[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE

BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE

Postby maikuu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From left to right, back row, Producer David Hoberman, Actor Steve Harris, Actor Eugene Levy, Actress Missi Pyle, Actor Steve Martin, Actress Jean Smart, Actor Victor Webster, front row, Actress Queen Latifah, Actor Angus T. Jones, Director Adam Shankman, Actress Kimberly J. Brown, Animal Actor Linus, Actress Betty White, and Co-Producer Todd Lieberman at the premiere of their movie “Bringing Down The House” on March 2, 2003 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Dan Steinberg/Getty Images)
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE

Postby Murshed » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Film 561
Murshed Alremeithi
Bringing down the house

Impose lawyer Peter Sanderson meets a lady online by the name of Charlene. He hopes to meet a blue-eyed, blonde haired lawyer. What he gets is an African-American lady on the run from jail. Charlene comes to Peter to ask for his assistance in attempting to discover who was in charge of surrounding her for staged burglary. Peter continues tossing Charlene out and she continues returning, in light of the fact that she's resolved to prove her lawful incenses. She breaks into his home, tosses wild party to get his attention. They faced various conflicts when they tried to connect. After they get on the same page she flipped around his life by acquainting him with a side of himself that is vastly different from his concerned self. Peter and Charlene’s scenes are my favorite; I loved the chemistry between Steve Martin and Queen Latifah it felt like the where a perfect match.
Murshed

Postby demi0206 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Film 561
Hidemi

The movie is made based on many concepts such as love of family, the importance of friendship, and discrimination. It was a happy end movie, but I was a little bit confused because I had not expected such ending (Charlene falls in love with Howie).

Peter, the lawyer, finds an ideal woman on the Internet, and starts Internet dating with her. He expects a white good-looking lady come to his house, however, the person stands in front of the door is an American African lady, Charlene. Since Peter realizes Charlene is a prisoner escaped from prison, Peter tries to break off a relationship with her. Yet, Peter gradually changes his mind while she stays at home, because she sometimes helps not only supporting Peter`s job but also taking care of his children. One day, when Peter`s family and his client have dinner together, TV reporter announces Charlene is a dangerous escaped prisoner. Because Peter loses trust from the client, he fails his business, and he gets Charlene out. After a few days, Peter notices Charlene is innocent through an incident. He is exposed himself to dangerous in order to prove her innocent.

I love Charlene`s character because she is never defeated even though others discriminate her. She is so powerful and attractive.
Last edited by demi0206 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
demi0206

Postby Hasumi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Film 561
Hasumi

Charlene and Peter meet online chat. Peter believed she has beautiful blond hair and blue eyes, so when he knows Charlene is black women and she was in jail, he was so surprised. Charlene is very important parson in this movie. Because of her action, relationship between Peter and his ex-wife Kate became better and this movie is happy end.

One of my favorite moments in this story is that Peter go to club to help Charlene. Charlene was innocence. After he knows this fact, he changes his clothes suit to street clothes and he proves her innocence.

This movie has some moments that I felt differences of white and black people in the U.S. Since I came here, I have never felt discrimination between white and black people. One of reasons I like Charlene is that she never cared about other people discriminate her. She is strong. So, she changes other person’s mind such as Peter and me!
Hasumi

Postby e1635107 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Film 561
Yuka

The main character, Peter, is a lawyer. One day, the woman, Charlene, who met him with online came to his home. Then he was surprised because he expected different image of woman and also, she was in jail. After she came to his home, he was involved in many troubles such as losing his job. At first, he was furious about her action, but he changed his mind little by little.

I think the scene that Charlene helped his daughter was the most influential. Also, this scene is one of my favorite moments because she was so cool when she fought to help his daughter. Through this happening, he changed his mind and started trying to prove her innocence.

