[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Postby maikuu » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

Postby Murshed » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Film561
My favorite musical sequence is "Being for the benefit of mr.kite" because the music is funky and full of words that rhyme. this sequence is different than the other sequences it is every random. Jude is an awesome character, he is social he made friends easily when he can to America.Jude came to America to find his father. He never saw his father, he just had his picture( he took it from his mother). He wants to meet his father for the first time. he traced his father by looking into his military records. The movie has a lot of musical sequences that use music from a band called the Beatles. The sequences deliver so many emotions and messages. Overall I enjoyed the movie.
Murshed

Postby Maisaalmedlej » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Film 561
Maisa Almedlej

The scene and the song "Let It Be" from (Across the Universe) movie was very touching. When Lucy first saw the officers telling Daniel's mother (her boyfriend) about his death in the Vietnam War. His Mom's and Lucy's reaction was so heartbreaking especially when the necklace fell out of Lucy's hands. After that, the movie showed us the protests of civil rights movements where a little black boy was shot. The scenes were switching between the African American boy's funeral in a church where his mom was devastated. and Daniel 's funeral where they honored his mom with The United States’ flag. I think the whole scene was all about showing us that America lost a lot of her citizens’ souls during that period of time in US and abroad. The music, the voice of the singer and the lyrics were perfect for the scene. It actually gave me goosebumps!
Maisaalmedlej

Postby e1635107 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Film 561
Yuka

This movie is a musical movie and there are many songs of Beatles in this film.
The scene which I remembered the most is that a black boy was singing “Let it be”, in the situation which the riot was taking place. When this boy was singing, many people fought and were killed behind him. In such a situation, he kept singing “Let it be” to show his wish for peace. After he sang this song, he was also killed. Many people who came his funeral also sang this. When I watched this scene, I thought that this boy was courageous and brave. Also, I was moved because he showed his attitude to make an appeal for world peace.
e1635107

Postby demi0206 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Film 561
Demi

I remember the scene of “let it be” because I felt the song really corresponded to the scene. Lucy, who becomes a girlfriend of Jude in the middle, loses her first boyfriend due to Vietnam War. The song is played in the scene that his mother and Lucy get a heart breaking news, which is about his death. In the movie, they break down crying. When I saw it, I was about to cry. The song made me emotional since it was painfully sad singing voice. To tell the truth, “let it be” is the song I only knew in the album of Beatles. Therefore, the scene can be memorable one more for me.
demi0206

Postby Lusiqi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:07 pm

My favorite scene in this movie is " Let It Be". Not only because this song is famous and familiar to me, but also because this scene is mind blowing. When the news of Lucy's boyfriend's death transmit his family by two solders, I can feel the sadness through the screen by actresses emotional acting. Then the song" Let It Be" begins, singing by a black boy who is involved into a riot. The scene shifts between the black boy' funeral and Lucy's boyfriend's funeral. This scene makes me think about war and peace. People sometimes need wars or riots to protect their rights. However, wars brings enormous sadness and damages. It is significant to find a balance between these.
Lusiqi

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Film 561
Naomi

In this film, many people sing many Beatles’ song. I don’t know a lot of their songs, but I enjoyed watching this movie because all characters are good at singing and sing very well. I think that the story of this film is a little bit difficult to understand if people who cannot understand English well watch this movie, actually I felt so. However, this film is kind of musical, so if we cannot understand all scene and words, we might enjoy watching it. Especially, I’m very touched when I saw the scene which one little black boy sang “let it be” because I know only this song and the song was matched his situation which he was in a war. In addition, I thought that this scene corresponds to today’s affair like international conflictions or wars. Therefore, I this film impressed me.
Naomi Matsumoto

Postby e1635236 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Film561
Kimiko

I really like the atmosphere of the movie in terms of their fashion, background of the senses that we can listen to the many songs of “The Beatles” and so one. I enjoyed the music “Hey Jude” after the film class as my favorite song of The Beatles is this song. It is nice thing to listen the same song sung by different persons from original. However, I realized the more I know other songs, the more I can enjoyed when I listen to them. Thus, I recommend you to watch this film after listening songs of The Beatles. You will have more fun!
e1635236

Postby bukhari4 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:51 am

Film 562
Abdulrahman

This movie is quite unique and has many musical scnese. Since I'm into Metal songs, the musical sequence that catches most of my interest was Oh! Darling, Sadie was singing and Jojo was the main guitarist. They started to sing together, but they seemed to have a fight so Jojo made funny notes by the guitar which made Sadie frustrated and she unplugged his guitar and left the place. However, Jojo didn't stop and continued as the main singer and guitarist. I like the way he plays and sings. Also how he dealt with the situation and complete the song for the Audience.
bukhari4

Postby Hasumi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Film 561
Hasumi

I like this movie because I can listen many songs of the Beatles. My favorite moment is that little boy sing “Let it be” while demonstration in a town. (Actually, I’m not sure whether it was demonstration or not. But something that kind of thing was happened in his town.) Even though he sings "Let it be" at first, in the moment which the end of this song is his funeral and Sister sings “Let it be” for him. The song match with that situation so this moment is the most memorable moment in this movie for me.
In this movie, more than 30 songs of the Beatles are used. Every song match the situation and explain feelings of characters This is a one of reasons why I like this movie. Although I do not know most songs of the Beatles, which are used in this movie, I really enjoyed it.
Hasumi

Next

Return to Movie Reports