[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE INTERVIEW

THE INTERVIEW

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE INTERVIEW

Postby maikuu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE INTERVIEW

Postby e1635107 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Yuka

Dave Skylark is a journalists and Aaron Rapoport is his producer. There is a close bond of friendship between them, so they trust each other. They make a famous program which was Skylark Tonight. In this program, Dave interviews many famous people to get their personal information and gossip.

When they know that Kim Jong-un, who was a leader of the North Korea, is a fun of this TV show, they try to interview him. However, they are recruited by the CIA into an assassination mission. Therefore, they try doing that.

This is a comedy movie but there are a lot of fearful scene. Therefore, I gasped in astonishment at the scene. This content was complicated and I realized that I have to know more and more about society.

In this movie, a puppy appears. Kim Jong-un gives Dave this puppy before they film the program. I love this puppy because it is so adorable.

Teacher's note: Yes, Dave. I love the puppy too. I hope Digby is a good replacement for your other puppy. Thank you for posting, author.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
e1635107

Postby e1635236 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Kimiko
Dave Skylark achieves his interview with his potential which is his humor and the asking precise questions that may lead to big consequences even if he does not plan on purpose. On top of this, he can do his job without worries because he can count on his partner very much.

Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapaport are nice combination for working. Dave has creative ideas and humor which he can show in their TV shows. In terms of Aaron, he is more discreet than Dave and he is very good at withdraw his partner’s potential whose is Skylark. They inspire each other and trust.

Skylark has to make it to take him out, but he has difficulties because he sympathized with the supreme leader. Additionally, he thought the leader is not the person who people from around the worlds see.

I enjoyed the film a lot because the movie has funny scenes. Particularly, conversation between Dave and Aaron was most interesting part for me.
e1635236

Postby Maisaalmedlej » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 pm

The interview is a comedy/action movie that was released in 2014.

"Skylark Tonight" is a popular TV show in The US hosted by Dave Skylark and produced by Aaron Rappaport. The show is about celebrities gossip. Until they discover that their show is Kim Jong Un's "North Korea Dictator" favorite TV show. Dave and Aaron succeed in setting an Interview with him. After the CIA knows about the interview, they want Dave and Aaron to take the chance and assassinate Kim Jong Un.

The movie shows us their journey to North Korea and whether their mission will be accomplished successfully or not.
Maisaalmedlej

Postby Murshed » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 am

The Interview caused a lot of controversy when it was released. The movie is a comedy that features James Franco and Seth Rogen as the main characters. Dave Skylark is a famous tv host with a show that is called "Skylark Tonight". Aaron Rapaport is the producer of that show. When Aaron knew that Kim Jong-un was a fan of the show he got desperate to interview him. Kim made Dave think that North Korea is fun and that he was a normal person rather than a dictator. This was my second time watching this move, and I liked it as much as I did last time.
Murshed

Postby Majedabdulkarem » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:30 am

The interview is a comedy film. Making comedy is a hard thing to do well. Especially when we speak about political comedy. The film is about Dave Skylark (James Franco) who host "Skylark Tonight" and Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogan) who is the producer of the show. They end up landing an interview with Kim Jong (Randall Park) but the CIA tells them they have to assassinate him.The two leads have good chemistry constantly arguing and shooting one-liner which leads to funny results.
Majedabdulkarem

Postby Lusiqi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:53 am

Lusiqi
Film 561
This is a action-comedy movie.The main characters, Dave Skylark and his producer Aaron Rapaport run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." After being humiliated by producers of formal News TV program, Aaron and Dave decides to find a person who can bring them striking and surprising news and make them like official journalists. They occasionally know that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, so they tend to have an interview with him. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, to assassinate Kim Jong-un. All the plots after are absurd but really funny.
Some sceneries are too violent and bloody, which make me feel a little bit uncomfortable. Moreover, this movie is shocking and controversial. The most surprising thing for me is the movie directly uses true name of the North Korea chief administrator, which might lead to real conflict or adverse influence between North Korea and America.
Lusiqi

Postby Naomi Matsumoto » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:11 pm

Naomi
Film561

To tell the truth, I am not good at watching this kind of movie.
Dave Skylark was ablo to attain his interview because of his humor and his potential to talk well. That is why he can get the intervies with the leader of the North Korea. Through staying with the leader, Dave realized that Kim was not dangerous and inhumane. However, at the last of this film, the leader betray that we had expected.
As I said at first, I felt that I do not want to watch this movie again because there are a lot of grotesque scenes and I covered my eyes many times. However, if there are no scenes like that, I could enjoy watching this film. Anyway, I did not like the grotesque scenes, but I liked the story in itself.
Therefore, if you are strong and like to watch this kind of movie, it is good for you to watch it once.
Naomi Matsumoto

Postby bukhari4 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:09 am

Abdulrahman

The Interview is a comedian movie, but also has a message for the viewers. The movie is about a journalist and an interviewer who were able to meet with the leader of North Korea. They thought they would become famous if they interviewed the Supreme Leader. Luckily, they were able to meet with him, but they also had a secret mission to accomplish.

This movie is so funny, however, a little offensive at some points. I still recommend this movie if you want to laugh a lot.
bukhari4

Postby Aziz-abul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:36 am

A dark comedy about a show host named Dave Skylark and his friend Aaron Rapaport. Their relationship is pretty weird but they have chemistry. Things get funny when Dave lands an interview with North Korea Leader Kim Jong Un. Then the CIA tells them to try and assassinate him and free North Korea.

I would no recommend this movie to anyone, but if you have a dark sense of humor and would not get offended then watch this movie.
Aziz-abul

Next

Return to Movie Reports