[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BRIEF HISTORY OF U.S. - Bowling for Columbine

BRIEF HISTORY OF U.S. - Bowling for Columbine

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BRIEF HISTORY OF U.S. - Bowling for Columbine

Postby maikuu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: BRIEF HISTORY OF U.S. - Bowling for Columbine

Postby Murshed » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:40 pm

I really enjoyed " Brief history of USA".
It was hard to know if he was being bias or express a fact. A fact would be that the Europeans fled to the States . Moore was being bias when he said all white Americans were against black Americans during the 1950's, there were some white Americans where fighting for equality.
Murshed

Postby Leena » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Some of the facts: that the Europen fled to america, they took africans and made them slaves.
His bias opinions: that all the white americans were against african americans,
Leena

Postby demi0206 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Film 561
Hidemi

I think the film really helps understand American society and its history.
One of the facts he expresses is African people were brought by white American as slaves in the 1800s.
Moreover, it is also true many African Americans started to fight against discrimination in the 1950s.
One of biases is black people hate white people, and vice versa.
demi0206

Postby e1635107 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Film 561
Yuka

This film helps me to know about American history.
Europeans ran away to America. Also, they treated African people as slaves.
White American discriminated African people even after those days.
e1635107

Postby Maisaalmedlej » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Film 561
Maisa Almedlej

The "Brief History of USA" short movie was really great! It introduced me to the hisotry of The United States and made me understand it more, even though it was kind of sarcastic in some points. I guess the main facts that the short movie showed us were that the Pilgrims who came from Europe to The US killed most of the native Americans. The other fact is that white people went to Africa and took the people there as their slaves. What I think is bias in this short movie is when they said that all white people didn't want to do any work and that's why they went to Africa. The second bias is that because of the slaves, America was the richest country in the world.
Maisaalmedlej

Postby e1635236 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:16 am

Film 561
Kimiko

This film made me understand U.S culture very briefly, so I did not get bored.
One of the facts that I leaned that the people who called Indian is not Indian from India.
Until I know about it, I just wondering how Indian from India come from such a far place.
Another fact was that American invented bullets.
e1635236

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Film 561
Naomi Matsumoto

I took geography when I was a high school student. Thus, I don’t know any kind of history even about Japanese history well. However, through watching this movie, I could understand the big picture of American history. In addition, it was a kind of animation, so there was no realistic grotesque scene. Therefore, I totally recommend that people watch this short movie.
Naomi Matsumoto

Postby Lusiqi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Film 561
Lusiqi

This film helps me know about American history through a really brief and interesting animation. It expresses some facts, such as where the original American people came from, the history of warlock anxiety. However, from my perspective, the director did have some bias about American history. The most conspicuous opinion is that American people are obsessed with guns.
Lusiqi

Postby Hikaru » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Film 561
Koichi Yamazaki

A part of movie we watched attracted my curiosity because it account for U.S. history using comical animation. One of the facts is that people called Pilgrims in Europe were afraid of being persecuted and they move to Amrica to flee from the anxiety. That white people could not believe the freed slaves would not take revenge and they formed the Ku Klux Klan can be both bias and fact.
Hikaru

Next

Return to Movie Reports