BROOKLYN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: BROOKLYN

Postby Lusiqi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Film 561
Lusiqi

The story is about an Irish reserved woman, Eilis, who migrates to America with the help from Father Flood. Due to intercultural differences and different life styles, Eilis faces plenty of obstacles at the beginning. However, she conquers the difficulties soon, gets used to American life and eventually finds her destiny.

From my perspective, this is not just a romantic movie. The movie expresses the description of " home". Though Eilis is extremely homesick when she first arrives at America, she is attracted by the life in New York after she makes progress. Many reviewers consider the main idea of this film is about " homesick" and " difficulties for immigrations". Conversely, I regard the main idea as " home is in the same place where the heart is in".

Like Eilis, there will definitely be many obstacles for immigration to achieve their goal in other countries. However, once they make the first step to make changes and find out where they actually belong to, they will not be willing to go back to hometown where the culture and society are conservative and backward.

I encourage people to be brave to experience different lives, like Eilis, instead of staying in the same place and maintaining the same life.
Lusiqi

Postby Hikaru » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Koichi
Film 561

Eilis can face the difficulties of her new life in Brooklyn after meeting Tony. It comes near to stating the obvious that he has changed her whole new life. She cannot adjust to new life in Brooklyn before she knows LOVE. Love changes everything of her.

As you know, this movie tells us not only just love but also immigration and made me think about immigration more and more. Although immigration is not familiar to me in the first place, thanks to this film, trouble related to immigration became understandable.
Hikaru

Postby masa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Masahiko Kamiya

She got over difficulties by coming across tony. They got close to each other thanks to their mutual friend. Although she had boyfriend in Ireland, she was shaken between the two boys.
Finally, she realized the promise with boyfriend and decided to go back to her boyfriend.
I think that Brooklyn is not so good place to immigrant. actually, i droped by there but it was dirty.
masa

Postby Aziz-abul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

A movie about love and conflicting thoughts about immigration. This movie shows the story of a young Irish woman named Eilis who travels to the U.S in hopes of a better life. This movie demonstrates the hardships of imagination into the U.S in 1950's and gives hope with an amazing story about love and loyalty.
I would highly recommend this movie for people who are looking for a great love story.
Aziz-abul

Postby Nawafsha » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:53 pm

I liked the movie very much it was very sad story but has a happy end. the Irish girl has really faced very hard live in Ireland specially from the old lady who she used to work for. the movie showed how Irish people used to support each other in NewYork. I thought that when she went back to Irland that she will never go back to her love and NewYork city but she wend back to her true love and that was good
Nawafsha

Previous

Return to Movie Reports