HOTEL RWANDA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: HOTEL RWANDA

Postby Majedabdulkarem » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:59 pm

I have no doubt that this is the only movie for the past years that can get me totally if not 100% emotionally involved. For other movies, I might be interacting with the story a lot, say associating my personal experiences with the characters, making a judgment on them, criticizing the development of the story, ways of expression, the cinematography, acting, etc. BUT, Hotel Rwanda simply took me over as I was watching it. My emotion was going along with Paul ( Don Cheadle) all the time.

Teacher's note: You read my mind. That's exactly how I felt, too. Awesome. Thanks for sharing your feelings.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :(
Majedabdulkarem

Postby bukhari4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:17 am

Abdulrahman

Hotel Rwanda is drama movie about a true story happened in Africa. A genocide has occurred in Rwanda between two groups. After a period of peace, the new president was assassinated, which ignited the conflict between them again. Thousands of people were killed. The UN was helpless and couldn’t provide the least help.

This movie reflects the unfortunate true nature of humans, which is conflict. Today, there are many conflicts around the worlds and millions of innocents are dying. A big change is very difficult; however, we all can start by changing ourselves to become better people.
bukhari4

Postby Aziz-abul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:43 am

This movie depicts the civil war that happened in Rwanda, Paul is an unlikely hero who is also the maneger of a famous hotel in Rwanda. He tries everything to protect his family and the people who seek his help. This movie shows the the cruelty that the people suffered and how the people of the world ignored them.

A great movie with a powerful message, everyone should watch this movie.
Aziz-abul

Postby Hasumi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Film561
Hasumi

I believe Paul Rusesabagina is hero in this movie because he always cares about not only his family but also his neighbor or people who are in his hotel. Through this movie, I learned what is happened between Hutu and Tutsis in Rwanda. Although I know the fact, genocide, I did not know detail such as how they fight and why it was happened.

One of the most surprisingly moments is that Tutsis are called cockroach by Hutu. Although both are same human being, one of them is called cockroach. I want to know more about the history or background of this incident.
Hasumi

Postby Nawafsha » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:04 pm

The film stars Don Cheadle as Paul Rusesabagina, the unassuming but intelligent hotel manager whose premises – unwittingly at first – became a five-star refugee camp for Tutsis on the run from Hutu atrocities. Following the assassination of Rwanda’s Hutu President, a long history of tension between the two peoples turned into all-out war. I think it really good movie about history.
Nawafsha

Previous

Return to Movie Reports