MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 am

Film 561
Naomi Matsumoto

At first, I really felt like I do not want to watch such a realistic grotesque movie. There were a lot of scenes which I wanted to look away and close my eyes. However, that was excited because I had wanted to watch this movie since I heard this movie had appeared.

Especially, I really would like to focus on NUX because I like him the most. At first of this film, NUX tried not to let MAX go, but as the story progressed, the relationship between them changed. NUX was a war boy and he was under Immortan Joe’s spell. Then I felt that he is weird and I dislike him. However, he had changed his mind since he met one woman. In addition, he tried to help MAX and women to escape from Immortan Joe. When I watch the scene which NUX killed the well-muscled man with him, I was about to cry and that was my favorite one.

Their English was so fast and it was a little bit difficult to listen to all their lines, but I was really excited to watch it. That’s why I recommend that many people watch this film.

Teacher's note: I love, love, love that this author notices how Nux goes through a steep character arc, and as he does, our perception of him changes. IMHO, Nux is the most interesting character in Mad Max: Fury Road, but that's just MHO.

Also . . . the fact that this author finds the dialog to be rather challenging in a film that is so much fun to watch suggests that MM:FR is a perfect film to watch multiple times. As you do this, you will notice changes in your ability to hear English. It's a good way to notice your growth. For more information, please link here: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com/Studen ... reprogress.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com.
Naomi Matsumoto

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:11 am

Film561
Naomi
At first, I really felt like I do not want to watch such a realistic grotesque movie. There were a lot of scenes which I wanted to look away and close my eyes. However, that was excited because I had wanted to watch this movie since I heard this movie had appeared.

Especially, I really would like to focus on NUX because I like him the most. At first of this film, NUX tried not to let MAX go, but as the story progressed, the relationship between them changed. NUX was a war boy and he was under Immortan Joe’s spell. Then I felt that he is weird and I dislike him. However, he had changed his mind since he met one woman. In addition, he tried to help MAX and women to escape from Immortan Joe. When I watch the scene which NUX killed the well-muscled man with him, I was about to cry and that was my favorite one.

Their English was so fast and it was a little bit difficult to listen to all their lines, but I was really excited to watch it. That’s why I recommend that many people watch this film.
Naomi Matsumoto

Postby Lusiqi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Film 561
Lusiqi

This film is about being brave and keeping hope. The style of this film is wild, rough and a little bit punk.

At the beginning of the movie, the main character, Max, is the blood bag of a war boy, Nux. After a chaos between Imorten Joe and Furiosa, Max gets an opportunity to get rid of chain and takes the war rig. At first, Max does not trust Furiosa and other women on the war rig. After fighting together against Imorten Joe, they build a firm trust and friendship with each other. The war boy, Nux, is brain washed by Imorten Joe since he was a child. Max gives Nux trust, which wins Nux's trust at the same time.

After escaping from Imorten Joe for several days, Furiosa eventually finds her plan about finding the green land is failed. Because the green land does not exist anymore. Max gives Furiosa the final solution.

The real winner is not the person who tries to escape, but the person who is brave enough to face danger and authority. This person is Max. I really like this intensive wild movie.

Teacher's note: And I really like how this author does NOT spoil the ending, but only suggests what it might be. Thanks!

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :?
Lusiqi

Postby paulvigneron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Mad Max and Furiosa are the main character of the movie.
After having lost all his family Max is captured by the war boys and brought back to the citadel as a blood bag.

Instead of following orders, Furiosa escapes from the citadel to the green place and she's taking Immortan Joe's five wives, his "prize breeders," with her.

When Immortan Joe discovers his wives has left the citadel with furiosa he decides to pursue them by a convoy with the war boys and the blood bag.

At this time, an intense pursuit race begins !

I really enjoyed this movie due to the special effects, the decors and the intriguing story.
paulvigneron

Postby Hasumi » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Hasumi

At first, I was really confused because I could not understand anything. The most confusing moment is that Immortan Joe push a lever which is control water supply and people try to get water desperately. It was first time for me to watch action movie. Therefore, I did not have good impression but negative impression such as violent for this movie. Max and Furiosa fight, but it is for protecting young girls from Immortan Joe. This movie is not just action movie but the movie which I can see Max and Furiosa are building good relationship through fighting.

While Max and Furiosa escape from Immortan Joe, they have many trable such as other rival try to kill them and the car which they use to escape do not move because of marshland. However, they overcome these problems helping each other.
At first, the relationship between Max and Furiosa is not good, but they start to trust each other little by little. This is one of points I like this movie.
Hasumi

Postby bukhari4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:39 am

Abdulrahman

Mad Max is an awesome movie. I loved every bit of it. This movie not only filled with great action, but also has a great story and message. After a great war, the nation was divided and ruled by greedy people. Those who rule wants to control people lives and enslave them.

Max, who has lost someone important to him, has given up hope and only wants to survive. However, his guilt has kept following him wherever he goes. During his fight, he threw his past away and decided not to repeat the same mistake again.

This movie is amazing and I recommend it for everyone.
bukhari4

Postby Aziz-abul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 am

Mad max is a movie about survival of the fittest. Furiosa took it upon herself to defy immortan joe.

With the help of Max who is haunted by the ghosts of his past. This action packed movie will drop your jaw with over the top action scenes.

I highly recommend this movie for everyone.
Aziz-abul

Postby Nawafsha » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I think the movie is not as good as the access chiles theron and was to much action with exaggerating a lot in to much of the scenes. The dictator character who consoles the water was not good. I think that the movie is over rated and does not convey any message. The end was a little bit better the the other parts of the movie.
Nawafsha

Previous

Return to Movie Reports