic Western movies; the "Cowboys" usually wear hats, and ride horses, and they usually fight Indians.

This movie was interesting for me, because this is my first time that I watched Cowboys movie :) and now I know more about them.
thanks Mike

_written by Doaa

teacher's note: Thank you. Glad you like COWBOYS AND ALIENS!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
Doaa

Postby Doaa » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks Mike :)
Doaa

Postby Aira » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:33 pm

In the beginning, a mysterious man wakes up not knowing who or where he is. He's been wounded in the stomach and has a mysterious metal bracelet attached to his arm that he can't break off. He rides back into town to heal up. But he brings attention to himself by taking out a thug named Percy. Suddenly, people recognise the man as an outlaw named Jake Lonergan and he is knocked out by the mysterious Ella Swenson and winds up in a cell right next to Percy. When army Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde learns that his son Percy has been locked up, he rides into town with his men to free him. But the town is attacked by alien spaceships. When it's noted that Jack's bracelet can shoot down the ships, Woodrow insists that he comes with the group including Ella, Doc and Nat, to try and get their friends back.

I really enjoyed this movie, I will highly recommend it to my friends, it is a classic western movie.
Aira

Postby Hima » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:04 pm

At first, I regarded Jake Lonergan as an evil person. For he killed the strangers without any hesitation, at the very beginning of this film. However, now I think he is a good and strong guy. The accident that losing his loved one changed him for a while. Additionally, because of that, he lost his memory. Through the battle against the Alien, however, his memory was coming back little by little.

The purpose of the Alien was to get gold. That was why they took Jake's loved one away. And many other people became victims too. It was moving to see that people fought together to save their loved one.

It looked like strange to see cowboys fight with the Alien. At the same time, this film was exciting! And I did not notice that Ella was Alien too. Honestly, I wanted her to live. Anyway, this was first time to see cowboy's movie, and I liked it. Thank you!
Hima

Postby Mai » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Jake Lonergan is a cowboy. In the beginning of this movie, he loses consciousness in the desert. He just knows that he has a strange metal bangle on his arm, and a photo which shows a woman. However, he don't remember about them at all.

When he goes to the city(village?), he uses the weapon on his arm. He noticed the weapon is only useful for killing aliens. Also, he is strong cowboy. This is proved when he and his friends meets Jake's old friends on the street, and they are really yearned for him.

Through this film, I learned that relationships between friends, and helping each other, are important.
Especially, I was really impressed with Olivia who came from another plant. She is sacrificed for her friends. I thought the reason why she is sacrificed is that she is not person who is not from same place with other people, and she can come back to life because she actually revived once. Therefore, I believe she can meet Jake and other people again.
Mai

Postby Leon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:39 pm

He was a thieves’ boss, but he lost his memory at the first. Then, he had a mystery of the bracelet on the right arm and a deep wound on his side. Suddenly, three strangers appeared in front of him though, he quickly knocked out them. He was so strong. Apparently, he was kidnapped by aliens and his wife was killed by aliens. He had reasons to fight against aliens.He was so cool and gentleman.

The aliens wanted gold. They killed a lot of people to get the gold. Also, they kidnapped some people and experimented.
Based on the classic western movie such as Cowboy&Aliens, reflected the history of the USA. There were good-looking men in the west pioneering era.

This movie was directed by Jon Favreau, he is famous for making the movies like the Avengers series [He also starred in CHEF. --mike]. I think this movie was very unique. Especially, I thought that the situation that aliens visited in the western era was interesting. Daniel Craig who acted the main character was very cool, he matched the cowboy. Finally, in the western era, American people had problems with Native Americans. However, this movie showed the good relationship between the two races by fighting with aliens.Thank you.
Leon

Next

Return to Movie Reports