[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - LA LA LAND

LA LA LAND

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

LA LA LAND

Postby maikuu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: LA LA LAND

Postby farahalowaid » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Farah AlOwaid
La La Land review.

First of all, nothing comes easy. To achieve something we have to work for it even though many things stumble on the way. Pursuing a dream can sometimes be difficult, as not everyone might support what you dream of. Many might try to bring you down, stop you or even pursue the same dream as yours. This must not be a problem; what makes a dream become reality is to never stop fighting.

Working hard and never giving up are two of the main things to do. Dreams are things we wish to happen and that doesn't come easy. A lot of work needs to be done, extra time needs to be given and most of the times you will fail. As I have mentioned, never giving up is the key to success. No matter what happens or what you face along the way, just keep going.

La La Land was a great example of not giving up. Sometimes you can't do it alone, you need someone by you, supporting and helping you all the way. In this movie that was the idea. Both the characters kept pushing each other and kept each other going on. Encouragement helps the person going on, have faith in what they believe. When one person falls down, you know that there will be someone to pick you up what that happens. A person that will always be there when you need them the most. That was the main ideas I caught from the movie.

Teacher's note: I really learned the meaning of "not giving up" during my first semester of grad school. I was an English major, but my undergrad work was in Geography. Therefore, I had not taken some of the prerequisite courses. It was extremely hard to get through one particular theoretical grammar class because of this. I had a copy of the prerequisite textbook in one hand and the new textbook in the other. The class started out with more than thirty students, and I was one of the ten or so who completed it. I got an A, but it almost killed me. I simply refused to go down, and in the end, I prevailed. If I could do it, I'm sure most people could with the right measure of determination. Thanks, author for an awesome post.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
farahalowaid

Postby maikuu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:19 pm

I like the move. It motiveted me to work hard on my dream. I did not like the end of the movie and how they broke up. they could make it work but it some how realistic. I hieghly recommined it to my friends. Sometimes we feel that everything against as and we should give up about our dream however we must keep pushing our self to make dream becomes real.
maikuu
Site Admin

Postby CarolinaRE » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

I found La La Land offers an imaginative view of how if you work for your dreams they will become real.

In my opinion, life is about dreaming. If you don't dream you don't find a reason to work as hard as needed to achieve them. Even if they are not completely as you imagine them, you will find yourself in a place full of memories and learning experiences. Dreams never end, they are in constant changing and construction. So even if you don't fulfill your childhood dream, do not stop dreaming, because one day life will reward you at the end.
CarolinaRE

Postby Littlepiz486 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

There is probably some workable parts for illustrating Mia and Seb about how do they fulfill their dream, and people should assist each other in the society as Mia and Seb did. Moreover, when someone involves in your life, it truly change a lot whatever in psychological or physical. In mental part, people can enhance their desire. In physical part, people can do their best effort in something they have to do.
Littlepiz486

Postby Mirai Kudo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 pm

In the movie there were scenes where Mia and Sebastian made deisions for themselves, which either made them feel approaching closer to their dream or getting a little far. Mia went for the audition, and Sebastian decided to become a member of the band with the new style of jazz. At the end both of them were able to achieve their dreams, so I thought part of the message of La La Land is that however the process is people can succeeed if they do not give up.

In my opinion, by achieving dreams peoples' lives can change to both good and bad depending on each individual. Some people could really live a happy life, a life they imagined, but at the same time there might be some people ending up having troubles because of becoming full of themselves.
Mirai Kudo

Annis Re: LA LA LAND

Postby anniszhuang0416 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 pm

After I saw the film "La la land", I had a complex feeling about this movie. It is a sweet but sad story. Like the definition of " La la land" in the dictionary, it is an euphoric dreamlike mental state detached from the harsher realities of life. Los Angeles, the city of stars, many young people come here to pursuit their Hollywood dreams. However, few of them can make their dreams come true.

There is no doubt that we should hold beliefs and work hard in order to reach our goals, even if we will fail in the end. Sebastian and Mia, main characters in this film, insisted on their dreams and spared no efforts to make dreams come true. Although they encountered many difficulties and failed many times, they never gave up their dreams.

However, when they were in a dilemma about "love" and "bread", they chose "bread" in order to realize their ambitions. On the way to success, we usually have to make an appropriate choice and discard some things. We should follow our hearts to make decisions. Every decision should be respected. Every dream should be respected.

Teacher's note: I agree, but as La La Land suggests, sometimes a clear choice must be made. There was a famous film star, Mickey Rooney, who seemed to have a new wife every time he made a new movie. Since his day, Hollywood stars seem to have found more acceptable ways of dealing with separation.

Thanks everyone, for being first to post about La La Land, an instant classic IMHO.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted:
anniszhuang0416

Postby Hessahalmatouq » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:35 am

La la land is a romantic musical and a mix of old and new musical movies. It hooks you from the beginning with a realistic story about following dreams. La la land teaches us the importance of following our dreams as well as supporting our partner's dreams. In order to achieve your dream, you should be determined and willing to take the risks no matter how many people tried to let you down or how many times they turned you down. Life is a big test and you should never give up on your dreams. While trying to achieve your goal, you may encounter obstacles along the way, but its important to maintain a positive attitude and look at each obstacle as a challenge you can overcome.
Hessahalmatouq

Postby Leena » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm

I enjoyed watching La La Land because it was different than how it normally would be in the movies which is not realistic most of the time, but La La Land their love story was realistic, and i loved how they did not give up on their dreams for each other and how they reminded each other of their dreams.
Leena

Postby bukhari4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:51 am

Abdulrahman
La La Land is a musical, dramatic, and romantic movie. The movie is about Mia and Sebastian who are chasing their dreams to become an actress and a Jazz famous. They meet several times giving bad impressions to each other. However, after they had the chance to know each other properly, they fell in love together. They supported each other in chasing their dreams. They worked hard to get what they always wanted. Then, after they achieved their dreams, they started to forget about one another.

The movie has a strong message about not giving up and following one’s dream. However, luck also takes a huge account to make dreams come true. One should work his best, and hope for the best. In addition to that, it is very important that people do not forget about those who are always around them supported them, as they are the reason why one could achieve his\her dreams.

La La Land is a very lovely movie and very recommended, although it could have been better.
bukhari4

Next

Return to Movie Reports