I was impressed and enjoyed by this movie. This movie including comedy and love. I like this movie and Charlene’s character. She has passion every day and she never give up her goal.
e1635107

Postby Lusiqi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Film 561
Lusiqi Liu

This comedy film tells a story about love and trust. A lawyer called Peter Sanderson who had a divorce with his wife meets a woman who he believes is a lovely blonde in an internet chat room. He is so excited and thinks his life might gonna change. When Peter finally has the courage to invite the woman in his house which is all set for a romantic evening, a strong African-American woman called Charlene Morton shows up in front his door. It turns out that Charlene is his date, and she is also an ex-convict who wants Peter to help her expunge from the record of the crime she swears she did not commit. Peter is at first reluctant to accept this strange woman into his house and life, but Charlene is nothing but persistent and finds her own way to be able to stay in Peter's house as a nurserymaid. During the time they get along with each other, Peter realizes Charlene's kindness and honesty, and he finds out she is innocent of committing the crime. Eventually, they prove Charlene's innocence.
I like the last scene of Charlene and her new boyfriend, Howie. That's lovely.
Lusiqi

Postby e1635236 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Film 561
Kimiko

A man called Peter who is a rich lawyer enjoy online dating with a woman. Her name is Charlene. Before meeting with her, he assumed she was a white woman. However, he found that she was an African woman who is very positive and powerful at the first met with her. He rejected her, but she tried to interrupt his life because she wanted him to help her prove her innocence. She never gave up even if she was treated as a nuisance. Gradually, they melted the ice wall between Peter and Charlene because she helped him and his family naturally and he realized it. Thanks to her natural attitude, it made his mind change.
My favorite moment is that when daughter of peter was in a bad situation, she went to help her immediately even if his daughter was not Charlene’s daughter. The reason why I like the moment is that I can feel her kindness and strength of heart.
This movie made me rethink that we can’t judge a book by its cover because some people tend to judge and be judged others by their appearance, academic background, richness and nationalities.
e1635236

Postby Hikaru » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 pm

Film 561
Koichi(Hikaru)

Peter and Charlene meet online and they are supposed to see in person at his house. He supposes that she must be a lady at the center of a photograph. However, she is the last person who he expects to see there. At first, he never admits her and never lets her involve himself and people around him, but they end up having to be dragged into her world because of her intense character. Meanwhile, people who meet her, especially Peter, are changing in many ways. One day, the news that Charlene is a fugitive catches Peter’s family’s eyes. And then he runs around in order to prove that she is innocent of that. Eventually, they get the evidence to show her innocence. Moreover, Peter somehow makes up with his ex-wife although he had a problem with her before getting to know Charlene. I like every scene in this movie, but I love the part that Peter goes into the bar(?) wearing kind of street fashion.
Hikaru

Postby Aziz-abul » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:09 am

Film 561
Aziz

The movie is about a guy named Peter, he meets a woman called Charlene over the internet and likes her. For some reason he was led to believe that she was a beautiful,young, blond reporter. But to his dismay she turned out to be the complete opposite. He learned the truth about Charlene and that she was an ex-convict and was fresh out of prison. But she was contacting him to go-over her case and clear her name. In this comedy, we can see the power of love and how it can change people's opinion about others. We explore the rich and beautiful African American culture through funny stories and hilarious situations. Though a bit over the edge sometimes, you will have a great laugh from this movie.

My favorite part of the movie was when Peter confronted his boss and colleague. He showed the strength and confidence he learned from Charlene and used it in an awesome way, and that is why I love this movie .
Aziz-abul

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 am

Film 561
Naomi

One day, Peter dressed up and was waiting for someone. Then, one lively woman came to his house and she started to drink champagne. At the time, he tried to thrust her out of his house. Who is she? She was the someone who Peter had been waiting. At first, he didn’t realize that she is Charlene who had chatted with Peter because he had believed she is beautiful blond-hair woman. When I watch this scene, I was confused because if such a thing happened, most people in Japan regard it as a marriage fraud.
At first, he lived alone because the relationship between he and his wife was not good. He really disliked her and tried to prevent his children from her because she is a little daring woman. However, as the story goes, his attitude toward her changed. For example, she helped his daughter from dangerous man and made his family bonds stronger. At the end of this story, he got back together with his wife and got along with Charlene.
To tell the truth, I thought this movie is difficult for me because a lot of slangs appeared in it at first. However, I almost understand this story because characters often used big body language. BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE was great funny movie, so I recommend you to watch it once.
Naomi Matsumoto

Next

Return to Movie Reports